The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Is youtube fastlane

Idea threads

Jrjohnny

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
May 18, 2023
I saw a way to get your business model is what would you do for free for 10 years, I put thought into it and helping people is something Id do, does youtube make sense to do that.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
I saw a way to get your business model is what would you do for free for 10 years, I put thought into it and helping people is something Id do, does youtube make sense to do that.

Youtube is just highly leverage attention - how you use it is what makes it Fastlane (or not).

The most reliable way to monitize Youtube is to have something to sell your audience off the platform.

Jrjohnny

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
May 18, 2023
Youtube is just highly leverage attention - how you use it is what makes it Fastlane (or not).

The most reliable way to monitize Youtube is to have something to sell your audience off the platform.
Yeah, thats my plan, build a community, then start like a private group where you pay every month maybe a upfront charge aswell.

Arjun Uphale

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
68%
Jun 20, 2023
That is exactly what Hamza did. Post Regularly and Enjoy the Ride!

Jrjohnny

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
May 18, 2023
That is exactly what Hamza did. Post Regularly and Enjoy the Ride!
Ill get started later, I want to also do a self improvement channel but i need to really improve on it first.

theag

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
Jan 19, 2012
In 2022, YouTube did $29B in revenue. So I'd say yes, it's quite fastlane.

YouTube: share of Google net ad revenues 2022 | Statista

For everybody else, it's mostly a sales channel, so only part of a bigger picture.

Now, if you are talking about "YouTubers" who make their money mainly through revenue share for ads and sponsorships, I would say no, it's not fastlane. I consider those, also influencers, as celebrities, with all that comes with that, for example very low chance of an outlier success. One of the premises of the OG fastlane book was actually to achieve live-changing wealth when you are not a celebrity.

Last edited:

Jrjohnny

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
May 18, 2023
In 2022, YouTube did $29B in revenue. So I'd say yes, it's quite fastlane.

YouTube: share of Google net ad revenues 2022 | Statista

For everybody else, it's mostly a sales channel, so only part of a bigger picture.

Now, if you are talking about "YouTubers" who make their money mainly through revenue share for ads and sponsorships, I would say no, it's not fastlane. I consider those, also influencers, as celebrities, with all that comes with that, for example very low chance of an outlier success. One of the premises of the OG fastlane book was actually to achieve live-changing wealth when you are not a celebrity.
I wont make most of it through that, its going to be through a subscription based private group. Hamza (a self improvement yter I recommend), does this, he charges 500 upfront, 99 a month and like more than 100 people have it, he makes more than 10k a month.

theag

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
Jan 19, 2012
I wont make most of it through that, its going to be through a subscription based private group. Hamza (a self improvement yter I recommend), does this, he charges 500 upfront, 99 a month and like more than 100 people have it, he makes more than 10k a month.
Honestly, that seems like very low income for the amount of work he put it and his success (2M+ subscribers).

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
456%
May 1, 2011

Except for this lady who must have made at least $2.5 million USD in three years just off this one video (credit to @Fox who sent this to me).

355072832_2299570040215388_8720422679521611324_n.png

With 2,979,508,780 views in total, we can assume that YouTube alone has generated about $15 million USD for her from the partner program in the last 12 years. I highly doubt she has made more from her website.

I know it's not popular here but I like the advertising model more. Of course, it has control issues but you don't have to deal with anything else but producing content and marketing it. It makes things way simpler than dealing with customers, manufacturing and shipping products, etc.

theag

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
Jan 19, 2012
Except for this lady who must have made at least $2.5 million USD in three years just off this one video (credit to @Fox who sent this to me).

View attachment 49711

With 2,979,508,780 views in total, we can assume that YouTube alone has generated about $15 million USD for her from the partner program in the last 12 years. I highly doubt she has made more from her website.

I know it's not popular here but I like the advertising model more. Of course, it has control issues but you don't have to deal with anything else but producing content and marketing it. It makes things way simpler than dealing with customers, manufacturing and shipping products, etc.
Yea, that falls under my definition of celebrity. Nice, but not relevant for 99% of us.

Jrjohnny

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
May 18, 2023
Honestly, that seems like very low income for the amount of work he put it and his success (2M+ subscribers).
He made a joke saying “aw imma cry myself to sleep with my 300k a month” in one video

Panos Daras

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
147%
Oct 10, 2022
The probability of hitting 1mln subs on YouTube is from 0.06% to 0.135% (based on ChatGPT data). It is crap. I do not see any Fastlane there. Outliers always exist though. That being said YouTube is a very good vehicle for promoting your business.

Jrjohnny

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
May 18, 2023
The probability of hitting 1mln subs on YouTube is from 0.06% to 0.135% (based on ChatGPT data). It is crap. I do not see any Fastlane there. Outliers always exist though. That being said YouTube is a very good vehicle for promoting your business.
First off, where do you think that data comes from? Legit 99% of people on youtube quit after a few months/weeks, and that didnt stop other channels from hitting 100m (0.0006 (3/5000!) to 0.001357% using your data) and who said I wanted to hit 1million? Even 10k is nice, lets say people who join my private group is 0.1 (low asf) which is 10 people, even 1% is 100 people. Lets say i do 50 bucks a month, bang 5k a month as a 13 year old.

