The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Jacob from New Zealand

JacobNZ

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
73%
Apr 25, 2020
New Zealand
Hey guys, my name is Jacob. I am 21 years old and currently live in a small town called New Plymouth in the North Island of New Zealand. I have been a student of entrepreneurship for about two years now, consuming any type of content related to entrepreneurship, business and personal development whether that be in the form of books, videos, webinars, blogs, podcasts, you name it. I left an apprenticeship in plumbing after 2 years when I came to the realisation that I no longer wanted to trade my time for money. At least to the extent of a 9-5 job. I wanted to build multiple sources of passive income that would bring my family and I financial freedom and allow us to live our lives on our own terms. That is my why. I have attempted to sell on Amazon using their FBA service but was setback due to my first shipment of stock getting lost in transit. With little capital remaining, I started looking into other businesses that don't require a large upfront investment. That brought me to drop-shipping which is the business model I am currently engaged in. I have recently launched my first store and am in the process of advertising on social media to drive traffic to my website (I still have a lot to learn in this field as I am completely self taught). I have also recently started a Health and Well-being/Personal Development blog (more to help others than to benefit financially) . As well as owning a successful ecommerce store, I aspire to start my own streetwear/active wear clothing line and meditation/yoga business. However the latter both require significant amounts of money which I am yet to obtain. I look forward to connecting with you and helping where I can. Cheers.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

sergiodcarreno

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
188%
Apr 24, 2020
Petaluma, CA
Hey guys, my name is Jacob. I am 21 years old and currently live in a small town called New Plymouth in the North Island of New Zealand. I have been a student of entrepreneurship for about two years now, consuming any type of content related to entrepreneurship, business and personal development whether that be in the form of books, videos, webinars, blogs, podcasts, you name it. I left an apprenticeship in plumbing after 2 years when I came to the realisation that I no longer wanted to trade my time for money. At least to the extent of a 9-5 job. I wanted to build multiple sources of passive income that would bring my family and I financial freedom and allow us to live our lives on our own terms. That is my why. I have attempted to sell on Amazon using their FBA service but was setback due to my first shipment of stock getting lost in transit. With little capital remaining, I started looking into other businesses that don't require a large upfront investment. That brought me to drop-shipping which is the business model I am currently engaged in. I have recently launched my first store and am in the process of advertising on social media to drive traffic to my website (I still have a lot to learn in this field as I am completely self taught). I have also recently started a Health and Well-being/Personal Development blog (more to help others than to benefit financially) . As well as owning a successful ecommerce store, I aspire to start my own streetwear/active wear clothing line and meditation/yoga business. However the latter both require significant amounts of money which I am yet to obtain. I look forward to connecting with you and helping where I can. Cheers.
Hi Jacob, I'm Sergio, I'm new here too. I'm here to learn, discuss, and to add value where ever I can. Congrats on all the work you've put in so far. I'm looking to elevate my family as well. Everything I do is for them and their betterment financially. I wish you the best on you journey!

JacobNZ

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
73%
Apr 25, 2020
New Zealand
Hi Jacob, I'm Sergio, I'm new here too. I'm here to learn, discuss, and to add value where ever I can. Congrats on all the work you've put in so far. I'm looking to elevate my family as well. Everything I do is for them and their betterment financially. I wish you the best on you journey!
Hi Sergio, thanks for reaching out. And thank you for the congratulations. I still have a long way to go but i'm enjoying the process nevertheless. All the best to you too :)

JacobNZ

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
73%
Apr 25, 2020
New Zealand
Hi Jacob. Welcome from across the Tasman. If you dig a little you'll find a treasure trove of advice & encouragement on the forum.
Hi Lee, thank you for the welcome. Yes, I can already tell I am in the right place for any guidance I need. If you don't mind me asking, what is your story ?

Lee Wright

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
94%
Feb 28, 2018
Orange, NSW, Australia
Hi Lee, thank you for the welcome. Yes, I can already tell I am in the right place for any guidance I need. If you don't mind me asking, what is your story ?
I read The Millionaire Fastlane maybe 18 months ago. It would be the best business book I've read. I run an AV hire business in Sydney. I was basically a contractor but the last 3 years I've been transitioning into a business where I work on the business & not in it. It was going well till Coronavirus hit so at the moment I'm looking for side gigs.

You should also check out 80/20 marketing by Perry Marshall.

JacobNZ

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
73%
Apr 25, 2020
New Zealand
I read The Millionaire Fastlane maybe 18 months ago. It would be the best business book I've read. I run an AV hire business in Sydney. I was basically a contractor but the last 3 years I've been transitioning into a business where I work on the business & not in it. It was going well till Coronavirus hit so at the moment I'm looking for side gigs.

You should also check out 80/20 marketing by Perry Marshall.
I agree. I've read half a dozen different business books and it is by far the most valuable. Sorry to hear about how the virus has effected you. Thanks for the book recommendation.

JacobNZ

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
73%
Apr 25, 2020
New Zealand
Just started literally these last few days after finishing an intense coaching course. I coached a few people during the course and got great results and testimonials.
Nice, well all the best with that endeavour and if I ever find myself in need of your services I know where to find you :)

kleine2

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
135%
Sep 15, 2013
Nice, well all the best with that endeavour and if I ever find myself in need of your services I know where to find you :)
Sure thing. I happily offer a free 2 hour session now to anyone that wants and that I think I can help.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...