The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Just got out of sidewalk

hoonse

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Aug 11, 2019
Hi, I'm Hoonjong Paik from South Korea.
I'm 33 years old, male, married and studied finance at George Washington University in DC.
My first job after graduating college was an OEM garment cloth manufacturer in Korea.
Salary was decent, but average working hour was 12~15 hours from Monday to Friday.
My wife wasn't satisfied with my daily life dominated by my job and often complained her marriage life wasn't happy because of me.
I, on the other hand, thought at that time that it was my duty to sacrifice myself for our future.
No matter how stressed out I was, how tired I was, how dissatisfied I was for the job, I perceived it as the necessary step to become happier.

On my fifth year at the workplace, I got promoted and became an associate manager.
But the total amount of daily task didn't decrease at all.
That was when I first read 'The Millionaire Fastlane '.
As I read through the book, I immediately realized how miserable my life was and how stupid I was for managing my own life.
So, I quit the job next month. Even though I didn't have a clue what to do afterwards, I just did it.
I'm sure that was the very moment my life slightly moved towards the Fastlane (though I'm still not there yet).
It's one of the most valuable moments in my life.

It was late 2018 when I quit the first job, when Bitcoin was phenomenal in Korea. New job openings were poured into the market.
Luckily, I got into a cryptocurrency exchange as a corporate sales manager without much difficulty.
I learned so many things about blockchain technology and cryptocurrency industry there.
For the 10 months working as a sales manager, I built my network and made connections to big names in the industry.

Two months ago, I quit the second job at crypto exchange and finally started my own business.
It's a crypto loan service for cryptocurrency long-term holders and active traders, whose MVP is under development and expected to be launched by this October.
I just want to thank Mr. DeMarco for opening up the gate for me, which probably will lead to a better life.

Sincerely,

Hoonjong Paik

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

hoonse

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Aug 11, 2019
Interresting story, would you give us more information about your business? What was the name of the exchange you worked?

Thanks for showing interest in my story. My business is a cryptocurrency based loan service. We take Bitcoin as collateral and send out loans in fiat currency with about 50~60% LTV.
I used to work at Coinone. It's one of the largest exchanges in Korea by daily volume.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...