The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Robert_R

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
600%
Jun 8, 2017
New Mexico
I finished the audio version. I enjoyed how the audio swapped between MJ and Scott Thomas. It is an awesome follow-up to the first two books.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

rdan

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Dec 13, 2023
I've read the book, incredible new insights!

Loved the combination, definitely a must read!

Looking forward to the next one!

Ehicks00

PARKED
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Dec 20, 2019
If you read THE GREAT RAT RACE ESCAPE , please post here!

I'm happy to announce that my next full length book (444 pages, 16 hours Audible) is now available with a release date of Tuesday June 29th, 2021.

- Audible Audiobook
- Amazon Paperback
- Amazon Kindle
- Google Play
- Kobo
- Apple
- Barnes And Noble

##### SUMMARY

UNSCRIPTED - The Great Rat Race Escape : From Wage Slavery to Wealth, How to Start a Purpose Driven Business and Win Financial Freedom for a Lifetime
(Yes, really long but I was able to get to work on the cover!)

By all appearances, Jeff and Samantha Trotman are living the American Dream. But behind the white picket fence, they endure an American Nightmare. With little time for each other, a pile of debt, and Ferrari taste on a Ford budget, the ruse of affluence is killing them. Two respectable jobs and a lovely suburban house paint a pretty picture, but behind the ink is a broken marriage rife with meaningless work and dead dreams. And now, with an unplanned pregnancy, they’re facing a mid-life crisis twenty years early.

With little time and looming bankruptcy, the Trotmans are forced to face the red-pill truth they long denied: They were living, but they weren’t alive. Determined to resurrect their life and their marriage, the Trotmans plot a rat-race escape—only to find themselves more thickly in it.

As tensions rise and hope fades, follow along step-by-step as the Trotmans pivot to a new strategy and a new career: starting a business as entrepreneurs.

While they navigate their journey, you’ll learn 120 wealth-building strategies and principles that your mainstream financial guru won’t dare reveal—actionable concepts that will help you profit your way into the Unscripted 1%, an emerging economic class of entrepreneurs who enjoy a lifetime of freedom emancipated from miserly living and Wall Street's "save, pray, and wait" paradigm. Discover how one family escapes the rat-race grind and wins a lifetime of financial freedom, leaving behind the tyranny of meaningless jobs and mediocre living— and how you can too.

• The Bad Math Principle: Why most people will never escape the rat-race, much less earn financial freedom.
  • The 1/5/10 Strategy: How this one simple exercise will unearth your ultimate dream life while establishing a decision framework for its reality
  • The Honeypot Principle: Why the financial media's "invest a $100/mo for 40 years in indexed-funds" narrative is part of the same rat-race scheme, just a different side of the same rigged coin.
  • The Dual Change Strategy: The two divergent sides of change and how it can make you a fortune.
  • The Value Skew Strategy: How to find literally 1000s of business ideas and why you never need to "disrupt" or invent anything new or novel.
  • The Millionaire Payday Strategy: How to spot opportunities to hire yourself and earn an instant millionaire-making income.
  • The Cinderella Principle: Why starting a business based on a cultural trend or a fad is a horrible idea.
  • The Perseverance Strategy: Never struggle with motivation again; the four necessary ingredients to tap into unlimited motivation and determination, regardless of the obstacles in your way.
  • The Triangulated Value Strategy: Learn how to never quit three-feet from gold: The 3-pronged strategy in maximizing marketing yields while also illuminating the "quit or continue" decision.
  • and over 110+ more!
Don’t let the rat-race and its co-conspirators proclaim your life as non-essential. Don’t let the rat-race entice you to save your life away for the promise of an elderly retirement. Don’t let the rat-race lull you into a tedious existence medicated by television, video games, and trivial sporting events.

Go Unscripted , escape the rat-race, and win your happily-ever-after.

