The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Kids from poverty make thier way into top universities

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

fastermillionair

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
88%
Feb 23, 2020
Canada
Been stuck in a 'mental rut' for a while, but this email from one of the best NGO's in my country opened my eyes up to the reality, so I think it's a good share here.

Very proud of these kids. I belong to an upper-middle family and have all the facilities for studying, good schooling etc, yet am still not sure wheter I will be admitted into the top universities of my country. These kids had nothing. Deprived of everything but they didnt let their situation control them.

Discipline, faith, grit.
These are rare in today's world.

When they step into school, TCF students learn the value of hard work. Their passion for learning, coupled with the positive self-image and self-confidence built in their classrooms helps them build the foundation of their success. When they graduate, they already have dreams and goals for their future and that of their families and communities.

This year, 7 TCF graduates made their way to the Institute of Business Administration (IBA), one of Pakistan’s premier higher education institutions. Their unrelenting self-belief and hard work led them to this, along with the generous support of donors like you.

Here’s what some of them have to share:

“I did my Intermediate from TCF College in Karachi. In the last two years, every day when I used to return from college by 7:00 in the evening - after a 3-hour journey from the campus to my home - there used to be no electricity. It came only at midnight, and after that, I used to study till 3:00 in the morning. It was my everyday routine.”

Humna Noor - BS Economics & Maths

“Being diabetic and managing my studies at the same time was a great challenge. It is hard for me to regulate my sugar levels. While I was preparing for IBA, I often felt tired and fatigued and couldn’t study with discipline. But whenever I felt better, I used to get back to studying.”

Huzaifa Ali - BS Social Sciences

“After graduating from TCF School, I started giving group tuitions to children in my neighbourhood to earn some extra money. Every day when I used to return from TCF College late in the evening, I had my students waiting for me. I wanted to give up because I wasn’t able to handle so many things together, but my teachers at College didn’t let me do that. They supported me, kept me motivated throughout, and now, here I am at IBA!"

Laiba - BS Computer Sciences

“We don’t have a house of our own. My nani (grandmother) has given us a tin-roof room on the rooftop of her house. Because of the C0VlD-19 closures, I didn’t have much of a choice but to study at home. It was hard for me to focus on the entrance exam because my younger cousins made noise while playing there the whole day. I just can’t believe that I made it!”

Mohammad Arham - BS Computer Sciences

Three more alumni, Hayatullah, Saba Yousuf, and Umme-e-Habiba will also be pursuing BS Computer Sciences at IBA.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.