The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Journey to unscripted land

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

MB2

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
137%
Sep 20, 2016
A Tiny island down the ocean (Ceylon)
Hey @MB2

I really enjoyed your thread. You can be proud of yourself for taking such consistent action. Also I'm impressed by your ability and willingness to incorporate in such complex matter without any feedback from customers. Furthermore it is a good thought to already build a potential customer base by creating and optaining the Facebook group.

In the next paragraph I will share with you some thoughts which came to my mind reading your thread. At first I will remind you of MJs guideline from Unscripted :

x To be able to launch as quickly as possible you should follow the QUICKEST and cheapest path to your first customer

I have the feeling you are trying to build your perfect product. But YOU CAN NOT PREDICT THE MARKETMIND. Build the simplest product possibly which provides enough value to attract customers. But not more. You will add and adjust as described in Unscripted after you have engaged with the marketmind. It will guide you how you should develop your product.

So maybe simplify your product to launch it as fast as possible.

Keep up the good work and stay tuned!

Really appreciate your reply.

Yes you are right. I must release it as quickest as possible. By the end of this year I'll have brought it into the life. Lately I've been little sapped out with enough fire to carry on this. My mind was playing on me. I was just dragging it on.

Anyhow, it's time to go deep in.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MB2

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
137%
Sep 20, 2016
3 months have gone by since the last postings.

So, what have I been doing during those three months?

- My momentum got hampered bit.
- Still learning and trying to tinker the prototype. Along with that, I am building the community up there in my facebook group
- I'm kinda lost in the forest of technology stacks. But, I've decided to build a web app.
- For the most part of this three months, 2/3 of the duration, I wasn't quite upto the level I should be.

Good :
- Broke my action faking
- Started being a true fastlaner, one who adds value. Well, I did it in freelancing!

Bad:
- Wasted few weeks without really doing anything towards the Fastlane venture. Spent too much time on freelancing and thinking about this.

Plan:

Within next 6 months, I'm going to build this prototype and see how the market-mind reacts. Gotta get some feedback. Freelancing will also be done in the background as the side hustle.

Until, then it's building it.

Long way to go and there's no looking back.

MB2

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
137%
Sep 20, 2016
3 months have gone by from my last update.

What have I done?

1. Increased the count in my FB group created specifically to interact with the potential customers.
  2. Designed a rough prototype.
  3. Learnt few other programming stuffs

Mistakes:
  1. Started searching for a shortcut, which prevented me from taking actions.
  2. Made simple things complex.

Lessons Learnt:
  1. Do something, even if it isn't the right thing.
  2. You only have the next step.
  3. I should've started building some small websites apps earlier the year. But I had made things complex and wanted to right away build a big gigiantic software all at once.
  4. F**k fear and all other bullsh*t. Go ahead and make it happen.

Plan:

1. Finishing a some form of prototype and getting feedback from the marketmind.
  2. More value-vouchers through freelancing!

Direction is only up and onwards.

MB2

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
137%
Sep 20, 2016
Still building it while doing some hustle in freelancing.

I will make this happen within this year.

2020 is my winning year. It's the year that I will change everything for me and many more people.

Must not avoid the pain. Must not look for instant gratification. Must master my emotions as well.

PapaGang

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
256%
Jul 10, 2019
Milwaukee, WI
Four months ago, I never knew what true programming really was. Sure I've dabbled around HTML and CSS and I know them more than what I know in other languages. But until recently I've never truly done any proper programming. In last year also, I wanted to learn C thus learn fundamentals of programming; but, I stopped doing it.

Once you learn C, you can grasp any other language, well, at least for me! In addition to that, I wanted to be really good at fundamentals of programming.

Before you drive, you gotta know what all those components in your car do. So that's why I chose C. C really teaches you what's going underneath the shell.

As for this prototype, I'll do it in Java because I will do it for android native environment first as most of my users will be using android. But later I could go for ios and other platforms.
You're headed in the right direction, you're doing the hard work. Learning C is difficult. Building meaningful prototypes is difficult.

Don't get discouraged. Work your plan, and document the progress, as well as results. You'll have something meaningful in short order.

Jim Rohn said - "We must all suffer one of two things: the pain of discipline or the pain of regret & disappointment."

The work is the reward. Remember that.

Glad you are doing this and documenting it. Good luck.

MB2

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
137%
Sep 20, 2016
Thank You

I will work my plan and document my progress.

I will take intense-consistent actions.

2020 is my year.

MB2

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
137%
Sep 20, 2016
Design is implemented.

Front-end is done.

Backend logic has to be completed.

Last edited:

MB2

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
137%
Sep 20, 2016
The backed server is up and running.

Basic functionalities are implemented.

More to be done; both backend and front-end logic.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.