rthconsultants
New Contributor
- Joined
- Oct 11, 2011
- Messages
- 22
Rep Bank
$235
$235
User Power: 68%
Okay, here is the down an dirty:
* Have an ex-wife with whom I have three minor children
* Have current wife with whom I have one minor child
My ex-wife (legally divorced for several years) *loves* to pervert child support as spousal support (she is not legally entitled to the latter). She always seems to adjust her needs to provide for our children as my income rises and falls
As my business system is starting to develop financial traction; I have to consider how to best protect my scaling income levels.
I have not declared a business structure yet but will by month's end. What are some things I should consider? Should all income be assigned to the structure and I be paid through the structure (rather than be the trustee of the structure, be an employee)?
Yes, we were long divorced before I started this business system - I can see no legal way she could/would be entitled to the assets of this business but I do not want to allow her to profit from the business system by proxy.
Does that make any sense?
Thanks,
Ryan
* Have an ex-wife with whom I have three minor children
* Have current wife with whom I have one minor child
My ex-wife (legally divorced for several years) *loves* to pervert child support as spousal support (she is not legally entitled to the latter). She always seems to adjust her needs to provide for our children as my income rises and falls
As my business system is starting to develop financial traction; I have to consider how to best protect my scaling income levels.
I have not declared a business structure yet but will by month's end. What are some things I should consider? Should all income be assigned to the structure and I be paid through the structure (rather than be the trustee of the structure, be an employee)?
Yes, we were long divorced before I started this business system - I can see no legal way she could/would be entitled to the assets of this business but I do not want to allow her to profit from the business system by proxy.
Does that make any sense?
Thanks,
Ryan
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