##### DOWNLOAD SAMPLE CHAPTERS
>>> If you'd like to download the first 40 pages, visit here.
View attachment 40258

View attachment 40257
I feel this book is great for family that are going though it and trying their best to make it work I wish I came really paid attention to the story and after really listening I've done alot of self reflection and realized that the paper chasing was ruining my relationship but I realized it to late and it was a hard lesson to learn but sometimes we need that slap to the face that's why I thank MJ for spreading his wisdom and ik its a slim chance we may ever meet but if we do you deserve a hand shake and a head nod sir

adriang

PARKED
Read Rat-Race Escape!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Mar 13, 2020
Poland

I'm happy to announce that my next full length book (444 pages, 16 hours Audible) is now available with a release date of Tuesday June 29th, 2021.

- Audible Audiobook
- Amazon Paperback
- Amazon Kindle
- Google Play
- Kobo
- Apple
- Barnes And Noble

##### SUMMARY

UNSCRIPTED - The Great Rat Race Escape : From Wage Slavery to Wealth, How to Start a Purpose Driven Business and Win Financial Freedom for a Lifetime

By all appearances, Jeff and Samantha Trotman are living the American Dream. But behind the white picket fence, they endure an American Nightmare. With little time for each other, a pile of debt, and Ferrari taste on a Ford budget, the ruse of affluence is killing them. Two respectable jobs and a lovely suburban house paint a pretty picture, but behind the ink is a broken marriage rife with meaningless work and dead dreams. And now, with an unplanned pregnancy, they’re facing a mid-life crisis twenty years early.

With little time and looming bankruptcy, the Trotmans are forced to face the red-pill truth they long denied: They were living, but they weren’t alive. Determined to resurrect their life and their marriage, the Trotmans plot a rat-race escape—only to find themselves more thickly in it.

As tensions rise and hope fades, follow along step-by-step as the Trotmans pivot to a new strategy and a new career: starting a business as entrepreneurs.

While they navigate their journey, you’ll learn 120 wealth-building strategies and principles that your mainstream financial guru won’t dare reveal—actionable concepts that will help you profit your way into the Unscripted 1%, an emerging economic class of entrepreneurs who enjoy a lifetime of freedom emancipated from miserly living and Wall Street's "save, pray, and wait" paradigm. Discover how one family escapes the rat-race grind and wins a lifetime of financial freedom, leaving behind the tyranny of meaningless jobs and mediocre living— and how you can too.

• The Bad Math Principle: Why most people will never escape the rat-race, much less earn financial freedom.
  • The 1/5/10 Strategy: How this one simple exercise will unearth your ultimate dream life while establishing a decision framework for its reality
  • The Honeypot Principle: Why the financial media's "invest a $100/mo for 40 years in indexed-funds" narrative is part of the same rat-race scheme, just a different side of the same rigged coin.
  • The Dual Change Strategy: The two divergent sides of change and how it can make you a fortune.
  • The Value Skew Strategy: How to find literally 1000s of business ideas and why you never need to "disrupt" or invent anything new or novel.
  • The Millionaire Payday Strategy: How to spot opportunities to hire yourself and earn an instant millionaire-making income.
  • The Cinderella Principle: Why starting a business based on a cultural trend or a fad is a horrible idea.
  • The Perseverance Strategy: Never struggle with motivation again; the four necessary ingredients to tap into unlimited motivation and determination, regardless of the obstacles in your way.
  • The Triangulated Value Strategy: Learn how to never quit three-feet from gold: The 3-pronged strategy in maximizing marketing yields while also illuminating the "quit or continue" decision.
  • and over 110+ more!
Don’t let the rat-race and its co-conspirators proclaim your life as non-essential. Don’t let the rat-race entice you to save your life away for the promise of an elderly retirement. Don’t let the rat-race lull you into a tedious existence medicated by television, video games, and trivial sporting events.

View attachment 40258

View attachment 40257
When this book will be published in polish language?

Joben R

New Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
33%
Jan 18, 2024
Philadelphia, PA
I just finished the book and much like the others, it was enlightening, motivating, and it pulled no punches. It definitely brings the value! Such a great read. Thanks, MJ.

cpierce968

PARKED
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Mar 2, 2024
Awesome book. I feel like they are all saying very similar messages... Just in a different way... My brother asked me which one he should read first and I told him that I don't know..... I guess in order..... Maybe I can get my wife to "read" if you ever make it into a movie.

El Pampa

New Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
67%
Dec 21, 2021
Argentina
Just read it.

