The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Just finished the book

needchaser

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
62%
Jan 7, 2012
USA
Hi Fastlaners,

Just wanted to introduce myself, I'm from California, work an 8 to 5 slowlane job and am now trying to focus on filling a need and getting on the fastlane so that I won't have to work until 70 and barely retire. I don't have any burning desire to own a fleet of fast cars, mansions or yachts (although those things are nice), my main thing is like MJ said in the book, time. Waking up and being able to do whatever I want each day is the biggest motivation for me.

I just finished reading the book last week and have been browsing this forum ever since, what a great read it was. Unfortunately I had just finished doing 2 slowlane things right before I read the book. I bought an investment property which just closed and will make me some nice passive income every month but it is not scalable, there's no way I can buy many more houses, maybe another one in 2 years but now I'm debating whether or not to go that route. The money for a second house could be used for a fastlane business instead. The other thing was I launched a niche website, which has made me a few dollars so far but any passive income from it is through affiliate links which is also slowlane since I don't have control.

The great thing about my job is that I have a high amount of downtime and no internet restriction or boss watching over my shoulder, so while it is slowlane at least a lot of hours can be spent getting paid to research and work on fastlane. If anyone needs help with some SEO strategy or free website tools just let me know, I'd be happy to share what I've found.

Cheers,
Dustin

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

ositaability

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Jan 10, 2012
PORT HARCOURT
The great thing about my job is that I have a high amount of downtime and no internet restriction or boss watching over my shoulder, so while it is slowlane at least a lot of hours can be spent getting paid to research and work on fastlane.

welcome mate!

for the fact that your motivation is immaterial shows that passion is the your driving pont..

keep it up

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Hello Dustin and welcome to the boards. =)

needchaser

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
62%
Jan 7, 2012
USA
Thanks MJ! The book is awesome, I've been telling all of my friends and family about it.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...