The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Keyword research?

domular

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
18%
Jun 24, 2011
Houston, Texas, United States
I don't think it's required but it sure can help. I always do keyword research to help me choose the domain name because in my opinion it has a huge impact on how well it will rank and be visited.

Arno

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
13%
Aug 1, 2011
I would say it is important, especially if your core-business is a website that generates the income (for example through adwords). You don't want to focus on a keyword or domain-name that is highly competitive and where getting to a good page-rank would be really difficult.
You want to focus on a keyword that attracts sufficient users, is not too competitive and in case of adsense revenue, there should be enough adverizers who use adwords in this specific niche. I know quite a few blogs who really explain this stuff really well, let me know if you're interested.

MUISaiyan

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
228%
Aug 6, 2011
US
For niches yes keyword research is important as well as domain selection (exact match domains rank faster in Google), but they aren't the only factors.

I use Market Samurai and Google's keyword tool to find great keywords and analyze traffic and competition for "Exact Match" searches.

Just remember if you are going after niches to make sure you are not just chasing money and looking to add value as the fast lane teaches :)

James Fake

Gold Contributor
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
May 4, 2009
Las Vegas, NV
Yes, I think it's very important for anything web related. Traffic is the life blood of any online business, and SEO traffic is a huge chunk of that traffic.

Arno

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
13%
Aug 1, 2011
Market Samurai is already mentioned, this also a tool which I use for keyword-research. You can subscribe for a trial period, and buy the program if you like it.
Most of the time I start with the Google Keyword tool for a first orientation, for deeper analysis I use Market Samurai.

Good blogs which I follow for niche-marketing (where quit a bit is explained on keyword-tools) are:

Niche Pursuits | Find Business Ideas, Niche Websites, and Much More!
Niche Site Duel - Challenge Hub | The Smart Passive Income Blog
EXPOSED!!! - My Niche Site Content Creation Strategy! | Virtual Business Lifestyle

Good luck!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.