The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Just got my a$$ handed to me.

CardShark

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
5%
Sep 27, 2009
Texas
Hey guys, got a few projects I have been working on and I just sent what I have been working on to my mentor and damn I just got grilled and was told that what I have done so far was not even close to what she is looking for (she rated it a (-5) on a scale of 1-10). The awesome thing is that as I write this I have a smile on my face and I know what I am doing is right and it WILL work (can't emphasize that enough). I am motivated to bring that -5 to 10 in the 90 days she has given me to get this done. This idea is just too damn good to let it go with out a fight and it feels damn good to know I can take that kind of lashing and shake it off. Just hoping that a year or two from now I will add my story to the list of success stories. Wish me luck. :D

*cliffs
1) idea is going to need investors to get off the ground, I am writing a business plan to get the investors on board.
2) what I wrote obviously wasn't up to her standards
3) she tore me a new one
4) I relish the challenge, will get it done come hell or high water.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Russ H

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Jul 25, 2007
Napa Valley, CA
Mistakes are just learning opportunities.

The more mistakes I make, the more I learn.

The more I learn, the more I succeed.

You can see where this is going.

I embrace mistakes. Good on you for doing the same! :banana:

-Russ H.

CMCarlin

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
8%
Jan 30, 2008
Ha! You can't back down from a REAL challenge!

Good for you!

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Did she give you any guidance as to *why* she thought your effort was a -5? Concepts? Writing style?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

CardShark

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
5%
Sep 27, 2009
Texas
Yes, she told me that I need to go deeper and go in to more detail for my plan. She also told me do much more research on the competition and do a better market analysis. Basically, what I have done so far is not anywhere close to what a good business plan should look like. She gave me some good resources and is connecting me some people who should be able to give me some solid advice and help me get this accomplished in the next 90 days. The bottom line is this woman is a no BS person and she is someone I respect very much. I know she did not write what she did to me to be mean, it was meant to be a wake up call and designed to bring the very best out of me to give this idea the absolute best chance to fly. So, I am off to a rocky start, but this setback does not define me or my idea, rather it was I do from this point forward that will determine my success and the success of my idea. So, all that being said, back to work........

Rawr

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Aug 12, 2007
south florida
Yes, she told me that I need to go deeper and go in to more detail for my plan. She also told me do much more research on the competition and do a better market analysis. Basically, what I have done so far is not anywhere close to what a good business plan should look like. She gave me some good resources and is connecting me some people who should be able to give me some solid advice and help me get this accomplished in the next 90 days. The bottom line is this woman is a no BS person and she is someone I respect very much. I know she did not write what she did to me to be mean, it was meant to be a wake up call and designed to bring the very best out of me to give this idea the absolute best chance to fly. So, I am off to a rocky start, but this setback does not define me or my idea, rather it was I do from this point forward that will determine my success and the success of my idea. So, all that being said, back to work........

It will be much more rewarding to put in the time, research, make some calls, and actually do the homework on your plan, been there done that, for a class wrote a paragraph as my business plan, got 5/100, teachers knew I had potential so I spent all weekend making a new one turned out to be around 20-25 pages, got the A

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.