The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Jimmy here! Graphic designer and founder of 10 site network.

Jimmy Fuentes

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Jan 25, 2011
Hi guys im Jimmy Fuentes, founder of justfortheculture.com a network of 10 sites total. I just turned 20 and finishing up my Graphic design major. Here to learn, get feed back, and help as much as i can.

These are my sites btw.

Just For The Culture
Inspirational love quotes & more | Mused OUT
Curated Crates
Sneak Bid
Dettagliate
Strictly Jdm
Bake Skate
Kidneur
Supremus Intentio
Vinylless

Still developing most of them so bare with me :D... would love some feed back though.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Icy

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
11%
Feb 16, 2009
Albeit I'm not on the fastest connection right now, 2min+ for the first and still loading... Definitely need to figure that out that is wayto long for just about any connection..

kaboom713

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Jan 18, 2011
Minnesota
First thing I noticed is that all the sites are very slow to load, I gave up on some of the sites after about 10 seconds. Once I did get to the sites I really had no idea what they were about. I would recommend at least a paragraph up front explaining the site. Don't make the user go searching for an explanation.

Jimmy Fuentes

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Jan 25, 2011
Albeit I'm not on the fastest connection right now, 2min+ for the first and still loading... Definitely need to figure that out that is wayto long for just about any connection..

2 minutes? o_O? I dont know what type of connection but on my cell phone it takes less than 30 seconds.

as far as the "WHAT IS IT ABOUT?" i understand. I'm actually planning on switching the home page soon to accommodate all that on the main site, plus emphasizing on the social network/forum.

As far as the other sites i do need to figure a way to do such.

Redshft

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
4%
Nov 5, 2007
Greenville, NC
Welcome to the site. I'm a video producer/editor/director by formal training, but my experience with motion graphics has led me into teaching myself graphic design as well.

I also noticed slow loading times with a couple of the sites. They look good, but load slow.

I take it they are all blogs?

D

DeletedUser394

Welcome to the forum :)

I tried opening the first one, it proceeded to freeze my computer, and when I tried to abort, it closed all my open applications.

Jimmy Fuentes

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Jan 25, 2011
Welcome to the site. I'm a video producer/editor/director by formal training, but my experience with motion graphics has led me into teaching myself graphic design as well.

I also noticed slow loading times with a couple of the sites. They look good, but load slow.

I take it they are all blogs?

Kinda. For now yes.

but just for the culture publishes a seasonal magazine. Vinylless will be a sticker design contest. and couple other things. They all have their unique concept but just introducing all the brands through blogging.

AND frozen computer @_@ what the heck. I dont even understand why it loads slow. Theres just a background image and logo. the rest is css. Other than the post of course. maybe its because the last 6 post are videos.

andviv

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jul 27, 2007
Washington DC
Hola Jimmy!

Welcome to the forum.

I think it is pretty cool young guys like you join, and are willing to share their projects and be open to get feedback and criticism in order to improve. I wish I had that opportunity when I was that age.

So, what are your plans with these sites?

I checked a few of them. In general, pretty cool graphics.

If you want feedback from the community, I'd recommend you start with talking about the business idea behind just one the sites, and see where that takes you.... there is no way you can get valuable info for all the sites at once.

Welcome again.

Jimmy Fuentes

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Jan 25, 2011
Hola Jimmy!

Welcome to the forum.

I think it is pretty cool young guys like you join, and are willing to share their projects and be open to get feedback and criticism in order to improve. I wish I had that opportunity when I was that age.

So, what are your plans with these sites?

I checked a few of them. In general, pretty cool graphics.

If you want feedback from the community, I'd recommend you start with talking about the business idea behind just one the sites, and see where that takes you.... there is no way you can get valuable info for all the sites at once.

Welcome again.

I agree. Its just that im always skeptical about posting too much info. Mods tend to delete such treads.

but in a nutshell. justfortheculture.com its a site about Cultures influenced by urban culture. So not only we cover music, fashion, but we go beyond the obvious to imports, inspiration, business, graphic design, ect. We have a site for each subculture. 10 total. They are all connected with a social network similar to facebook. Also has a forum. Plus we publish a seasonal magazine where each site has its own section representing the culture.

Jimmy Fuentes

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Jan 25, 2011
Alright... So made some changes ... Still got a lot to fix but I think I'm getting there as far as the user understanding what the site(network) is about... Visit justfortheculture.com and you'll see how I layed out the home page

Trent

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
16%
Jul 9, 2008
China
Just tried it...Loaded super fast. Looks sharp, too. I understand the 'what' and 'why', but I am a little curious about the 'who' of your target market.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...