The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Kindergarten Teacher Earns $700,000 Selling Lesson Plans Online

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

Bond

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
15%
Dec 13, 2009
"Deanna Jump, a kindergarten teacher from Georgia, has made $700,000 selling her lesson plans on Teachers Pay Teachers, an ecommerce startup where teachers offer their lesson plans to fellow educators."

"The site has about 700,000 registered users, of whom 10,000 are sellers. Edelman estimates that of the sellers about 6,000 are earning money. The teachers earning money have so far earned $7 million selling their lesson plans, once Teachers Pay Teachers takes out its commission."

http://mashable.com/2012/05/17/teachers-pay-teachers/

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Yussef

Knowledge Recycler
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
76%
Jan 30, 2012
"Deanna Jump, a kindergarten teacher from Georgia, has made $700,000 selling her lesson plans on Teachers Pay Teachers, an ecommerce startup where teachers offer their lesson plans to fellow educators."

"The site has about 700,000 registered users, of whom 10,000 are sellers. Edelman estimates that of the sellers about 6,000 are earning money. The teachers earning money have so far earned $7 million selling their lesson plans, once Teachers Pay Teachers takes out its commission."

http://mashable.com/2012/05/17/teachers-pay-teachers/

Wow why didn't I think of that.

awesom-o

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
45%
Aug 10, 2011
United Kingdom
Interesting idea a niche you wouldn't know existed if you were not a teacher. I also had no idea about the work done on lesson plans.
Does anyone know what solution they have used for a mulitvendor marketplace? It's one of the better attempts I have seen at this kind of thing.

Yussef

Knowledge Recycler
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
76%
Jan 30, 2012
Interesting idea a niche you wouldn't know existed if you were not a teacher. I also had no idea about the work done on lesson plans.
Does anyone know what solution they have used for a mulitvendor marketplace? It's one of the better attempts I have seen at this kind of thing.

I am willing to bet someone could make a lot of money coming up with a niche to serve the home shoolers market I mean a really high quality all inclusive site with lesson plans, testing, SAT prep, e-text books, and even tools to train you how to be a better home shool teacher for each age group. Could do well I bet.

BeingChewsie

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
113%
Aug 27, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
I am willing to bet someone could make a lot of money coming up with a niche to serve the home shoolers market I mean a really high quality all inclusive site with lesson plans, testing, SAT prep, e-text books, and even tools to train you how to be a better home shool teacher for each age group. Could do well I bet.

Indeed...and someone is :).

I should add that the teacher to teacher marketplace is a simple and effective solution to a problem that plagues every educator, lesson planning is a super drag on teachers, that site solves that problem and makes a teacher's life easier, mega fastlane lesson there.

You can solve small problems in very simple ways and make lots of money doing it.

Sue

deepestblue

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
52%
Jun 11, 2011
Arizona
Cool article and business.

And right on cue here come the slowlaners/sidewalkers trotting out in the comments below the story on Mashable. I need to learn to stop glancing at the comments sections :p

Wuping

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Jan 6, 2012
Europe
Im wondering if this type of website could be pulled off in other countries too!?
There's nothing like it in my country, perhaps the need isn't there or someone hasn't executed the idea yet.

I guess getting people to sign up in the very start will be the hardest part of it.

Rain

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
39%
Apr 5, 2011
Wow... props to her. And great website (aka Fastlane idea).

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.