The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Just dropped out at 20 years old. 2 Years of mild successes in the past.

Jackson J

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
228%
May 9, 2018
Tucson, Arizona
I've been a practicing entrepreneur for 2 years now and made over 40k, more about those ventures later. So I dropped out! I realized my willpower I was using to complete college classes was ill-used and my time is more valuable in creating a business myself. My fraternity was holding me back by giving me a good life of partying, girls, and friends. I was surrounded by people living it up and going nowhere but towards a life in the work force. The past year has been a constant internal struggle, I enjoyed my life but knew this life was not sustainable. Summer is here and living at home I have a new energy and clear head. I realize I'm going at a snails pace living the way I was and my real life starts now. Before I would spend at max an hour a day on any small business. I was successful at it but not building a recurring income stream where I was on a path to be married to time.

I read TMF over 6 months ago and gained extreme inspiration as it went into more depth all the truths I already believed and had tried to preach to my friends. I decided to check out the site as I just got UNSCRIPTED on audible.

Here is my website Jackson Jesionowski that goes over my previous businesses and what I am building right now. If anyone is in Tucson, AZ let me know I am trying to surround myself with like minded people. Currently I have no one in my life to learn from or look up to because they all are heading towards, or are in, a path of being a cog in the system.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Real Deal Denver

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
245%
Jan 13, 2018
Denver, Colorado
Hi Jackson,

You are one intense dude. I looked over your website, and aside from the phone repair, which I can see would be time intensive and low profit, I thought your other ideas were brilliant. Why did you abandon them?

You will learn a lot from being here. I don't think I have much to offer you, but I am sure others here will.

I like your creed you live by too - except for number 8. You are full of yourself, which is okay because you do have a lot to offer and you are 20 - so that's understandable. Eventually, however, I do hope you do some serious searching for the meaning of life. That is a taboo topic here, so I won't go into it - and it wouldn't matter anyway. But I hope you can some day see beyond the bubble you live in. Let that simmer in the back of your brain for a few years. I know you'll get around to it when you're ready.

You could be the kind of guy that gets a dozen side gigs going, and they all do well. You are certainly attuned to that already.

Good luck in your endeavors - congrats on having a serious assessment of your life and your goals - and there is no reason you can't succeed in everything you set out to do.

You are going places.

Jackson J

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
228%
May 9, 2018
Tucson, Arizona
Hi Jackson,

You are one intense dude. I looked over your website, and aside from the phone repair, which I can see would be time intensive and low profit, I thought your other ideas were brilliant. Why did you abandon them?

You will learn a lot from being here. I don't think I have much to offer you, but I am sure others here will.

I like your creed you live by too - except for number 8. You are full of yourself, which is okay because you do have a lot to offer and you are 20 - so that's understandable. Eventually, however, I do hope you do some serious searching for the meaning of life. That is a taboo topic here, so I won't go into it - and it wouldn't matter anyway. But I hope you can some day see beyond the bubble you live in. Let that simmer in the back of your brain for a few years. I know you'll get around to it when you're ready.

You could be the kind of guy that gets a dozen side gigs going, and they all do well. You are certainly attuned to that already.

Good luck in your endeavors - congrats on having a serious assessment of your life and your goals - and there is no reason you can't succeed in everything you set out to do.

You are going places.
Hello! Appreciate your reply. I actually tell my friends and family I am living in a bubble, I understand that but also realize that is best for me right now (maybe we are not talking about the same "bubble" but for me I mean my thoughts on how the only right thing to be doing right now is making money). Wealth is simply a tool and I will only leave my bubble once I obtain a surplus of this tool. As far the meaning of life and soul searching I find those two to be intertwined, what my soul wants is to live the life with the most meaning, which through every possible meaning, I see money being a catalyst in that path. I really get where you are coming from as I mention girls, partying, and fraternity friends as being a good life. I do realize these things are all instant gratification and have little to no lasting value. I surrounded myself with the wrong people for the last two years and need to find more people like the ones on this site.

As for why I left the past gigs I'll lay it out!

Idormphonerepair - This was actually a great gig, the problem of it being labor intensive was fixed by teaching my roommate how to fix the phone and paying him $5 a fix. I made ~$60 per fix and he knew that but was fine with it because he could fix 4 phones in an hour. Why did I stop? I left the dorm! I have thought of making a business out of going back to the dorms and hiring kids but have never felt passionate about the idea.

SMS Verification - People were using the verifications for sneaker bots, to cheat on Steam, creating stealth Paypal accounts. Nothing good coming out of it!

