Hi all,
As stated in my Introduction thread, I am currently in the process of steering off the Slowlane and trying to eventually find my way onto the Fastlane.
Introduction thread found here: Introduction - Sales, sales, SALES!
I am creating this Progress thread for a couple of reasons. First, I read a recent posting about getting the most value from the forum is a game of give and take. No rep dollars on the forum probably equals few Fastlane dollars in real life. Therefore, I want to take a more active and interactive role on this site. Secondly, I want a place where I can be held accountable for the action I am taking towards my Fastlane goals. It's one thing to daydream about the eventual event of being wealthy through entrepreneurship, it is a completely different thing all together about documenting the day to day grind of the process. And thirdly, maybe someone reading this thread will gain some kind of value in watching a real life example of joining the Fastlane from the ground level.
In order to document this journey properly, a baseline must be established. So here goes...
The Baseline (What has been done to this point?)
I currently work in corporate sales, so I have a decent grasp of the fundamentals and process of selling. However, as far as online entrepreneurship, eCommerce, importing & exporting, etc. goes I am still a sponge and learning as much as possible. My process for learning thus far has been to read all related threads on the Forum (both public and INSIDERS). I do not want to fall into the trap of just reading/learning so have taken some action as well.
As mentioned in my Intro thread, a friend and I have built a number of sites for personal contacts. Web development is a very competitive space to be in, and although creating these sites has been beneficial to learning, I don't think I will pursue scaling this option. Kudos to anyone on the forum that has made a successful business on this path - I hope Web.com buys you out one day and you can cruise off into the sunset!
After building a couple sites for others, I ventured into setting up a Shopify store using Oberlo for dropshipping. Although this form of eCommerce really intrigues me still, the barrier to entry on this set-up in almost nonexistent. The result was having to shut down the site because 2 month order fulfillment of mediocre products was unacceptable in my eyes. All customers from the site were properly taken care of before shutting it down. Again the obvious fact that a real need must be met in order to have a healthy, long-term business was demonstrated.
What is coming up?
Going to dive back in to the Amazon and eCommerce threads, find a niche where products need improvement, add real value to those customers by improving the products, create a brand surrounding those products, and build engagement with those customers.
It will take time and some investment money to get this off the ground. But I am determined to make this the year of breaking into the Fastlane.
Thank you for reading, please provide any feedback.
I hope you check back in.
-Harbourmaster
"Even the greatest was once a beginner. Don't be afraid to take that first step." - Muhammad Ali
As stated in my Introduction thread, I am currently in the process of steering off the Slowlane and trying to eventually find my way onto the Fastlane.
Introduction thread found here: Introduction - Sales, sales, SALES!
I am creating this Progress thread for a couple of reasons. First, I read a recent posting about getting the most value from the forum is a game of give and take. No rep dollars on the forum probably equals few Fastlane dollars in real life. Therefore, I want to take a more active and interactive role on this site. Secondly, I want a place where I can be held accountable for the action I am taking towards my Fastlane goals. It's one thing to daydream about the eventual event of being wealthy through entrepreneurship, it is a completely different thing all together about documenting the day to day grind of the process. And thirdly, maybe someone reading this thread will gain some kind of value in watching a real life example of joining the Fastlane from the ground level.
In order to document this journey properly, a baseline must be established. So here goes...
The Baseline (What has been done to this point?)
I currently work in corporate sales, so I have a decent grasp of the fundamentals and process of selling. However, as far as online entrepreneurship, eCommerce, importing & exporting, etc. goes I am still a sponge and learning as much as possible. My process for learning thus far has been to read all related threads on the Forum (both public and INSIDERS). I do not want to fall into the trap of just reading/learning so have taken some action as well.
As mentioned in my Intro thread, a friend and I have built a number of sites for personal contacts. Web development is a very competitive space to be in, and although creating these sites has been beneficial to learning, I don't think I will pursue scaling this option. Kudos to anyone on the forum that has made a successful business on this path - I hope Web.com buys you out one day and you can cruise off into the sunset!
After building a couple sites for others, I ventured into setting up a Shopify store using Oberlo for dropshipping. Although this form of eCommerce really intrigues me still, the barrier to entry on this set-up in almost nonexistent. The result was having to shut down the site because 2 month order fulfillment of mediocre products was unacceptable in my eyes. All customers from the site were properly taken care of before shutting it down. Again the obvious fact that a real need must be met in order to have a healthy, long-term business was demonstrated.
What is coming up?
Going to dive back in to the Amazon and eCommerce threads, find a niche where products need improvement, add real value to those customers by improving the products, create a brand surrounding those products, and build engagement with those customers.
It will take time and some investment money to get this off the ground. But I am determined to make this the year of breaking into the Fastlane.
Thank you for reading, please provide any feedback.
I hope you check back in.
-Harbourmaster
"Even the greatest was once a beginner. Don't be afraid to take that first step." - Muhammad Ali
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Last edited:
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

