The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Journey from 40k debt to freedom

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

Ashten

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
128%
May 30, 2014
San Diego, CA
16 minutes ago I turned 23. For the first few minutes I felt depressed, wallowing in the shittyness of the current situation.

But then I remembered. My thoughts mould my reality. I have the power to decide how I react to any given set of circumstances. Just because I haven't reached my goals by 23 doesn't mean shit - MJ didn't get it till late twenties and look at him. There's plenty more who don't get there till much much later. I know that I will never give up, simple as that.

This is my birthday gift to you - my favourite inspiration youtube of all time
Listen mate - it all happens for a reason. The best is yet to come. Keep that attitude (attitude is everything) and watch what happens. Never, I repeat, NEVER judge yourself by where you are right now, thats a vicious cycle that nobody wants but everybody does it. Be happy with where you are, be grateful that you're still alive another year to make a magnificent life. Your future is dependent on the way you think right now.

Also - the best way I've always perceived life in bad situations is I know that this is addition to your story, how cool it is to tell the story later on about how I was at the bottom of the bottom & still ended up coming back at top.

I learned from the big bad of wallstreet, his story is a great asset, his story has actually made him 100's of millions of dollars after losing it all, he had a reality check, reprogrammed his beliefs and used his awesome skills to go for what he was good at: Train other sales people. That dude was down and out but the story can only provide value if theres a comeback from losing it all. Give your story a come-back. No time to be sad, you got too much to be excited about wtf?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

leveragehacker

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
111%
Jun 28, 2014
Sydney, Australia
Had a spontaneous surprise trip to Melbourne for my birthday but back now and had another crack today in my lunchbreak.

• Called 5 target customers - each from a different industry to test feedback
  • Tried a new pricing tactic on the feedback from someone in this forum. Now selling a $97 service.
  • 2 were voicemails, 1 wasn't relevant, got to pitch 2.
  • on the 2 that i pitched I came SUPER close to closing the 2nd one. Even when he said 'no-not interested' i'd throw in another line that made him stop and reconsider.
From this I can tell that if I polish up my script and throw in some more techniques like a gaurantee, crediblity, price anchoring, sense of urgency, etc then I know I will close one. Considering these calls took less than 15 mins to make I'm confident that I can get this to the point where I am making at least 1 sale per hour.

If I can hit that point of having the right script and value proposition and start converting more calls then it will be time to hire some sales reps and scale this baby up!

What I'm struggling most with at the moment is mustering up the willpower to do the cold-calls. I used to make over 100 cold calls a day for funeral and life insurance, blergh - doesn't give me good feelings in the stomach lol.

Curious if anyone has some tips around cold calling and telemarketing in terms of being able to do large volumes of high converting cold calls.

LTL

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
41%
Jul 16, 2012
Had a spontaneous surprise trip to Melbourne for my birthday but back now and had another crack today in my lunchbreak.

• Called 5 target customers - each from a different industry to test feedback
  • Tried a new pricing tactic on the feedback from someone in this forum. Now selling a $97 service.
  • 2 were voicemails, 1 wasn't relevant, got to pitch 2.
  • on the 2 that i pitched I came SUPER close to closing the 2nd one. Even when he said 'no-not interested' i'd throw in another line that made him stop and reconsider.
From this I can tell that if I polish up my script and throw in some more techniques like a gaurantee, crediblity, price anchoring, sense of urgency, etc then I know I will close one. Considering these calls took less than 15 mins to make I'm confident that I can get this to the point where I am making at least 1 sale per hour.

If I can hit that point of having the right script and value proposition and start converting more calls then it will be time to hire some sales reps and scale this baby up!

What I'm struggling most with at the moment is mustering up the willpower to do the cold-calls. I used to make over 100 cold calls a day for funeral and life insurance, blergh - doesn't give me good feelings in the stomach lol.

Curious if anyone has some tips around cold calling and telemarketing in terms of being able to do large volumes of high converting cold calls.

any updates on this ? i'd certainly love to hear more about it

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.