The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

It all came together for this Dutchman

Ludo

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
85%
Apr 30, 2018
The Hague, The Netherlands
Hi fellow Fastlaners,

My name is Ludo, I am 23 years old and from The Netherlands in Europe. As you can tell I'd like to introduce myself to you, all the people of this great forum based on the of course even greater books.

At first I started reading TFM after it being mentioned on a forum. To be honest I am a person that usually does not like reading, and that's an understatement, but this book just kept me stuck to it and I read it in two days. I always questioned certain things in life and the book had a lot of recognizable moments which felt like there was someone who finally DOES understand it all and I am not strange for questioning things. I found out the UNSCRIPTED book, of course also read it in two days, a good read as well.

Then it all came together, and made me think, the sky is the limit, so what am I actually doing? Will I continue to focus on the scripted path which would be, graduate ASAP, move in and marry with my so-so very high maintenance GF, work 40+ hours a week at a well known consultancy firm (excluding overtime extra hours), arriving at home late and dead tired, buy a house, miss out on seeing my future kids grow up? I could go on and on and this must be all to familiar to everyone here.

I am now in my final year of my bachelor's, but most likely will have to do another year because of my indecisionness. During my studing I've aways had a side job, but am financially worthless because of my slowlane/sidewalk switching. Both never felt right, but on the positive side now without doubt the path is clear, but is up to myself only to execute and build a quality business.

So you will see me a lot on this forum to learn and be of help to others, and eventually achieve my mission!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Late Bloomer

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
143%
Apr 17, 2018
Welcome Ludo!
For someone who doesn't like reading, you're excellent at writing. ;)

What good fortune for you to have found MJ's ideas, before you made huge commitments to many "typical things everyone does"... but that are not an intentional choice for you.

There's nothing wrong in themselves with marriage, long hours in a consultancy, home ownership, etc. But there's a lot wrong with doing them by default, in order to live by someone else's script.

I think there usually is something wrong with having a so-so, high maintenance Significant Other!

on the positive side now without doubt the path is clear

What is that clear path for you now?

Looking forward to our conversations on the forum. I already had a response for your thread about how to limit the time commitments for service customers.

Ludo

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
85%
Apr 30, 2018
The Hague, The Netherlands
Welcome Ludo!
For someone who doesn't like reading, you're excellent at writing. ;)

What good fortune for you to have found MJ's ideas, before you made huge commitments to many "typical things everyone does"... but that are not an intentional choice for you.

There's nothing wrong in themselves with marriage, long hours in a consultancy, home ownership, etc. But there's a lot wrong with doing them by default, in order to live by someone else's script.

I think there usually is something wrong with having a so-so, high maintenance Significant Other!

What is that clear path for you now?

Looking forward to our conversations on the forum. I already had a response for your thread about how to limit the time commitments for service customers.
Thank you so much!

Definitely, without his ideas I would still believe that the default route is the way to go and the entrepreneur road would be "not for me". It really made me realize a lot of things, the longer I read this forum of these great people and think of businesses in reverse: why did the owner set this up in this way, made choice A and not B...the more I constantly learn.

Regarding the clear path, to me the clear path that I found is that tools MJ books provide and my own philosophy regarding a possible business that I want to set up. Furthermore, it's the big realization that I should not waste my youth and time in relationships, jobs, people and activities that are settling, instead of pursuing what is the true more satisfying potential.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...