- Joined
- Aug 31, 2018
- Messages
- 25
Rep Bank
$230
$230
User Power: 192%
Hey everyone. I just came across this forum a few weeks ago and have spent a fair amount of time reading through the gold and notable threads. I’m just about finished reading TMFand will be ordering Unscripted soon. TMF really solidified some things that have been on my mind intermittently over the past several years, and that is that you will never reach true freedom while acting as an employee. You need to be a producer.
I am currently in my early 30’s and have a great job as a new nurse practitioner. I make just over 100k and have been subscribing to the old 401k max/save as much of your income as possible advice. While we aren’t hurting for money, I have come to the conclusion that I don’t want to have to work until 65. I enjoy my job and would probably work on a part time basis even if I didn’t have to, but I would like that to be my choice.
I am looking at a few business ideas. One is a drive thru business that I think based
on my town’s population and lack of options, would do quite well. Similar businesses in other smaller towns with similar demographics are killing it. One of these companies has a consulting service for about 12k that essentially walks you through the whole startup process by helping train employees, buy the appropriate equipment and POS software, establish with vendors to ensure inventory pricing is on point. They also let you into their shop for a few days to see how they run it and then they come help you run yours for a week to help iron out kinks. My goal is to start with one location for a year, and depending on how it goes, I would like to start expanding to other locations.
For someone without any experience starting and running a company, this type of help sounds in valuable to me. I’m curious to know what others think. Is it worth the 12k or is figuring all that stuff out on your own part of the learning process?
Thank you in advance!
I am currently in my early 30’s and have a great job as a new nurse practitioner. I make just over 100k and have been subscribing to the old 401k max/save as much of your income as possible advice. While we aren’t hurting for money, I have come to the conclusion that I don’t want to have to work until 65. I enjoy my job and would probably work on a part time basis even if I didn’t have to, but I would like that to be my choice.
I am looking at a few business ideas. One is a drive thru business that I think based
on my town’s population and lack of options, would do quite well. Similar businesses in other smaller towns with similar demographics are killing it. One of these companies has a consulting service for about 12k that essentially walks you through the whole startup process by helping train employees, buy the appropriate equipment and POS software, establish with vendors to ensure inventory pricing is on point. They also let you into their shop for a few days to see how they run it and then they come help you run yours for a week to help iron out kinks. My goal is to start with one location for a year, and depending on how it goes, I would like to start expanding to other locations.
For someone without any experience starting and running a company, this type of help sounds in valuable to me. I’m curious to know what others think. Is it worth the 12k or is figuring all that stuff out on your own part of the learning process?
Thank you in advance!
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Last edited:
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
