The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 38,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Registration at the forum removes this block.

Item X and its 8 millions of potential customers

Victor Cezar

Bronze Contributor
LEGACY MEMBER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
176%
Jun 29, 2018
Brazil
Hello Guys!.

I came up here with a new idea and I want your opinion about this.

I have a partner which manufacture an item X. This item X costs 10 bucks but in the customer's hands use to cost 30 bucks because of the feeding of the market, Factory > transportation > distributor > transportation > local store. This is how it works and this is how the customer gets to the item, he needs to go to a local store and buy it.

My idea is to create an app in order to smooth this process. How? Well, will be like this:
This app will gather the service and the customer in one place. You want to have this item X installed in your car, for instance, but this time you will not go to a local store, you will call someone to go to your home and install it for you in your garage. In another side, the guy who will install the item X will be someone who knows how to install it and wants to earn some bucks. Like Uber, did you get me? but this is not about rides.

I will have a profit margin because the item will leave directly from the factory, so instead the customer go to the store and pay 30 bucks he will call the service for 25 and I still can pay the "employee" and get some profit on it.

I already see some obstacles.

1º I need to think about the distribution since the city is too big maybe I need to create strategic points of distribution where the employee will pass by to take the item X and go straight to the customer do the job.

2º I don't see many people wanting to place or change this item X in their cars, but as we have 8 millions of cars in my hometown I think we have a great niche to work on, I just need to marketing enough to make them wants to place/replace this in their cars. It is important to say this is a cause of health, this item X can help your health.

3º The development of the app, I don't have idea if I would learn how to java programming or would hire someone to code for me.

So my dear fastlaners, I want your insights about this idea, if you see more problems than me and how would you overcome these obstacles.

I will have a meeting with some guys and my partner to improve the idea and bring something more concrete to the paper for we work with.

I will also update this topic as possible.

GG

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

FreakyThomas

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
LEGACY MEMBER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
124%
Jun 26, 2017
Nice, France
Maybe it would be simpler to start with a website ? You can even test your idea with a small advertising campaign and a landing page to see if you get some attention.

Envoyé de mon SM-G955F en utilisant Tapatalk

Victor Cezar

Bronze Contributor
LEGACY MEMBER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
176%
Jun 29, 2018
Brazil
Maybe it would be simpler to start with a website ? You can even test your idea with a small advertising campaign and a landing page to see if you get some attention.

Envoyé de mon SM-G955F en utilisant Tapatalk

So do you mean, create some advertising around internet point to a landing page where my service would be offered?

GG

Become a Fastlane Member Today to Read More or Comment.

This thread has
more posts!

Join MJ DeMarco's Inner Circle and Rub Shoulders with Other Millionaire Entrepreneurs

Imagine a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been the driving force of Fastlane, contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With over 38,000 posts game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve freedom. Join 90,000+ members and access a vast library of 1,000,000+ posts from entrepreneurs worldwide.

Fastlane isn’t just another community led by an absent guru. By joining, you enter MJ’s inner circle—a supportive home where you’re never alone. Embrace true mentorship and transform your entrepreneurial journey with the Fastlane Forum.

Basic Membership (Monthly)

• Read all threads in the main forums/categories.
  • Post comments in existing topics.
  • React to any comment/post.
  • Sort big threads by best posts.
  • Cancel anytime

$5 per month

Join Now

Basic Membership (Yearly)

• Save 22% vs monthly
  • Read all threads in the main forums/categories.
  • Post comments in existing topics.
  • React to any comment/post.
  • Sort big threads by best posts.
  • 30% Off a Yearly GoalSumo.com Subscription
  • Cancel anytime

$47 per year

Join Now

VIP Insider Membership

• Same as basic plus...
  • Guaranteed read and response from MJ DeMarco*
  • Access to the private Insider forum for more advanced users.
  • Bookmark any posts
  • No non-sponsor ads
  • 50% Off a Yearly GoalSumo.com Subscription ($34 Value)

$119.88 per year

Join Now

* If you post any question or problem within the INSIDER forum, this guarantees MJ will read and respond to your post to the best of his ability at least one time. This guarantee does not imply a lifetime dialogue or a personal ongoing mentorship. Again, MJ has authored more than 38,000 responses at this forum since 2007.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.