Amazon Links 4 Cancer - Linking affiliate links through a botted service was against Amazon terms somehow, I was never told directly but the affiliate accounts would get banned after a month. Still donated some money to the American Cancer Society though!

Bitcoin for Paypal - Got my paypal limited for using friends and family payments, dealt with chargebacks, and it was all manual labor and no good way to train someone to do the same work.

Del

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
394%
Jan 22, 2018
London, UK
Hello Jackson and welcome to the Forum

I had a read through your website and I am truly impressed. Many good undertaken projects in so little time, but makes me wonder, why not pursue a single one of your choice and really make it stand out?

Also from my understanding there must have been quite a lot of coding involved to produce your websites. Is it something you done yourself?

By the way, your 8 point introduction is remarkable. I wish I had that mindset when I was your age.

SEO Guy

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
384%
May 14, 2017
Page 1
Hey Jackson,

Great to meet you and have you on these forums. I'm 20 years old as well and it's tough to find people our age with a track record like your own. Action takers really.

Looking forward to seeing your post!

Enjoy :)

MikeS

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
156%
Apr 26, 2018
Czech Republic
I have to thank you for this post because you just opened my mind to some new ideas. You have just demonstrated that you don't need to know all the latest technologies and have the sharpest programming skills to build something that can generate value.

Thanks again and I wish you luck in your future projects!

Darth Vein

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
54%
May 4, 2018
@Jackson J, I just turned 21 in April bruh. You ideas totally resonate with me. Am going to quote Von Goethe here, "Everyone holds his fortune in his own hands, like a sculptor the raw material he will fashion into a figure. But it’s the same with that type of artistic activity as with all others: We are merely born with the capability to do it. The skill to mold the material into what we want must be learned and attentively cultivated."
Only one thing I ask of you brov, never give up. If you do you'll never see that light at the end of the tunnel. Glad you here.

Late Bloomer

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
143%
Apr 17, 2018
Jackson, I'm just reaffirming what you already know: You're one hell of a very impressively thoughtful, active, achieving 20 year old! I'm jealous, although I was also successful academically, I had nowhere near your focus and accomplishment levels at your age. I'm excited that you found that MJ's preaching from the same self-directed hymnal you chose for your own life, and that you've joined the forum to share the journey, ideas and motivation. Rock on!!

I don't have anything specific to suggest to you now, but I do look forward to learning from you, and I hope that some of what I've been able to experience and think about in my life will also prove valuable to you.

What an incredible difference between your laser sharp focus, and Alexx's "I've been a loser" thread. Maybe hearing from someone closer to his own age will help him?

Jackson J

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
228%
May 9, 2018
Tucson, Arizona
Jackson, I'm just reaffirming what you already know: You're one hell of a very impressively thoughtful, active, achieving 20 year old! I'm jealous, although I was also successful academically, I had nowhere near your focus and accomplishment levels at your age. I'm excited that you found that MJ's preaching from the same self-directed hymnal you chose for your own life, and that you've joined the forum to share the journey, ideas and motivation. Rock on!!

I don't have anything specific to suggest to you now, but I do look forward to learning from you, and I hope that some of what I've been able to experience and think about in my life will also prove valuable to you.

What an incredible difference between your laser sharp focus, and Alexx's "I've been a loser" thread. Maybe hearing from someone closer to his own age will help him?

Thank you! It is actually reassuring to hear because I show friends my age and they are not so impressed. I can not quite understand that because if a friend were to show me something similar I would be asking questions non stop and hoping to spend more time with them! College is not the right environment to find entrepreneurial thinkers I suppose, at least not the one I am at.

Would you mind linking me to this Alex, and the thread you were referring to?

Late Bloomer

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
143%
Apr 17, 2018
Thank you! It is actually reassuring to hear because I show friends my age and they are not so impressed.

You're welcome. At any age, there's a minority of people who think in entrepreneurial, Fastlane terms, and who care about building process and strategy to help them get there. Even a lot of adults already in business or management, and a lot of MBA students, don't have that mindset. How much rarer in a general collection of college students.

Would you mind linking me to this Alex, and the thread you were referring to?

Alexx's thread is here: I've been a loser now I MUST find a solution! Any advice?

100speed

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
111%
Jan 2, 2017
London
Hey man,
Good to see another young guy on the forum with a lot of projects!
Had a look over your website, v interesting and inspiring what you have achieved, you may have inspired me to start my own portoflio website aha. Just a quick heads up by the way, your social media services website may need a new SSL certificate, Chrome has started auto-blocking them, can get free ones from Lets Encrypt if you're on nearly any cloud hosting ;)
I see you are a bit of a python god as well, I'm just starting to get into python to automate my social media (mainly Twitter), would love to ask you a few questions regarding bot nets if possible? :)
Anyway welcome to the forum bro!

