The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Item X and its 8 millions of potential customers

Victor Cezar

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
176%
Jun 29, 2018
Brazil
Hello Guys!.

I came up here with a new idea and I want your opinion about this.

I have a partner which manufacture an item X. This item X costs 10 bucks but in the customer's hands use to cost 30 bucks because of the feeding of the market, Factory > transportation > distributor > transportation > local store. This is how it works and this is how the customer gets to the item, he needs to go to a local store and buy it.

My idea is to create an app in order to smooth this process. How? Well, will be like this:
This app will gather the service and the customer in one place. You want to have this item X installed in your car, for instance, but this time you will not go to a local store, you will call someone to go to your home and install it for you in your garage. In another side, the guy who will install the item X will be someone who knows how to install it and wants to earn some bucks. Like Uber, did you get me? but this is not about rides.

I will have a profit margin because the item will leave directly from the factory, so instead the customer go to the store and pay 30 bucks he will call the service for 25 and I still can pay the "employee" and get some profit on it.

I already see some obstacles.

1º I need to think about the distribution since the city is too big maybe I need to create strategic points of distribution where the employee will pass by to take the item X and go straight to the customer do the job.

2º I don't see many people wanting to place or change this item X in their cars, but as we have 8 millions of cars in my hometown I think we have a great niche to work on, I just need to marketing enough to make them wants to place/replace this in their cars. It is important to say this is a cause of health, this item X can help your health.

3º The development of the app, I don't have idea if I would learn how to java programming or would hire someone to code for me.

So my dear fastlaners, I want your insights about this idea, if you see more problems than me and how would you overcome these obstacles.

I will have a meeting with some guys and my partner to improve the idea and bring something more concrete to the paper for we work with.

I will also update this topic as possible.

GG

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

FreakyThomas

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
123%
Jun 26, 2017
Nice, France
Maybe it would be simpler to start with a website ? You can even test your idea with a small advertising campaign and a landing page to see if you get some attention.

Envoyé de mon SM-G955F en utilisant Tapatalk

Victor Cezar

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
176%
Jun 29, 2018
Brazil
Maybe it would be simpler to start with a website ? You can even test your idea with a small advertising campaign and a landing page to see if you get some attention.

So do you mean, create some advertising around internet point to a landing page where my service would be offered?

GG

FreakyThomas

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
123%
Jun 26, 2017
Nice, France
So do you mean, create some advertising around internet point to a landing page where my service would be offered?

GG
Yes, exactly.
Because coding an app from scratch is very, very long and difficult I think, except if you already know how to code

Kid

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Mar 1, 2016
Find someone in RL and talk to them about item x. Would they change it? Yes? No? Why not? Is it the price or just because they are satisfied with what they already got?

Victor Cezar

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
176%
Jun 29, 2018
Brazil
Yes, exactly.
Because coding an app from scratch is very, very long and difficult I think, except if you already know how to code

Hello and thanks for your advice. We decided to use a website as a first option because I can do by myself and this will let us know with more caution our niche. When we get enough attention we will build our own app, but first, we will sell the service through the website.

So, for our website work very well in order to catch traffic I think I need to know about Copy Writing and SEO right? is there something that I should add to my list to pay attention for my website?

Find someone in RL and talk to them about item x. Would they change it? Yes? No? Why not? Is it the price or just because they are satisfied with what they already got?

Sorry, what is "RL"?

Thanks for your reply guys.

GG

Kid

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Mar 1, 2016
Hello and thanks for your advice. We decided to use a website as a first option because I can do by myself and this will let us know with more caution our niche. When we get enough attention we will build our own app, but first, we will sell the service through the website.

So, for our website work very well in order to catch traffic I think I need to know about Copy Writing and SEO right? is there something that I should add to my list to pay attention for my website?

Sorry, what is "RL"?

Thanks for your reply guys.

GG

Hi Victor, good to see your progress and calm thinking. "In RL" means "in real life" as opposed to "online", but since you've decided to make website that suggestion doesn't apply (at least about meeting in real life part)

One suggestion i'd like to offer to you is to not build whole website, but to make a landing page that mimics real page and drive traffic to it to see if people need your service.

The thing is to build such page without any real service. Just steps where people would normally book and pay for it.

When someone will go through all steps you can assume he is interested and would be a your client.

To not irritate him, after last step you display him a message:
"Sorry, due to large interest we can't fulfill service to you at this time. We'll notify you as soon as we will be ready (and add 10% discount for inconvenience )".

The method above was used by at least a few members of this forum.

Anyway good luck and keep us posted.

Rila Studios

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
75%
Sep 7, 2018
Accra , Ghana
Facebook ads are a good way to test your products. You can also do Instagram influencers but you should know your product abit more to go for influencers.

If you need any help with creating a video for your product, feel free and DM me.
Cheers,

Victor Cezar

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
176%
Jun 29, 2018
Brazil
Hi Victor, good to see your progress and calm thinking. "In RL" means "in real life" as opposed to "online", but since you've decided to make website that suggestion doesn't apply (at least about meeting in real life part)

One suggestion i'd like to offer to you is to not build whole website, but to make a landing page that mimics real page and drive traffic to it to see if people need your service.

The thing is to build such page without any real service. Just steps where people would normally book and pay for it.

When someone will go through all steps you can assume he is interested and would be a your client.

To not irritate him, after last step you display him a message:
"Sorry, due to large interest we can't fulfill service to you at this time. We'll notify you as soon as we will be ready (and add 10% discount for inconvenience )".

The method above was used by at least a few members of this forum.

Anyway good luck and keep us posted.

Wow this advice was awesome! thank you very much...

I will search more about landing pages and how to do them.

Facebook ads are a good way to test your products. You can also do Instagram influencers but you should know your product abit more to go for influencers.

If you need any help with creating a video for your product, feel free and DM me.
Cheers,

Facebook and and instagram can lead to my landing page right?

GG

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.