• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. Join 40,000+ entrepreneurs
    who are kicking butt and
    winning their dream life.

Unscripted™ Entrepreneurship:
    A Business That Pays More Than Money, It Pays Time.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The Unscripted Entrepreneurial Framework (TUNEF) outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED™). From multimillionaires to digital nomads, the forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

FORUM SEARCH

Get answers about starting a business from real entrepreneurs. Powered by Google.

I've been a loser now I MUST find a solution! Any advice?

Discussion in 'General Mindset, Motivation, Beliefs' started by Alexx, May 5, 2018.

1. Alexx

Alexx Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $106
    Hi everyone, I'm new member here.

After reading MJ's book, I've realized many things about my life.

I've been a loser for more than three years.
    Basically I've been studying these last years programming, electronics and telecommunications degree (in Europe).

I still need to graduate and get the bachelor but I'm far away from finishing it.
    I've just realized how much time I've wasted procrastinating, hanging out with losers and NOT working or studying enough. My parents don't know nothing about this situation. They always helped me and paid for my studies. They think I'm doing good but I'm not. I feel so bad about it.

I'm telling you this here because I've realized I want to change my life, be a real entrepreneur and become a real winner in life (so I can help also my family because they helped me).

I've also realized that the studies I'm doing are not my main focus/goals, the only thing is that if I dropout now it would be really hard to find a job as many employers could ask me why I didn't finish my studies and why I didn't work. I know I want to create my own business but before I need some save up money from a job or an hustle.

I don't want to look like a desperate guy but I know I want to CHANGE my life and stop all the BS I've told myself in the last years of my life. I want to start WINNING and stop losing.

I still feel like my mind worked against me so I couldn't be able to reach any goal yet.

Any advice? Is there anyone here that had the same experience like me in the past?

LaraJF, Baku85, Late Bloomer and 3 others like this.
  2. ANR

ANR Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane

Rep Bank:
    $254
    Hey Alexx

How long have you got left of your studies?

Just think: this is day one of the rest of your life. You want to make a change? You can from now on.

BUT...

It is easy to fall into the trap of ALWAYS chasing the next, ALWAYS trying to be more and ALWAYS feeling like your current situation is inadequate.

Have a look around you. By the sound of it you have great parents and you are in a first world country with access to the internet. You have ALREADY won two of the biggest lotteries.

Use feeling like a looser as FUEL but don't forget to be really f***ing grateful for even being in the position of having first world problems in the first place.

:)

ANR

3. jon.a

jon.a Legendary Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR

Rep Bank:
    $75,084
    A loser for a whole 3 years?
    Rookie.

You are in a good place here. Settle down. Settle in.
    Read a lot.

Kade, Roli, Dark Water and 26 others like this.
  4. luniac

luniac Gold Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $9,243
    Develop useful habits and ur life will change of its own accord.

5. lewj24

lewj24 Silver Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $4,831
    Made me laugh.

Dude it's time to become a bigger loser. Start reading nonfiction books. Stop hanging with friends who only want to drink and smoke. No buying that new car or those clothes you can't afford. Everyone's going to look at you and think you are the loser driving that 99 beater and wearing clothes from Goodwill.

In TMF MJ talked about how he had 2 business degrees while he had trouble dating, was working minimum wage jobs and all of his friends had nice cubicle jobs with salaries.

The real question is are you willing to be a loser to achieve your dreams?

Rodrickee, 1Ivanov1, LaraJF and 12 others like this.
  6. Alexx

Alexx Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $106
    Thanks man this is true. I'm "lucky" and I love my family.

The problem I'm not even at 40% of my studies and I need more and more time to finsh college.

So I must make a decision now : keep studying my a** off or dropout , get any job and save money for business.

I'm tired of being stuck, I have to make a decision, I know it 's not easy , but an entrereneur told me better make a decision than none.

Late Bloomer and Chris Lee like this.
  7. Alexx

Alexx Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $106
    Thanks for the encouragement.

8. Alexx

Alexx Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $106
    I have to stick to good habits. I don't have focus for anything neither for studying hard.
    Do you have any advice ? Is there any good App I can use to stick to my habits without losing focus?

I've tried to wake up at 6am everyday but I didn't stick.
    Sometimes I go to bed late, didn't do nothing at all in the day, lost motivation and keep being stuck. I'm tired of this that's why I must change.

9. Alexx

Alexx Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $106
    I undestand. Yes I will become a loser only to achieve my dreams!
    I must get into the right motivation, many days I lost motivation and I didn't do nothing. Being tired of this that's why I understood I must change my life.

10. Caroline888

Caroline888 Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED

Rep Bank:
    $165
    Alexx, You are aware of your situation and this is a great start... Do not give up.
    All the post above mine hold tons of great advice.
    Follow the Millionaire Fastlane and Unscripted principles.
    And instead of looking for way-out and quitting - just look for the way-in and create your own winning story.

11. Ninjakid

Ninjakid Platinum Contributor Speedway Pass

Some random planet, orbiting some random star
    Rep Bank:
    $7,525
    Stop doing the things which you hate yourself for, and never look back. Start only doing the things that winners do.

That's how I changed my own life. I thought I had to 'figure myself out" and wondered why I only kept going around in circles. My life changed when I put my ego and my expectations aside, and started doing the things I knew were good for me.

Strm, Dubidu, Drive2Riches and 3 others like this.
  12. AustinS28

AustinS28 Silver Contributor Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $4,167
    I’d stop referring to yourself as a loser.

