The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Jordan Peterson's Future Authoring program helped me achieve (literally) everything I wanted.

c4n

Full throttle
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
265%
May 30, 2017
P.s.: for anyone else wondering in what order to do the program, here's a quote from the FAQ:

Our users each have their own experiences, circumstances, and needs. Some people benefit from doing the Past Authoring exercise first. One approach is to do the Present Authoring Faults exercise first, to sharpen your sense of self criticism, the Future Authoring exercise next, to formulate a plan, then the Present Authoring Virtues exercise, to think about capitalizing on your strengths, and finally the Past Authoring exercise. However, if you have significant issues in your past that are still causing you some trouble, you might consider starting with the Past Authoring exercise. You should do it in the order that you think will benefit you the most.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

ChrisV

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
May 10, 2015
Islands of Calleja

poseidn

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
159%
Aug 1, 2016
+1 for future authoring

Whenever i'm falling off or in a mini-rut/demotivated - i spend a few hours sketching out my perfect future and future to avoid.

Never ceases to get me going.. Combine that with visualisation (real visualisation, vividly imagining BOTH perfect future and worst case future - so much that you can feel the ground, smell the air etc etc) and you've got a winning combo.

ChrisV

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
May 10, 2015
Islands of Calleja

ADR

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
81%
Jul 23, 2016
Miami, FL
I've been meaning to post this for like... 3 months now, but havent. I wrote this post like 4 times, but I kept saving it in various text editors and it got lost a bunch of times.

So Jordan Peterson has this course called Self-Authoring.

NPR: The Writing Assignment That Changes Lives

It's like 14 or 36 bucks (i forget) and it will be the best money you've ever spent. It's exactly what it's title implies... you become the author of your self. Literally. Like writing a book. It's almost like The Law of Attraction, except it's not bullshit. Just search "Future authoring" or "Self Authoring review" on YouTube. There are a million videos of the things people have achieved with it. It really works and there are multiple studies on it's efficacy which I'll link to later . It's broken into different sections. Past Authoring is where you face any past demons. Self-Authoring is where you capitalize on your strengths and mitigate your weaknesses. Future-Authoring has you plan out your ideal future.

My demons have been dead for a long time, so that part didn't take long, but the Future Authoring? Holy shit. He has you list every goal you have and then uses some psychological voodoo to turn you into a veritable goal seeking machine. I went back and looked at what I wrote down a few months ago and realize that I had achieved everything that I put on the list. I literally had to go back and do it over again with new stuff because I had already finished everything on the list. Now it's just part of my standard repertoire.

How it came about was, he used to have these personality tests for companies to hire better employees. They were really effective, but the companies asked him "these work really well, but what can we do to make the employees we already have perform better." He didn't know at the time, but the question stuck with him. He started researching and came up with an early version of what would become the Self-Authoring Suite.

It's hard to explain how it works but think of your brain like a heat-seaking missile. It locks on the target and fires. It sets up your emotional goal-seeking system to just do whatever you have to achieve whatever it is you add.

I'll give a dumb example. I added bigger stuff than this, but it's the example that I added. But I don't want this example to make it seem like you can only add small shit. There are examples all over the net of people tripling their income, so again, it's not just for small stuff. The most clear example I have that illustrates how it works is I wrote down that I wanted to be neater. I had a bad habit on leaving shit everywhere, and I wrote that I wanted to be neater. It immediately makes you conscious of the shit you leave around and want to fix it. Literally the next day after writing that I started cleaning everything. It's like now that you have that goal in your head you're driven to take steps to fix it. Again, this same thing works with much bigger goals too. I mean I don't like to post too much about my personal life on here, but I've really done basically everything I wanted. I'm very happy with my professional life, my romantic life, my social life, etc.

This post was longer, but since losing it a few times I'm kind of jaded at the idea of writing it again. I'll add stuff as I think of it.

Here's JP talking about it:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RoGdMpdZXzs

Here's a few links to actual controlled trials they've done on it:

Self Authoring - Research
I have it and have not finished it but it's definitely worth it so far. I bought it to organize my past and basically outline my life story. Hopefully in the process I find something new about myself or learn something.

PapaGang

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
256%
Jul 10, 2019
Milwaukee, WI
I finished this a year ago and it helped me. JP's program is really great.

Actually, I found that writing in general has staved off depression, kept me centered, helped me work out problems more efficiently, and achieve more. Just writing. Every day. It's important to keep an account of my activities.

Also, for those looking for more content and activities for living with more awareness, you should check out "The art of living consciously" by Nathaniel Branden. There are several writing exercises in the book that I believe are very powerful. They are sentence stem type of exercises where he starts a sentence and you provide several options to finish the sentence, in rapid succession, without thinking too much. You then go back over it the next day and look for insights and clues. Also, I believe the repetition of these exercises over months literally rewires your thinking patterns and transforms your thoughts, attitudes and actions.

That book helped change my business life, my personal life, and my bank account.

Last edited:
G

Guest-5ty5s4

I finished this a year ago and it helped me. JP's program is really great.

