The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Joined a co-working place

Topics relating to managing people and relationships

dknise

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
Aug 29, 2012
North Bend, WA
Hey guys!

I haven't really posted in the last week because... I've been busy! I met a guy at a meetup who invited me to come stop by a co-working startup incubator. Turns out... it's just my style. Just South of 520 in Bellevue, WA, about 2 blocks from where I used to work at Microsoft, half the guys are ex-Microsoft. Everyone has a tech based business and more than 90% are programmers. It's a really cool environment.

I had been going to this place called Thinkspace in Redmond, WA, but the monthly fee was $425 which I thought was steep for what you get. It was in a very nice office building, but it was a lot of stuff that quite frankly, I didn't need.

The place I joined is only $50 a month! YES, $50 a month and I got a key to the building. That's where I spent my Saturday and Sunday, and am now there about 12 hours a day. It's literally just a front office with a big open warehouse with scattered desks they picked up for free and cheap office chairs. No frills, just exactly what we need.

It's really helped my focus. If any of you are sitting at home alone working on your business, I highly suggest joining one of these places. The knowledge and experience from the other members is invaluable. There are also less distractions in that the environment is very productivity motivated.

Thanks,
DK

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

nation

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
47%
Oct 2, 2012
I've considered it.

My main job is stay-at-home-dad of three very young kids & my wife works 24 hour shifts. The idea is that I should have blocks of time to work when she is at home (because she is at work 6 to 8 shifts per month) ... but that does not seem to happen.

I guess I should look around my area a little more.

VIP

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
64%
Oct 19, 2012
San Diego
Sounds like a good idea to start if this service isnt available in your area. DK was the service $50 month to month or did you have to prepay for a certain amount of months. Also what services are included for $50/monthly.

Thanks

dknise

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
Aug 29, 2012
North Bend, WA
Sounds like a good idea to start if this service isnt available in your area. DK was the service $50 month to month or did you have to prepay for a certain amount of months. Also what services are included for $50/monthly.

Thanks
It's a bare bones incubator that's not for profit, but for community. It covers the cost of rent, utilities, and high speed internet, but the real value of the place is free, which is the people.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

PatrickP

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
76%
Mar 16, 2012
There are a few incubators here for free run by the local govts.

One of the requirements is a VERY detailed 5 year business plan. You also have to take their classes for a YEAR before they tell you if you are accepted into the incubators and can get a free office lol

leono

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
81%
Apr 12, 2012
I've considered it.

My main job is stay-at-home-dad of three very young kids & my wife works 24 hour shifts. The idea is that I should have blocks of time to work when she is at home (because she is at work 6 to 8 shifts per month) ... but that does not seem to happen.

I guess I should look around my area a little more.

Do your children have some sort of routine set up yet? Perhaps, you could try tracking your day-to-day life for a week or so to see where your time is going because what I found is I, personally, waste of whole lot of time doing absolutely nothing (socializing, wandering around the internet, etc.), but then still feel extremely busy and wonder where all the time went.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.