What's new

Kill or continue?

Idea threads

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 39,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block.

Fersko

New Contributor
LEGACY MEMBER
Joined
Nov 3, 2018
Messages
44
Rep Bank
$245
User Power: 70%
I had some free time, and thought it was a good moment to refresh my coding skills. I wanted to build a micro SaaS / webapp kind of thing, and went for the first thing that popped up in my mind (in hindsight not the smartest thing to do, I know). I was looking for a website that could send me alerts when a deal popped up for a flight in a flexible date range far in the future, from my local airport. I couldn't find it, so I decided to build it myself.

Two weeks of full-time programming led into this:

For the tech enthusiasts:
I've used Firebase for my back-end service using the serverless google cloud functions. As well as the firestore and authentication service. For the front-end I used NextJS React Typescript. This was a good exercise to make me realize the power of this serverless architecture. It was crazy how easy the deployment was, definitely recommend for a MVP.


Anyways, while the technical gained knowledge from this project was very useful. I feel like I'm just building yet another skyscanner,... However, I've learned that when many companies exist around the same business model, it can be a sign of a working model. So, if I could get it to work I might have another side business. As, every flight that gets sold through my site I receive a 3% commission on. So my question is: whether I should continue this project or do you think this will not be feasible?
 
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

O vjopl ov ot e huuf ofie ov tumwit e qsucmin vjev nepz qiuqmi jewi epf ov tiint moli ov gummuxt DIPVT juxiwis vjisi fuit tiin vu ci tuni dunqivovoup O vjopl vji qsufadv tjuamf jewi tunivjoph vjev nelit ov tvepf uav gsun vji sitv. O dep emtu ati huuhmi vu muul aq gmohjvt tu vjisi piift vu ci tunivjoph vjev ot foggisipv epf civvis vjep huuhmi gus ni vu ati zuas tiswodi.
 
Opvisitvoph, O vjopl ov ot e huuf ofie. Qisjeqt zuas eqq jetp'v geomif, cav zuas neslivoph jet. O xuamf vjopl vjot xuamf ci e jov gus tuni gumlt.
 
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

Back
Top Bottom