Hi Fastlaners,
Just wanted to introduce myself, I'm from California, work an 8 to 5 slowlane job and am now trying to focus on filling a need and getting on the fastlane so that I won't have to work until 70 and barely retire. I don't have any burning desire to own a fleet of fast cars, mansions or yachts (although those things are nice), my main thing is like MJ said in the book, time. Waking up and being able to do whatever I want each day is the biggest motivation for me.
I just finished reading the book last week and have been browsing this forum ever since, what a great read it was. Unfortunately I had just finished doing 2 slowlane things right before I read the book. I bought an investment property which just closed and will make me some nice passive income every month but it is not scalable, there's no way I can buy many more houses, maybe another one in 2 years but now I'm debating whether or not to go that route. The money for a second house could be used for a fastlane business instead. The other thing was I launched a niche website, which has made me a few dollars so far but any passive income from it is through affiliate links which is also slowlane since I don't have control.
The great thing about my job is that I have a high amount of downtime and no internet restriction or boss watching over my shoulder, so while it is slowlane at least a lot of hours can be spent getting paid to research and work on fastlane. If anyone needs help with some SEO strategy or free website tools just let me know, I'd be happy to share what I've found.
Cheers,
Dustin
Just wanted to introduce myself, I'm from California, work an 8 to 5 slowlane job and am now trying to focus on filling a need and getting on the fastlane so that I won't have to work until 70 and barely retire. I don't have any burning desire to own a fleet of fast cars, mansions or yachts (although those things are nice), my main thing is like MJ said in the book, time. Waking up and being able to do whatever I want each day is the biggest motivation for me.
I just finished reading the book last week and have been browsing this forum ever since, what a great read it was. Unfortunately I had just finished doing 2 slowlane things right before I read the book. I bought an investment property which just closed and will make me some nice passive income every month but it is not scalable, there's no way I can buy many more houses, maybe another one in 2 years but now I'm debating whether or not to go that route. The money for a second house could be used for a fastlane business instead. The other thing was I launched a niche website, which has made me a few dollars so far but any passive income from it is through affiliate links which is also slowlane since I don't have control.
The great thing about my job is that I have a high amount of downtime and no internet restriction or boss watching over my shoulder, so while it is slowlane at least a lot of hours can be spent getting paid to research and work on fastlane. If anyone needs help with some SEO strategy or free website tools just let me know, I'd be happy to share what I've found.
Cheers,
Dustin
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
