The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

I've Done Absolutely Nothing for 365 Days, But Killed It After...

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
Looking back, you could have done more...but that doesn't matter.

Looking forward, you can do more...but despite common belief, that doesn't matter either.

What are you doing right now?

There is only now. And there is "doing" and "not doing". Forget the future, learn from the past...and act now.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Rawr

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
95%
Aug 12, 2007
south florida
There is only now. And there is "doing" and "not doing". Forget the future, learn from the past...and act now.

Remembering this got me into 3 books within two months. When i forgot this, a year of nothing. (well, excuses start coming handy). Now I make sure I remember - this is one of the truths of life.

mtb_fanatic

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
125%
Jul 1, 2015
Step 1. Go to Officemax and buy a plain white lined 8 1/2 x 11 legal pad

Step 2. Let me know when you have one

Step 3. You and @AllenCrawley and I will have a 10 minute call (probably Tuesday). I will send you the dial in # when I know you have the legal pad. Since we don't have time to have a call with everybody on the forum, you will Hopefully post what you learned and took away from the call in this thread so other people that come behind you can learn from you.

Step 4. Stop mentally masturbating over your Lambo color

Step 5. A month from now you will be in position to make a real progress thread, assuming you are still not playing video games
This is what makes this forum great. Willing to help others and to make an impact.

theag

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
Jan 19, 2012
So make a post like this and we get a 10 minute call with a millionaire to get free advice?

Why didn't I think of that...
The cold hard truth is that all the advice one needs is already out there. A short call wont make a difference.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
The cold hard truth is that all the advice one needs is already out there. A short call wont make a difference.
Our producer started closing all of the mind your business podcast episodes with this song for some reason.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
Reasonates with the audience, but doesnt change the facts.

You are not entirely wrong in most cases… We'll see what happens. I have a hunch.

Kingmaker

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
337%
Jan 26, 2013
San Diego
So make a post like this and we get a 10 minute call with a millionaire to get free advice?

Do not worry, Vigilante is offering FREE mentorship for as long as you want. All you have to do is read this thread https://www.thefastlaneforum.com/community/threads/mj-is-offering-free-mentoring.25393/

I'll even paste the instructions for you:

"Type in thefastlaneforum.com

Go to search. Find posts by user: Vigilante

Total Posts: 5,989

Read all of them. Get mentored by a millionaire."

Last edited by a moderator:

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
Do not worry, Vigilante is offering FREE mentorship for as long as you want. All you have to do is read this thread https://www.thefastlaneforum.com/community/threads/mj-is-offering-free-mentoring.25393/

Shit. I post here too often. I should get a real job. Averaging 5 posts per day every day since I joined. I didn't do exact math, but somewhere in there.

I need a hobby. And, my "millions" aren't liquid. I've been a paper millionaire before. You can lose it all.

I have figured out some pretty f'ing creative ways to lose paper (non-greenback) millions.

Until it is in the bank, taxes paid, I don't count it.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
So for those following this thread, there were two reasons I told him to go get a legal pad.

1. To get him off his a$$. If he wasn't willing to do something as simple as that, Allen and I would not waste any time here. Some times, the first steps you take might be small but concrete and tangible. It's the opposite of picking your Lambo color. MJ, @AndrewNC and others have talked about doing things every day that work you towards the goal.

and

2. we will talk about with him on the call later.

Time And Again

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
47%
Jun 15, 2015
Southern Idaho
Keeping an eye on this one.
Reading posts are powerful but listening to advise from a powerful mind over the phone would be a crazy kick in the brain. Hope he doesn't do like I have in the past when trying to take notes over the phone and get distracted by the reality of who he is speaking with.
Great thread...

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
Keeping an eye on this one.
Reading posts are powerful but listening to advise from a powerful mind over the phone would be a crazy kick in the brain. Hope he doesn't do like I have in the past when trying to take notes over the phone and get distracted by the reality of who he is speaking with.
Great thread...

He's speaking with a couple of dumb asses that just have been kicked in the midsection more than he has at this point in his life.

Jamie T

>>
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
390%
Oct 26, 2014
Phoenix, AZ

To add to this brilliant advice:

After you go to thefastlaneforum.com and you're logged in, move your mouse over your member name in the top right.

NewsFeedProfile.png

You'll see an option that says "Your News Feed" -click that. (I think it's available to everyone and not just an INSIDERS thing, but I could be wrong)

Now, you can see the most up to date activity of the people you follow. *Hint: follow members who you look up to and you enjoy reading their posts.
YourNewsFeed.png

The first thing that I do when I go to this forum (each day) is go directly to my news feed. In fact, I have "special" a bookmark in my browser for it..

NewFeedBookmark.png

Look at it as going to the WJS.com, but instead of world news, you're getting direct Fastlane news from the members who're influencing you to become better than you were yesterday.