You can tell MJ is improving along with the years of writing.

Thanks for your generosity writing and by continuing doing what you do. Eager to see your next project.

Time to put in practice what was taught.

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
Finally read the book!

No idea why a few reviews dissed it for being less hard-hitting than the earlier TMF /UNSCRIPTED books.

Many concepts were indeed discussed in earlier books...but this novel made me reflect where I've come from years ago. It reminds me I still have a job to finish.

rustery

PARKED
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Jan 12, 2021
Read 50%. Damn it's so full of useful information, but it's really hell to read 600+ pages for non english native.
Hope I finish it before retirement haha.

GhostParticle

New Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
300%
Mar 19, 2024
Just finished this book on audible, binging it in about four days... Wow

A quick background... I had been searching, brainstorming, and working on ways to either reset my failing real estate business or find a better path. I've always been interested in e-commerce, largely because of the black and whiteness of analytics, and how you can glean marketing decisions from different variables. I have struggled to be able to translate those functions into real estate. No budget vs goliaths, everyone and their mother being licensed in my state making RE agents a commodity, my resistance to social media, and being terrible on phone to name a few excuses.

I stumbled across this forum in search of engrepreurial knowledge, and perhaps community. Read a couple of the gold posts, and found value in them, so I thought I'd give one of MJs books a go. I chose the latest, due to the world being so differnt since 2020.

I've read plenty of business/ entrepreneurial books in the past, all with common themes and info, and figured I'd be hearing more of the same.

Man was I surprised! Not only does he give a good macro picture of the process of building a business and scaling, but each chapter has a micro level detail that most other books gloss over or don't touch on at all.

I thought I would be fasforwarding through the fictional portions of the book to get into the meat and potatoes, but I found it to be pretty captivating, well written with full/ complex character stories, and a great medium for explaining real world application of a lot ( not all) of the non fictional business strategies.

The bottom line- this book restored my hope.

I may diverge from real estate, or I may approach it differently. Of that I am not yet sure. But now I have a process I can follow to help get me to where I want to be.
Before reading all I saw were dead ends, hopelessness, mediocrity. The book helped to rekindle something in me that I had for years lost. Now creative ideas and solutions are flowing again. There is excitement brewing.

That alone was worth the 20 bucks for the book.

Hopefully this reaches at least one person who's on the fence about reading. If I had to decide over reading this book vs having a burger and fries ( roughly the same cost now a days) I'd starve myself for days and read the book.

Cheers!

GuitarDude

New Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
Feb 28, 2024
Listened to it on Audible as soon as it came out. I was probably one of the first people to finish it. I bought it the day of the release and finished it in two days. It's about time I re-listen to it.

AutoMan

New Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
11%
Mar 27, 2024
I listened to The Great Rat Race a few months ago. Loved every second of it. I really appreciated the "Show - then tell" method MJ used in this one.

GabbyO

New Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
33%
Nov 17, 2022
Bought it and read it a couple of days ago. Now I mostly skip the story parts since i recall most of it, and instead I focus on the principles and strategies. Great stuff!

sfreely

New Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
25%
Apr 18, 2024
I listened to the audiobook and I loved it! Now I plan to purchase the paperback so I can thumb through it, highlight some items and put the words to action.

sfreely

New Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
25%
Apr 18, 2024
Read this book about 6 months ago. Really enjoyed the merge of fiction and non-fiction.
Same, I enjoyed the fiction and non-fiction mash-up too!

rww1313

New Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
33%
Apr 9, 2024
✔️ I really enjoy the approach to the book and was hooked on the rags to riches journey….

msissoko

New Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
56%
Dec 26, 2023

- Audible Audiobook
- Amazon Paperback
- Amazon Kindle
- Google Play
- Kobo
- Apple
- Barnes And Noble

##### SUMMARY

• and over 110+ more!

View attachment 40258

View attachment 40257
I’ve read the book and I sincerely loved it. For me, this book is a must-read for individuals who plan to become free and to F-word the script. I‘m going to use everything I learned from this book to make correct decisions for my application and life in general. I hope that my business will set me free and reach my escape number. Thank you again MJ DeMarco for writing that incredible book

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.