The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Keep Going

Anything related to matters of the mind

Kingmaker

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
337%
Jan 26, 2013
San Diego

Transcript:

Keep Going

It begins with a sense of what it should be like. Beautiful, accomplished, elegant, perfect. And it is so exciting.

You wake up, bounce out of bed, full of hope and energy. You settle down to work. In your mind’s eye you have such a vivid idea of what you want your masterpiece to be like.

You work, you toil, harder than even you could have envisioned. Then you take a step back from what you’ve done and realize; things aren’t the way you hoped.

Let’s put it more brutally, it’s terrible. You’re disgusted with what you’ve achieve. The only thing you can think about is the terrible gap between what you wanted to do and what you’ve actually done. And it seems your taste is well ahead of your abilities.

You run way in distress, maybe into the arms of someone who loves you. Or perhaps you choose to sit alone, where you contemplate your own profound mediocrity.

Look at you. You’re no better than that little guy. At least he works hard. You’re so sad. You’ve gone back to bed.

The problem is, this is too easy. Despair is cheap.

The first rule of anything creative: forgive yourself for the horror of the first draft.

• Don’t hurry, do a little bit every day.
  • Keep a timetable and stick to it.
  • Work without hope or despair.

And you work like this for days, months, years, even decades. And eventually one day your talents will catch up to your tastes. And you’ll have done something in line with your expectations.

You might even be a little proud of yourself.

And who knows, maybe the rest of the world will be, a little bit too.

So just keep going.

source: http://www.malandarras.com/keepgoing

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Silverhawk851

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
482%
Sep 22, 2012
Toronto/Traveling
Awesome post, was just thinking about posting this. Rep++

beatgoezon

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
165%
Aug 31, 2013
Thanks for putting this video up TheKing, it's exactly what I needed today

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
keepgoing.png
keep-going-quote.jpg

SlowlaneJay

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
273%
Oct 25, 2014
Bogotá, Colombia

EmperorPear

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
78%
Aug 15, 2014
Bor, Serbia
Let me tell you a story. A story to which every teenager can relate, and every adult can draw a lesson from.

It's about why I'm better than my niece in math.

See, we both are on similar playing fields regarding it. And we had similar results up until I found something out.

This is how it usually goes:
In class, we behave similarly. We write if we're in the mood for it, we sorta pay attention. It doesn't matter. The difference happens at home.

The first difference is that I abide by the saying that the early bird gets the worm, and I start preparing early.

The second, and much more critical difference is that I read "The Talent Code"

The way this is important is in our thought process during practice:
If you would sit beside her and see her study you would see her start practicing, fail, and quit.
Sit beside me, however, and this goes differently.
I start doing a problem, I fail, and instead of quitting I continue.
I continue until I get it right, and even then I don't stop. I practice until I can't get it wrong.

The thought process is all the difference:

When she fails, she says to herself that she sucks, and quits.

When I fail, I recognize my failure as baby steps towards success. I press on, I don't get frustrated. My staggering steps slowly, but surely become a walk, then a jog, then a run, and I don't stop until I'm sprinting.

That, my friends, is the difference between a D and an A.
Steadfast effort, steely patience and fiery motivation!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.