I spent too much time on this post, but it'll help those who don't utilize or even know about the news feed. And, this was really a promotional post for @jon.a

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA

Time And Again

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
47%
Jun 15, 2015
Southern Idaho
He's speaking with a couple of dumb asses that just have been kicked in the midsection more than he has at this point in his life.
And with this opportunity he (and a few of us) will hopefully have a few less kicks along the way. Even though those beatings along the way are sometimes the best way to learn, a few that can be skipped while still having learned from them could make a person less likely to think its not worth it before he makes it to the clouds silver lining.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
Step 1. Go to Officemax and buy a plain white lined 8 1/2 x 11 legal pad

Step 2. Let me know when you have one

Step 3. You and @AllenCrawley and I will have a 10 minute call (probably Tuesday). I will send you the dial in # when I know you have the legal pad. Since we don't have time to have a call with everybody on the forum, you will Hopefully post what you learned and took away from the call in this thread so other people that come behind you can learn from you.

Step 4. Stop mentally masturbating over your Lambo color

Step 5. A month from now you will be in position to make a real progress thread, assuming you are still not playing video games

Op, If you do not take Vig up on this offer, you would be completely crazy.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
This week last year I decided to become an "entrepreneur" and make the BIG BUCKS! F*ck my parents and their negativity towards my untameable entrepreneurial spirit, and F*ck my friends for only wanting to play video games and go out for food! Exotic cars, here I come!

...I even setup and automatic email that I received a few days ago saying "you better be driving a Blue Cepheus Lamborghini Aventador".

Little did I know...

Here's a quick overview of what I've actually done for 365 days:

- developed irrational phobias due to high stress
- got accepted into film school (which I have no desire to pursue as a career)
- realized just how much my parents are negatively affecting me
- played a lot of Grand Theft Auto to take my mind off reality
- made a lot of music
- learned a bit about copywriting
- started giving less of a F*ck

So really, I've done nothing related to solving others' needs. Haha! Good stuff.

Yet every single day I'm being taunted by my mother that "I only have x months before I have to live on my own". They don't mean it and I know it, they don't have the guts to kick me out. But saying that shit everyday, it might as well be the truth.

Ah... What the F*ck man. I remember it being December 31st, and me telling myself that 2015 will be the year I succeed and finally make something of myself. Yet here I am, just a little bit more educated and a lot more angry.

I guess, the point I'm trying to make here is... If you tell yourself you're going to be successful next time this year, you're kidding yourself unless you're already doing things that will make you successful. I was trying to run before I knew how to use my legs. I couldn't even see my legs! I still don't. But at least now I know how to pace myself better, and can try and implement some of the methods I learned in the book.

And best of all, the only thing on my mind is the post I made here about becoming a fastlane musician, and how I disregarded every piece of the golden advice given to me. I decided I was too good for making tutorial videos, and that I didn't have the patience to host my own music show on Twitch. I can't even bring myself to get in touch with a singer because I feel like my instrumentals are incompetent. F*ck!

yet every day i wake up and wonder what life would be like if all i had to do was make music day and night. it would be F*cking beautiful. i can just picture myself meeting the producers i talk to on twitter, or meeting the famous producers i stalk on snapchat everyday. how in the world do i focus myself on what's most important to me?

This whole "F*ck your parents, F*ck your friends" for not understanding your "untamable entrepreneurial spirit" is laughable. You sound like typical lazy, entitled millennial. Let me break the bad news to you, you aren't special.

Did I mention you better take Vig up on his offer?

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
This whole "F*ck your parents, F*ck your friends" for not understanding your "untamable entrepreneurial spirit" is laughable. You sound like typical lazy, entitled millennial. Let me break the bad news to you, you aren't special.

Did I mention you better take Vig up on his offer?

I didn't invite KAK to attend the call. He gets the second call. :)

Marc B.

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
204%
Sep 23, 2012
Oklahoma
@Vigilante - For those of us who do not have the same privilege as @dmitriyb , what can he expect from the phone call?

I have tuned into a handful of Fastlane conference calls with @AllenCrawley. Ten minutes can fly by, so I'm sure whatever he has to say in that short time will be a value-packed bomb. :)

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
@Vigilante - For those of us who do not have the same privilege as @dmitriyb , what can he expect from the phone call?

I have tuned into a handful of Fastlane conference calls with @AllenCrawley. Ten minutes can fly by, so I'm sure whatever he has to say in that short time will be a value-packed bomb. :)

10 Minutes is impossible for me. I talk too much. He'll share with ya'all what ever he decides to. We just spent some time talking about a lot of the things shared on the forum, such as starting from scratch, climbing barriers, networking, and the fact that nobody is looking out for you... but you. Hopefully we reframed some things for him that will help him as he drives himself forward. But, as we all know, action separates the do'ers from the action fakers.

Time will tell. Most people have a chance, and starting from his age there is likely nothing he can't do if he decides what direction he needs to move in.

Same is probably true for most of the people here. The only thing keeping us from becoming something...is...us. Losers will tell you all the things stacked against them. Winners find a way to win despite the obstacles.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.