Actually, I found that writing in general has staved off depression, kept me centered, helped me work out problems more efficiently, and achieve more. Just writing. Every day. It's important to keep an account of my activities.

Also, for those looking for more content and activities for living with more awareness, you should check out "The art of living consciously" by Nathaniel Branden. There are several writing exercises in the book that I believe are very powerful.

That book helped change my business life, my personal life, and my bank account.
Nathaniel Branden is a great author.

Sometimes his philosophy can be confusing, but I found 6 Pillars of Self Esteem to be a damn good book.

PapaGang

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
256%
Jul 10, 2019
Milwaukee, WI
Nathaniel Branden is a great author.

Sometimes his philosophy can be confusing, but I found 6 Pillars of Self Esteem to be a damn good book.
I haven't read that one, but the art of living consciously was very illuminating to me. As the kids now say, "it slaps."

Logan P

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
135%
Dec 6, 2017
New England
Looming forward to this program. Agree with Chris that for $30 it’s worth the investment even if we can only get one thing out of it. Worst case, it’s $30. If you’re sweating $30, you’ve got bigger problems than $30.

@ChrisV What does IFS stand for, if you don’t mind me asking? I’m close to having Speedway access, and I’m not quite there yet though. Tried to do some due diligence and Google doesn’t render any potentially applicable ideas or results either

Martin.G

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
107%
Jan 31, 2019
Argentina
Looming forward to this program. Agree with Chris that for $30 it’s worth the investment even if we can only get one thing out of it. Worst case, it’s $30. If you’re sweating $30, you’ve got bigger problems than $30.

@ChrisV What does IFS stand for, if you don’t mind me asking? I’m close to having Speedway access, and I’m not quite there yet though. Tried to do some due diligence and Google doesn’t render any potentially applicable ideas or results either

The worst part is that there is an offer that for the same money you can buy it for you and a friend, so you also could pay $15... It's absurdly cheap.

Logan P

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
135%
Dec 6, 2017
New England
Oh absolute. I was a bit confused initially when i saw the 2-for-1 deal at the same price for an individual access, so, of course, I did the deal and will gift the second access to someone who will value it and use it! Everyone wins with this right now lol!

Martin.G

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
107%
Jan 31, 2019
Argentina
I've finished "Future Authoring" program, that it's the one that interested me the most. I've been writing goals since two year at least, but this program is different.

First, you have to write other things beside the goals. You need to think about why is it important, obstacles and a detailed plan to archive.

Second, there are a lot of question related with the exercises and the explanation why you do it in that way. That's great, because it enriches the process.

Now it's time to work, I'm going to see if the program it's really gold or not. But at least, is a great improvement from what I've been doing.

Speed112

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
284%
Dec 5, 2013
Over here, over there.
I just pulled a trigger on this. I've already got a good handle on these processes and have my own method of self-reflection and dealing with my past and my future, but another perspective in an organized/progressive fashion should be useful.

But more importantly, I posted in another thread that had I not moved out I'd still be stuck suffering with my dad. He's still stuck in the past, unable to move on, and his progress is super slow despite my attempts to help. He hasn't gone to the process to discover these things and overcome his roadblocks. He shouldn't be suffering.

But he doesn't trust me enough to listen, because I'm his kid... maybe he'll trust a world-renowned PhD Psychologist enough to take a little bit of action and get his mind in a better place.

I'll press him to go through this.

Will keep you posted.

metallon

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
266%
Oct 13, 2020
Salem, India
He's still stuck in the past, unable to move on, and his progress is super slow despite my attempts to help. He hasn't gone to the process to discover these things and overcome his roadblocks.

This is something I can relate to. I did past authoring program and it helped me to clear out my unsolved and unconscious emotions that I had been carrying with me since my childhood. I literally became a new person after doing the past authoring program. It was like a snake coming out of its old skin. Although I haven't put the necessary effort on present and future authoring. I'm going to redo it and update here.

Harman

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
261%
Mar 5, 2021
Mesa, Arizona
I purchased the program about 6 months ago and only got through digging through my own demons. So I never finished the whole program. You've inspired me to crack it back open though!

I've been a huge fan of JP since I discovered him about a year ago. Glad his health is on the up-n-up!

NewManRising

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
147%
Oct 30, 2017
Los Angeles
I'm having a hard time justifying the cost. How is this any different than buying a $1 notebook and writing out a journal?

Sirrom

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
365%
Dec 5, 2020
I'm having a hard time justifying the cost. How is this any different than buying a $1 notebook and writing out a journal?
Don’t worry about the costs

Worry about how you could get the most out of it.

Trust me. Just buy it.

woken

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
145%
Mar 24, 2021
London, UK
Hey @woken

Consider this your Christmas gift.
Have a blessed day !

NewManRising

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
147%
Oct 30, 2017
Los Angeles
How is it different from writing a journal in a notebook? Seems pointless since most people already journal with a pen a notepad. Why spend $30 on that? Not to mention, your data is probably being spied on.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.