The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Just an Intro and a couple questions

Andrew McDermott

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
107%
Apr 17, 2018
I am relatively new to the forum and to the best of my knowledge have never posted. I’ve read both books and reread Unscripted a couple of times to fully understand everything and remind myself that I’m on a good path.

After being in the military and then committing suicide (I really did, threw my car into an underpass column at 75mph) I realized I had lived for a reason. I have since been on a journey trying to find the best ways to add value to the people around me and create something good for the world.

Both my parents lived a somewhat scripted life (both cartographers and worked national security) and my mom still does to an extent. Dad (studied ai), took off to the Philippines and hasn’t been heard from. I’m in college still, studying Healthcare Management and business in general. During my time at university I have been involved in building a veteran organization, helping build their cyber security program and executive MBA, founding an angel investment network with a focus on bringing together ventures with capital (Entrepreneur in Residence is our advisor, ie says he’s never held a “real job” either..built multiple companies, advisor to chairman of Shazam, babbel, etc) so overall I believe I’ve had great mentors and want to give that to others.

I’m still on my entrepreneurial path, still have ideas on companies I want to and will build. I sometimes mistrust the “control” aspect of the venture..example being I’ve gotten involved in some startups that I didn’t found, just joined the team (granted equity, I was just lazy and haven’t gotten a lawyer yet).

One is an AI company focused on digital risk, MeasuredRisk.com if you want to check it out...another, most recent is one called Cyyon..the founder is a former IBM guy circa 1960s IBM (PDL, Senior Mgmt, csuit), entrepreneur, worked on Watson, basically helped build the current Internet we have now and is Amazon Echos patent holder...has come up with a new mobile-based architectural platform.

I see it as a game changer able to create new economies and completely alter the way the world can be. I’m focused on fixing medicine. I worry sometimes that this is still living a “scripted” life...am I really doing the right thing? I’m not stopping though lol. I can’t, it’s like I’m being drawn down this path and can’t F*cking stop lmao. Not sure what exactly will happen but I know where I want to end up. I have sometimes this fear that I haven’t learned enough to compete or maintain my position with these guys. Just wanted to vent on here a bit and tell y’all that I’ve been up to lately.

Thanks again MJ. Hope you’re doing well. @MJ DeMarco

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Welcome Andrew, appreciate the intro.

The larger question, as opposed to "am I Scripted" is are you happy? If you can be happy in the process (mostly, some processes aren't fun) it's the right path.

Andrew McDermott

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
107%
Apr 17, 2018
Welcome Andrew, appreciate the intro.

The larger question, as opposed to "am I Scripted" is are you happy? If you can be happy in the process (mostly, some processes aren't fun) it's the right path.

I think I’m just having growing pains...learning to deal with life and love how it is. Having good conversations with people who understand really helps. @MJ DeMarco

Andrew McDermott

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
107%
Apr 17, 2018
I think I’m just having growing pains...learning to deal with life and love how it is. Having good conversations with people who understand really helps. @MJ DeMarco
Also, yes. I feel incredibly happy, even with set backs and certain times of feeling down, I push through. Ill be posting on here more as time goes on.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...