IlyaP

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
504%
Aug 25, 2016
Welcome, welcome! Glad to see another 20 y/o on the forum looking for something more in life.

If you're still in Tucson by the next FastLane Summit, would love to meet up and talk with someone like-minded because as you've mentioned, it can be somewhat hard to find. I've definitely had a better experience than you regarding local entrepreneurship communities, but my university & local area are very entrepreneurship oriented even if most of it is more oriented towards startups and venture funding and not "lifestyle" businesses.

There's one blog post I think might be really useful to you. It's by an old member of this forum about having multiple businesses at the same time: https://foreverjobless.com/entrepreneurial-diworsification/

It looks like you have a ton of stuff going on, and I bet you know one of those has higher potential, so why not work on that one rather than spreading yourself too thin and trying to make 4 businesses succeed at the same time?

That's what I used to do, and had some success with it (~$30k profits in a couple years), but I'm now focusing on only one business that I believe has big potential and while it's been hard, I find it much easier to focus & push through the hard parts rather than jumping to something easier in a different business when the times get tough in one.

Jackson J

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
228%
May 9, 2018
Tucson, Arizona
Welcome, welcome! Glad to see another 20 y/o on the forum looking for something more in life.

If you're still in Tucson by the next FastLane Summit, would love to meet up and talk with someone like-minded because as you've mentioned, it can be somewhat hard to find. I've definitely had a better experience than you regarding local entrepreneurship communities, but my university & local area are very entrepreneurship oriented even if most of it is more oriented towards startups and venture funding and not "lifestyle" businesses.

There's one blog post I think might be really useful to you. It's by an old member of this forum about having multiple businesses at the same time: https://foreverjobless.com/entrepreneurial-diworsification/

It looks like you have a ton of stuff going on, and I bet you know one of those has higher potential, so why not work on that one rather than spreading yourself too thin and trying to make 4 businesses succeed at the same time?

That's what I used to do, and had some success with it (~$30k profits in a couple years), but I'm now focusing on only one business that I believe has big potential and while it's been hard, I find it much easier to focus & push through the hard parts rather than jumping to something easier in a different business when the times get tough in one.
Not sure if I will be in Tucson by that point but depending on my continued relationship with this forum I may go to the Summit. Read the article even though I am practicing that now. Betarian is the one that is my time sink and the one with the most potential. I see the point being made but think there is many benefits, at least to myself, in having other projects to work on. Albeit I think what some people struggle with is keeping those background projects in the background as they tend to be more passion-oriented over a need filler.

Jackson J

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
228%
May 9, 2018
Tucson, Arizona
Theirs a $hit load of people in AZ you can meet with.
Sadly I do not have the patience to go through everyones' profiles... maybe a python script would work better. Also I know there is the thread where people post where they are from, already contacted a few but no replies!

NaPal

Done > Perfect
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
112%
Apr 16, 2012
USA
Great intro. I fully support your decision to dropout and pursue furthering your business ventures.

The society expectation is that you must go to college. More and more I'm recommending kids not go to college, but instead invest those 4 years in developing a system to live financially free. College is a HUGE business, and it is disguised by providing you a degree that guarantees you lifelong increased income at a job.

Don't make the mistake my wife and I did. We are now sitting at $70k each in debt and trying to free ourselves. It can't come soon enough.

Take those 4 years, live at home, with nothing to lose, and grind, take action, keep trying, until you finally hit that home run. Maybe even live for free while building equity in an asset.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Welcome Jackson, great to have another Arizonian!

Nemolein

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
110%
Nov 12, 2017
Brazil
College is not the right environment to find entrepreneurial thinkers I suppose, at least not the one I am at.
You are totally right. College students think according what teachers teach them, not able to think by themselves. rarely you will find someone on the same path or similar thoughts as you. I always analize my college partners beliefs and way of thinking and what i realized is that they extremely beliefe college gonna guarantee their financial sucess. I find terrified how teachers preach "doing what it loves" make enough money for surviving and working with passion become less stressfull and happier the life.

Counter

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
56%
May 21, 2018
Entrepreneurship is never a easy jo to start. You have to sacrifice something in return to be successful in this field. The positive thing about you is you are 20 years old. You have your life ahead of you. So, be determined and not let the hardships test your patience.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...