Title is true, I haven't had a W2/W4 paycheck in almost a year. People ask me what I do and I don't have an answer. I have a mortgage, car payments, a kid and a pregnant wife. What can I do?
Keep doing exactly what I'm doing, that's what.
People are afraid to quit their job, afraid to take risks, afraid for their kids or wife or whatever. What I haven't mentioned is that I am able to pay all my bills, and do whatever I want. I'm not making big money, but I make enough to not have to answer to an employer. Stop being scared.
I work here and there for random people, I help out friends and family with their business (usually computer related) for free. I buy stuff over here, and sell over there. It's that simple, stop being afraid. I have the time in my day to chase down an idea and decide if it's worth my time.
I can sit in my office and make a dozen phone calls at any time, because I'm not on someone else's clock.
If I'm sick, I can sit on the couch and surf Craigslist for stuff to sell on Ebay.
If it's nice, I can go golfing.
If I have an idea I can start a service company and hire people (that's what I did this summer)
Go to the fastlane meetup this weekend in AZ without taking "vacation days"
Stop being afraid. Worst case scenario: you're late on your bills and have to get a job. Best case scenario, you get to wake up with your family, kiss them off to work and school, spend the day doing what you want and actually living your life.
Keep doing exactly what I'm doing, that's what.
People are afraid to quit their job, afraid to take risks, afraid for their kids or wife or whatever. What I haven't mentioned is that I am able to pay all my bills, and do whatever I want. I'm not making big money, but I make enough to not have to answer to an employer. Stop being scared.
I work here and there for random people, I help out friends and family with their business (usually computer related) for free. I buy stuff over here, and sell over there. It's that simple, stop being afraid. I have the time in my day to chase down an idea and decide if it's worth my time.
I can sit in my office and make a dozen phone calls at any time, because I'm not on someone else's clock.
If I'm sick, I can sit on the couch and surf Craigslist for stuff to sell on Ebay.
If it's nice, I can go golfing.
If I have an idea I can start a service company and hire people (that's what I did this summer)
Go to the fastlane meetup this weekend in AZ without taking "vacation days"
Stop being afraid. Worst case scenario: you're late on your bills and have to get a job. Best case scenario, you get to wake up with your family, kiss them off to work and school, spend the day doing what you want and actually living your life.
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
