I get to travel a lot due to my parallel career in fitness, so I'm often visiting new gyms and I've had memberships in places ranging from cheap to very expensive monthly fees. For the record, there's usually a strong correlation with price and quality in the field of training facilities.
I'm currently back in my home town for a few months and there's this new franchise that market themselves as very cheap (3x cheaper than the average membership). I decided to give it a shot. How bad can it be anyways? I used to be a personal trainer, so I figured out I could get the job done even if the equipment was old and/or missing. So I show up there and.. what?
1) Brand new equipment
2) Modern & clean look
3) Plenty of space, machines, weights, etc.
4) Free unlimited tanning
5) Free unlimited massage bed
6) Free unlimited massage chair
Sign up took 5 minutes on computer stations and had 3 simple payment options. The whole gym was supervised by only 2 employees, who were extremely polite and helpful. Long story short, in an hour I had a tour of the facility, a workout, a tanning session, a great massage & my access card.
Talk about positively violating client's expectations. Needless to say I'm currently brainstorming on ways to do the same with my own business. So.. how do you violate YOUR client's expectations???
P.S. I thought it was very clever. They obviously cut everything that costed them without giving much value and replaced these things by cheap stuff that made clients really happy.. so simple, yet original.
I'm currently back in my home town for a few months and there's this new franchise that market themselves as very cheap (3x cheaper than the average membership). I decided to give it a shot. How bad can it be anyways? I used to be a personal trainer, so I figured out I could get the job done even if the equipment was old and/or missing. So I show up there and.. what?
1) Brand new equipment
2) Modern & clean look
3) Plenty of space, machines, weights, etc.
4) Free unlimited tanning
5) Free unlimited massage bed
6) Free unlimited massage chair
Sign up took 5 minutes on computer stations and had 3 simple payment options. The whole gym was supervised by only 2 employees, who were extremely polite and helpful. Long story short, in an hour I had a tour of the facility, a workout, a tanning session, a great massage & my access card.
Talk about positively violating client's expectations. Needless to say I'm currently brainstorming on ways to do the same with my own business. So.. how do you violate YOUR client's expectations???
P.S. I thought it was very clever. They obviously cut everything that costed them without giving much value and replaced these things by cheap stuff that made clients really happy.. so simple, yet original.
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Last edited:
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
