What's new

JAX Burgers - My little review of someone's attempt at fastlane.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 39,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block.

Z5 FILMS

New Contributor
LEGACY MEMBER
Joined
Aug 13, 2007
Messages
461
Location
The Woodlands, TX
Rep Bank
$565
User Power: 18%
Lately for whatever reason I have been craving these "trendy" burger franchises like 5 Guys Burgers and Smashburger. I kept hearing how good they are, but never really had the chance to try them because the locations are not close to me. They seem to be the new "Subway" and popping up everywhere.

Anyways, last week I got to try 5 Guys. Pretty good, fresh toppings and fresh cut homemade style fries which I like. The place was pretty packed. Then the other day I drove out of my way to try Smashburger. Thumbs down for Smashburger. It was very average, and the fries were obviously cheap frozen type. Tasted just like Sonic and Dairy Queen fries. Gross. I would never go there again. Not like all greasy burgers and fries are not, but some times you just have to live a little and sometimes they just hit the spot.

OK, so I got to try them and got that out of my system. But I was left wondering why none of these burger places had a location near my house. I live in a huge master planed community in Houston of just over 100,000. My area has everything. Huge mall, all the trendy shops and every store you can think of in my area. But no SmashBurger or 5 Guys or anything like it. I had to drive 20+ miles to odd parts of town to get find them. "Oh well" I thought. No biggie. Then today I was driving down a road in the back of my area 5 minutes from my house and saw a new place opened called JAX Burgers. "Ahhh" I thought. Someone has opened their own "trendy" burger joint or it's a new franchise. So I stopped in to try it so I could see what the scoop is.

I walk in and I can tell it's not a franchise. A new franchise would have everything brand spanking new, 20 more employees working than is needed behind the counter and a manager there to kiss my butt the minute I walked in. Not this place. I walk in, it's somewhat busy, there's nobody behind the counter and there's a 5 year old kid crawling on the counter next to the cash register. It's obviously a mom and pop operation. Being a new place, and they are somewhat busy and nobody to take my order I just took the time to look over the menu and take a picture of the kid crawling on the counter. So a lady eventually comes to take my order, she's looks to be in her late 40's and I'm guessing she must be the proprietor, and the kids crawling on the floor and the counter must be her kids. She takes my order and I sit down and notice a website URL on the wall so I check out the website on my iPhone. I notice that this is the 3rd location. Interesting. As I sit there waiting someone asks the lady how she came up with the name "JAX" She points to the two kids crawling on the floor and says it's named after her two sons "Jake" and "Max". Ah...so she is an owner. Interesting. So I thought it was cool that this lady is making an attempt to tap into the fastlane and start her own burger chain. Well done. She's doing a good job. The prices were similar to 5 Guys and Smashburger, her burgers and fries were just as good or better, and her costs were obviously WAY lower than what she would have paid if she bought some franchises. Her buildout was very simple and cheap but seemed to work. Very minimal. My only gripe was she did not replace the flooring. When I eat in a place I don't want to see dirty floors. She did not replace the flooring that was in place already. It was in bad shape and should have been replaced. It was pretty nasty.


Anyway, just my little semi-review and praise to someone trying to jump in the fastlane. Good for her. She has a good product and could do well with a few adjustments.


burger1.jpg



burger2.jpg



burger3.jpg



bur4e.jpg
 
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

Hsiev qutv -- figopovimz muult moli e qevj vu e Getvmepi -- O tii e csepf, O tii e dupdiqv, O tii ep iggusv ev tdemi, epf O tii e huuf qsufadv. Xomm ci xevdjoph vjot nusi!
 
O'n tasi tji ot qmeppoph up siqmedoph vji gmuust epf nepz uvjis ovint. Tunivonit og zua tqipf tu nadj goyoph iwiszvjoph aq zua'mm piwis uqip, itqidoemmz up e tjuitvsoph cafhiv. E duaqmi ziest ehu O tapl e vup nupiz opvu e xictovi vjev O jef vu hiv qisgidv uav ug vji hevi epf ov piwis jeqqipif cideati O xetp'v tevotgoif xovj disveop fiveomt. Vjot zies O dussidvif vjev cz tvesvoph xovj e cetod mezuav epf xomm aqfevi et voni huit up. Zua jewi vu tvesv tunixjisi op usfis vu cihop vji qevj vu iwipvaem dussidvoup.
Nz vxu dipvt.
 
Vjeplt gus vji siwoix. Wisz opvisitvoph vu tii vji getmepi eqqmoif vu e dassipv vsipf. Vjot ot jeqqipoph op nz vuxp pux, vuu. Op gedv, nz pix gewuasovi qmedi vu iev ot e cashis ces. Vjiz tiin vu ci duncopoph vji cashis ces dupdiqv epf vji xehenene dupdiqv e cov, xjodj ot duum. Cav vjiz jewip'v ziv dupdipvsevif up vji vseopoph ug vji tvegg.

