The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

INTRO Just quit my job...

Remove ads while supporting the Unscripted philosophy...become an INSIDER.

herosoma

Contributor
Read Millionaire Fastlane
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Jun 25, 2020
St. Louis, MO
Hey guys,
I just put in my two weeks.

I'm building an app that helps you to track personal goals and build new habits.

I'm also investing in real estate. I have one property and I'm looking to expand now that I've completed my first BRRRR (closing refi this week).

I'm going to document my progress here daily as far as real estate and the software project go.

Any feedback or advice is appreciated

Thanks!

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

Last edited:

Tilos

Process > Results
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
May 11, 2017
Oklahoma City, OK
Congrats on taking the plunge! That's a very bold move.

I'm a real estate investor as well, and I am huge fan of the BRRRR.

For your app, what demographic are you concentrating on? Is it B2B? B2C?

Congrats again, and looking forward to your new adventure!

herosoma

Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Jun 25, 2020
St. Louis, MO
Congrats on taking the plunge! That's a very bold move.

I'm a real estate investor as well, and I am huge fan of the BRRRR.

For your app, what demographic are you concentrating on? Is it B2B? B2C?

Congrats again, and looking forward to your new adventure!

Thanks, it would be B2C. I think gathering initial users and feedback for the app will be easier going straight to consumers.

herosoma

Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Jun 25, 2020
St. Louis, MO
Headed to Festus/ Pevely on Wednesday for a weekend of racing. How are the people in your area handling everything right now? Here in Texas..... it's just another day.....

BOLD move to quit right now. Hopefully it all goes well for you.
A weekend of racing sounds awesome. People are handling it well here in St. Louis. Most businesses have reopened, it's almost business as usual.

herosoma

Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Jun 25, 2020
St. Louis, MO
Hey guys,

I'm building an app that helps you to track personal goals and build new habits.

I'm also investing in real estate. I have one property and I'm looking to expand now that I've completed my first BRRRR (closing refi this week).

I'm going to document my progress here daily as far as real estate and the software project go.

Thanks!

Day 2

Today awoke with a little more pep in my step. Almost anxious to get to work. Let's hope the vitality doesn't wear off.

I will be working on the backend for the web app today. (Goal: to build CRUD for Values Model)

For real estate, I'm closing refi Wednesday this week. I am going to get some more books on investing (Wholesaling/financing). Finding really good deals seems to be my bottleneck at the moment. I'd like to work on that before I receive the loan.

That is the move for today.

Update:
- Had begun to build and test the API system today
- Spoke with the boss on the resignation, I'm working until the end of the month
- Purchased a few books on financing real estate deals and advertising via sales copy

Last edited:

herosoma

Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Jun 25, 2020
St. Louis, MO
Hey guys,

Thanks!
Day 3

Still working on hiring a frontend developer for the app.
Tomorrow I close on the refi.
Today I am continuing to build out the backend and testing API requests.
I'm also looking for the next investment property. Right now, I'm searching the MLS

herosoma

Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Jun 25, 2020
St. Louis, MO
Hey guys,

Thanks!

Day 4

Today I am closing on refi.
Next step for real estate:

Create a proper investment criteria
– requirements for price, cash flow, ROI, Rehab, etc (Planning for longterm buy and hold)

For App:
- I will test out the API Requests today.
- and Check Upwork for Frontend Dev.
- Then write out the unique requests for each model

herosoma

Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Jun 25, 2020
St. Louis, MO
Day ... Lost Count so will start over. Day 0

Since the last day, I've left my job, started a new LLC for the software company, hired a designer and frontend dev to hack out the frontend and built the backend myself. Should be able to launch the MVP by the end of this week.

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
how many have you sold?

Olov

Contributor
Jul 10, 2019

ryandoak

Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Aug 1, 2018
South Ogden, Utah
Hey guys,

Thanks!
Ballsy move. Keep us posted.

ryandoak

Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Aug 1, 2018
South Ogden, Utah
Day ... Lost Count so will start over. Day 0

Since the last day, I've left my job, started a new LLC for the software company, hired a designer and frontend dev to hack out the frontend and built the backend myself. Should be able to launch the MVP by the end of this week.
Damn, you're bustin' shit out.

Hadrian

Celtic Whispers
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Oct 8, 2017
Dublin, Ireland
Hey guys,

Thanks!

Awesome good luck with that. I hope you've the cash to keep yourself afloat as apps usually cost multiples more than you think in terms of time and money.... Working on a fantasy themed productivity app myself but won't be launching til 2021... Will keep an eye on your progess and best wishes!!! :bicep:

Ps Just finished Rich Dad Poor Dad on Audible... so many questions I'd like to ask at a later date perhaps.... re. real estate rentals. :palm:

Sponsored Offers

FEATURED! Introducing... WEALTH EXPO$ED, A Short Story By MJ DeMarco
Hi Mj, I just bought it. And reading it. I think is a great idea to write using the stories to...
MARKETPLACE Fox Web School "Legend" Group Coaching Program 2020
Great post @Fox, very much appreciated! How can I reach out to you? I sent you a PM a while...
MARKETPLACE Lex DeVille's - Advanced Freelance Udemy Courses!
Hey @Lex DeVille ! Having some issues with the NOREGRETS code? Udemy thinks it has expired...
MARKETPLACE Grow Your Business With a Book (An Unorthodox Marketing Strategy That Built One of the Largest...
Are you looking for a new, lesser-known but potentially very lucrative source of leads to your...
MARKETPLACE You Are One Call Away From Living Your Dream Life - LightHouse’s Accountability Program ⚡
Just got off the phone with @LightHouse. Having just a 45 minute conversation with him has...
MARKETPLACE Kill Bigger Incubator
@Kak Thanks for the reply. Whats interesting is that I have an idea that's been cooking which...

Forum Sponsor

sponsor

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...

Top Bottom