What's new

I've read the book and am kicking around this business idea...

Idea threads

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 39,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block.

Wendy303

PARKED
Read Fastlane!
Joined
Jul 6, 2011
Messages
3
Rep Bank
$50
Writing and coaching.

Has anybody made serious money selling books on Kindle? I am writing 3 books and plan to launch them on Kindle at the same time and market the hell out of them for as little $$ as possible. I am a non-published, non-established author.

One of them is a mystery novel that should develop into a series. I don't like writing mystery novels per se but it's what sells. Anyway, I also have a master's degree in psych and a coaching certificate and will be launching the coaching business.

So at least the web site and credentials will give purchasers some sense of who I am when purchasing the books. Case in point, I found a Kindle book on emotionally healthy relationships $4.99 but the author was unkown and didn't have a psych background. I woudlnn't buy his book, but I bought others that were counselors, ec.

The problem, as I see it and what MJ refers to in his book, is there are a ton of "coaches" and authors out there. A lot of what I consider to be low cost entry points..I can't think of a way to franchise (?) a coaching business to make $$$.

I can think of a couple things that make me unique...and I feel like I have all the elements, but I'm not sure how to go from an unknown to eventually becoming a Deepak Chopra or Wayne Dyer, or if that is even possible (seem to me like the market is saturated already).

I can think of things that make me mad, like crappy customer service. I know of one coach who doesn't execute very well (return timely phone calls, crowded web site hard to read), yet her client list is always full...

Any thoughts? Comments? Jokes? :) Wendy in Denver (there are two of us, actually)
 
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

O cimoiwi vjisi esi e gix vjsieft ecuav vjev emsiefz tvesvif op vjot gusan. Hu vu vji tiesdj cuy epf qav op "Lopfmi" us "ot Lopfmi getvmepi".
 
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

Back
Top Bottom