13. Tiago

Tiago Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,238
    Why do you have to choose between one and the other?

We humans have this tendency of it's either option A or option B. What might happen to you if you choose the route of both A AND B?

Loving you,
    Tiago

Late Bloomer and Fastlane Liam like this.
  14. Tiago

Rep Bank:
    $1,238
    This. Words create reality. Speak highly of yourself.

Late Bloomer and Alexx like this.
  15. Gunther Herzog

Gunther Herzog Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED

Rep Bank:
    $483
    Dear Alex, First I welcome you to the legendary Fastlane forum. Please Introduce yourself here, I would love to hear more about your story. To register in this Forum, be active and contribute is a good first step from stop being a loser to becoming a successful person.

Stop giving the responsibility away and start taking responsibility! Stop being a victim.
    You messed it up. Harsh, yes. But if you are the problem, who is the solution?

YOU are the solution!
    In Other words: You have all the power.
    So stop being a poor little boy and start take action. Massive Action!

Do those three things and you will fly:

1.)EDUCATE yourself about success.
    Dive deep into self-help, personal-development literature and learn the necessary knowledge for your space. (Please only consume from authors with a high credility!)

2.)SURROUND yourself with LIKE MINDED PEOPLE.
    Jim Rohn said it best: <You are the average of the 5 people you spend your most time with>. Who are your big 5? Are they what you want to be?

3.)Take HUGE, RELENTLESS, MASSIVE ACTION.
    ... until you have reached your goals and dreams.
    Thats it. That is enough. Go now!
    Go make your dream a reality!

16. Alexx

Alexx Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $106
    Thanks!! I want to be a winner from this day!!

Late Bloomer likes this.
  17. Alexx

Alexx Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $106
    Thanks man! What do you mean? Like keep studying and working to save money while setting up a business?

18. Alexx

Alexx Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $106
    Thanks a lot!! This forum is god's send!

I have to make a decision and stick to it and be a winner, no more losing or being stuck.

19. Tiago

Rep Bank:
    $1,238
    I don't want to go and give you advice, because you're the expert in your own situation. I just want to present you the possibility of doing both, studying/working and also setting up a business. It doesn't have to be either/or, it can be both/and.

Fastlane Liam likes this.
  20. The-J

The-J Legendary Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $11,816
    Then start winning.

You know what would be a 'win'? Changing your major to something you want to study + finishing it with honors.

Another 'win': spending more time with people who have done what you want to do, rather than your friends who drink + party all the time. (Don't stop partying altogether, though)

Another 'win': reading the books that will get you closer to your goals.

Another 'win': helping someone out with something. Switching your mindset from 'taker' to 'giver'. 'Consumer' to 'producer'. Winners give generously.

Another 'win': forming a habit on the power of your discipline alone. Do you work out? If you don't, start doing that. Do you have a set time for yourself to read? If not, then set aside time specifically for reading. Do you wake up at the same time every day? If not, start doing that (doesn't have to be early, just consistent!)

Success begets success, and there are psychological reasons for it which I won't go into. If you win at enough things, in a row, then you start to believe that you can win at anything.

domi99, Caroline888, lewj24 and 5 others like this.
  21. Rafael_PL

Rafael_PL Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane

Rep Bank:
    $164
    You waste 3 years of your life, because of hanging out and you call yourself a loser? Do you want to read a story of a real loser? So, here it is.

Imagine a guy in his early 20's who has depression and social anxiety (yes, something like this really exsists). Someone who has literally no friends, no sexual experience and no job. He is even not able to go out to drink beer with friends.

This short story is an image of me two years ago. Thinking about suicide. Right now I'm 24, and I'm at second year of computer science. Working as software developer in big company, start my own web business. Have a lot of friends.

Stop fuc***g complaining man and take massive action to change your situation. Do what you can do right now to finish your studies. Find purpose.

Be conscious that, there might be someone who event doesn't have what you have. You know, how many tries I need to go out for the first time with someone? 87 man. I need ask other people 87 times until I've heard "yes".

One more time, stop complaining, find motivation and work hard as hell.

Last edited: May 7, 2018
  22. luniac

luniac Gold Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $9,243
    I've struggled myself with sticking to good habits and avoiding distractions.
    best I can say is take it one habit at a time, and slow down ur life a bit, physically and mentally.

23. Alexx

Alexx Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $106
    THanks for the gold advices!

The major 's problem is that I feel like I'm still undecided of what to do next.

I don't want to dissapoint my family, they paid for my studies and I want to help them in return!!

Don't know if it's better to finish (I've realized I'm hating my degree now) or switch to something better ( parents won't help me they will be dissapointed with me).

That's why it's so important now for me to stick to one path. Do or not do.

24. Alexx

Alexx Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $106
    That's motivating man!

How did you find again your main purpose? I feel lost, actually I'm studying the same like you but it's so confusing.

I don't want to give up because the studies are hard, but I feel like I hate my degree and don't have the motivation to keep studying hard.

25. Rafael_PL

Rafael_PL Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane

Rep Bank:
    $164
    That was easy, just wanted to change my current situation. I see every other and they have normal life. I asked myself: "Why you can't do this same?". Found resources like YT videos by Owen from RSD (really appreciate his content) or books e.g. How to Win Friends and Influence People by Dale Carnegie. Then execute.

If you don't interested in studies and you think that you can do what you want without them - just do it.

LaraJF likes this.