The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Just survived INTENSE scripting!

Anything related to matters of the mind

Gabriel_Exists

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
70%
Jan 9, 2022
Less than an hour ago I was in PSHE "lesson", our teacher gave us a sheet with three boxes and asked us to divide our goals into three categories: Realistic, Pipe dream, and fantasy (I only wrote in realistic). They then asked us to imagine our dream days: when would you wake up, where you would work , what would you do, ect.. Next they proceeded to ask individual students to describe their days to the rest of the class. The first student said he would wake up at 6am, drive to work at an office job to return home at 5pm, monday through friday. At first I was supprised but reasoned "I mean if thats his dream day than thats fine I guess". Then the teacher asked another student. Their answer was almost identical. This repeated for another 5-10 minnets all while I tried not to make eye contact, knowing my vision of waking up without an alarm clock, flying planes and snowboading would only elicit reactions of distaste. We were then "taught" if we get a very high paying job we could choose to work part time, and that the one of the most important choices to make when you are older is between money OR time, as if haveing both is impossible.

I am 16 and was feeling pretty low until I read both the millionare fastlane and unscripted , I already had alot of the beliefes described in TMF and unscripted so they helped me reasure my ideas of wealth were actually legitimate as I know litterally no one who shares them.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Disciple96

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
Mar 5, 2016
USA
One of the things it took me too long to learn at your age:

Others may not have the same dreams as us, and that's a good thing. As they say, not everyone can be an entrepreneur. Someone has to work for them.

Not everyone is ready for the lessons in TMF . Most never will be. Use that to your advantage.

Teachers pretty much have their hands tied, though, so try not to blame them too much. Not only are they scripted themselves, they are also required to prepare the lowest common denominator for the most probable outcome, i.e., working a 9-5 job for 45 years until retirement.

They can't teach TMF , not only is it against curriculum and would probably land them in the administration's hot-seat, but it paradoxically would be doing most of your classmates a disservice by not preparing them for their most probable outcomes. This advice shouldn't be wasted on you either, until you're in the fastlane, you're in the slowlane or on the sidewalk, and that advice can still be useful even if it doesn't align with your long term vision.

It's good that you have higher expectations out of yourself than your peers, that's the first step to getting started.

But... try not to flex your dreams to other people, they'll just resent you for it and the more you speak on your dreams, the bigger the disconnect will be from their own self-expectations, and they will start to only see you as a "dreamer".

That's not to say you shouldn't speak your truth when prompted, but don't expect others to believe in you the same way you believe in yourself, even your family and future spouse will have a hard time believing in them. It's simply not the way most people train themselves to think. You have a gift in that regard, as do most on this forum.

Since most everyone is "events-based", they won't believe in your dreams until they see some event related thing that proves your dreams have already become reality. Don't let that drag you down - take it as a challenge.

Last edited:

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Less than an hour ago I was in PSHE "lesson", our teacher gave us a sheet with three boxes and asked us to divide our goals into three categories: Realistic, Pipe dream, and fantasy (I only wrote in realistic). They then asked us to imagine our dream days: when would you wake up, where you would work , what would you do, ect.. Next they proceeded to ask individual students to describe their days to the rest of the class. The first student said he would wake up at 6am, drive to work at an office job to return home at 5pm, monday through friday. At first I was supprised but reasoned "I mean if thats his dream day than thats fine I guess". Then the teacher asked another student. Their answer was almost identical. This repeated for another 5-10 minnets all while I tried not to make eye contact, knowing my vision of waking up without an alarm clock, flying planes and snowboading would only elicit reactions of distaste. We were then "taught" if we get a very high paying job we could choose to work part time, and that the one of the most important choices to make when you are older is between money OR time, as if haveing both is impossible.

I am 16 and was feeling pretty low until I read both the millionare fastlane and unscripted , I already had alot of the beliefes described in TMF and unscripted so they helped me reasure my ideas of wealth were actually legitimate as I know litterally no one who shares them.

Is this the USA, or some other country?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.