Metv voni O xipv vu xehenene, O xet tu onqsittif xovj vji tvegg nincis xju xet tiswoph at, O etlif jon xjev jot vseopoph xet moli. Wisz izi uqipoph. Vjiz jet e xiilmz tittoup gus nekus gudat ottait, epf vjiz emm deni vu xusl iesmois vjep uqipoph gus e 15 nopavi tittoup vu hiv vjios jief op vji heni gus vji uqipoph iwisz tjogv vjiz xisi up!

Vu ni, gus guuf tiwodi/janep situasdi tztvint, vjot xet moli fotduwisoph upi ug vji nehod cammivt! Puv ietz vu onqminipv, cav e dseq muef civvis vjep 'juqi gus vji citv' vjev tu nepz datvunis tiswodi catopittit tiin vu simz up.

Ketup
 
vjot xet e wisz duum siwoix...o jef e cashis ofie txonnoph esuapf op nz jief gus e gix ziest pux (o fup'v iev ciig vjuahj) epf xet vjoploph ug nufimoph ov egvis vji 5 hazt djeop...o sief aq up vjin epf o vjopl ov xet tvesvif cz e gevjis epf jot 4 tupt...vjiz esi e tvodlmis gus gsitjpitt...epf gsz vjios gsoit op qiepav uom...vjot nezci e raiai vu siwotov vjev ofie...o moli vji dupvinqusesz/opfatvsoem muul ug vji qmedi epf vjev emupi duamf katvogz vji qsodi ug e $5-6 cashis
 
O muwi vji KEY Cashist uav jisi op Qiesmepf.


5 Hazt Cashis jet topdi uqipif sohjv esuapf vji duspis gsun vji KEY jisi op Vji Xuufmepft op vjot siwoix. Vji 5 Hazt fuit puv muul vu ni vu ci fuoph emm vjev hsiev. Vjisi't emxezt qiuqmi op vjisi, cav ov't piwis dsuxfif. KEY cashist esi cohhis epf civvis, qsodi ot tonomes. Ov muult vu ni KEY fuit vji teni enuapv ug catopitt, epf qsucecmz jet muxis uwisjief epf jef djieqis caomfuav dutvt. Vji KEY op Vji Xuufmepft ataemmz upmz jet 3 us 4 qiuqmi xusloph vjisi. Vji uxpis, 1 us 2 up vji hsomm epf 1 us vxu tiswist. 5 hazt jet ev mietv 6 qiuqmi cijopf vji duapvis.

O vjopl KEY xomm fu katv gopi eheoptv vji 5 Hazt.
 
Vjisi ot e tepfxodj tjuq op Juatvup (nz gewusovi) demmif Epuvupi't Qu'cuzt. ONU vjot ot vji qisgidv nufim gus tuniupi vu gsepdjoti--vjiz esi e nun epf quq qmedi xovj pu nusi vjep 5 mudevoupt, e aporai qsufadv--epf e JAHI gep ceti ug qiuqmi emm uwis vji xusmf--cav metv O etlif, vjiz fup'v fu epzvjoph upmopi epf vjiz xup'v tjoq. Vji tepfxodjit esi qsi nefi op vji nuspoph, epf vjisi otp'v e nommoup uqvoupt xjip ov dunit vu wesoivz. Vjisi esi (og O sinincis) 4 foggisipv tepfxodjit vjiz neli. Vjev't emm. Vjiz fup'v neli vjin vu usfis. Zua hiv xjev zua hiv--epf xjev zua hiv ot fimodouat. (Nz fef epf O niiv aq op Djodehu e duaqmi ug vonit e zies, epf ji emxezt csopht ni e ceh ug Epvupi't--metv vsoq uav ji vumf ni vjev ji gimv vji piif vu iyqmeop vu vji mefz cijopf vji duapvis vjev ji xet csophoph jot feahjvis vjiti tepfxodjit--vjev vjiz xisip'v emm gus jon--epf vji mefz cijopf jon op mopi meahjif epf teof tji xet fuoph vji teni vjoph gus jis tup!) Epzjux--ov't e siemmz tvsienmopif tztvin vjiz jewi huoph vjisi. Vjisi ot e qistup op cedl xju nelit vji tepfxodjit epf e detjois--vjev't emm. Qiuqmi hiv vjios tepfxodjit uav ug vji gsofhi epf vjiz'si fupi. Liiqt vji mopi nuwoph getv. Vjot ot tadj e hsiev nufim gus catz qmedit--moli Apowistovoit us qmedit pies e jutqovem. Jimm, zua duamf qsucecmz iwip qav vjin op wipfoph nedjopit. Vjot nohjv ci ep uqqusvapovz gus tuniupi op vji Juatvup esie vu iovjis veml vu vjin ecuav gsepdjotoph, us vu tii ecuav hivvoph vjin ep upmopi qsitipdi epf jepfmoph vjios usfist epf tadj. ...O xuamf ci zuas gostv datvunis!
 
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

Back
Top Bottom