Last edited:

Panos Daras

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
147%
Oct 10, 2022
First off, where do you think that data comes from? Legit 99% of people on youtube quit after a few months/weeks, and that didnt stop other channels from hitting 100m (0.0006 (3/5000!) to 0.001357% using your data) and who said I wanted to hit 1million? Even 10k is nice, lets say people who join my private group is 0.1 (low asf) which is 10 people, even 1% is 100 people. Lets say i do 50 bucks a month, bang 5k a month as a 13 year old.
Go do 50 bucks a month, bang 5k a month as 13 year old. You have my permission.

Jrjohnny

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
May 18, 2023

View attachment 49711

Normally, each million views generates 3-5k in american money. She would be the richest person on earth, with 2.5 trillion dollars. Even if youtube took half of it, she would have 1.25 trillion, somethings up with my math lmao.

Jrjohnny

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
May 18, 2023
Go do 50 bucks a month, bang 5k a month as 13 year old. You have my permission.
No I know, I just wanted to show you. Sorry if I came across as cocky or something.

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
456%
May 1, 2011

This is akin to saying that the probability of becoming a cash millionaire is below 1% (particularly outside of the richest countries) so why bother.

There's a shit ton of money on YouTube. If you have the skills and the willingness, you can become excellent at it. The challenge is consistently producing better and better content and somehow not burning out after years of doing the same thing.

Reminds me of my old thread with a quote from a decidedly NOT YouTube-era:

G

Guest12MW7076

Don’t start a YouTube channel, start a business that you can use YouTube and other social media channels to promote your business. MJ has a channel as well, and I am sure his RPM is over $10 since he has a finance channel. But do you think he’s happy that he ‘bangs’ Xk a month? No, because his goal is not making some quick money. He posts videos to make one more person to buy his books, join his forum and provide value which is the ultimate goal.

You also have a ‘I will start a business and customers will come’ mindset. Just because some guy did it doesn’t mean you are going to make it as well. Your problem should be about getting clients/sales/subscribes, not if it’s fastlane or not.

Also do not start yourself another job. Hamza can hire some editor to edit videos, but he can’t hire someone to be in front of the camera. Because it’s a job, not a business. Fastlane is not about making half a million a month. If you make $1 a month with a method that fits into CENTS framework, you can make millions as well. You should treat it like a business, which is what Hamza is not doing at all.

Jrjohnny

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
May 18, 2023
Don’t start a YouTube channel, start a business that you can use YouTube and other social media channels to promote your business. MJ has a channel as well, and I am sure his RPM is over $10 since he has a finance channel. But do you think he’s happy that he ‘bangs’ Xk a month? No, because his goal is not making some quick money. He posts videos to make one more person to buy his books, join his forum and provide value which is the ultimate goal.

You also have a ‘I will start a business and customers will come’ mindset. Just because some guy did it doesn’t mean you are going to make it as well. Your problem should be about getting clients/sales/subscribes, not if it’s fastlane or not.

Also do not start yourself another job. Hamza can hire some editor to edit videos, but he can’t hire someone to be in front of the camera. Because it’s a job, not a business. Fastlane is not about making half a million a month. If you make $1 a month with a method that fits into CENTS framework, you can make millions as well. You should treat it like a business, which is what Hamza is not doing at all.
Yes, I know. I want to provide self help advice to people.

perchboy

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
321%
Aug 7, 2022
Toronto, Canada
Why would someone watch YOU for self help advice instead of the thousands of other Hamza-worshipping kids making those videos?

If you have a way to beat all the competition then go for it.

If you go for it, you have to make YouTube your full time job. You gotta be constantly analyzing and improving your videos. Either go all in on YouTube, or just forget about YouTube and start a business that can provide value right off the bat.

G

Guest12MW7076

But how? I am just starting out as a web designer. I only need 10 clients to pay me $1000 for a website to make 5 figures a month. It sounds easy. But I can’t just go to a business owner and tell him to pay me $1000 so that I can reach six figures. I need to provide them solutions and results. How are you going to provide self help advice? What will be the difference between you and thousands of people reciting what Hamza and the others already told many years ago? Why would I watch 13 year old you instead of watching an adults who has a lot more experience than me? There are at least one thread about starting a YouTube channel because of Hamza on this forum every single day, yet we haven’t seen them posting good quality videos. This sounds like another form of action faking. People won’t subsribe to your private channel just because you posted some videos. Don’t end up like entitled people on reddit.

Jrjohnny

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
May 18, 2023
Why would someone watch YOU for self help advice instead of the thousands of other Hamza-worshipping kids making those videos?

If you have a way to beat all the competition then go for it.

If you go for it, you have to make YouTube your full time job. You gotta be constantly analyzing and improving your videos. Either go all in on YouTube, or just forget about YouTube and start a business that can provide value right off the bat.
But how? I am just starting out as a web designer. I only need 10 clients to pay me $1000 for a website to make 5 figures a month. It sounds easy. But I can’t just go to a business owner and tell him to pay me $1000 so that I can reach six figures. I need to provide them solutions and results. How are you going to provide self help advice? What will be the difference between you and thousands of people reciting what Hamza and the others already told many years ago? Why would I watch 13 year old you instead of watching an adults who has a lot more experience than me? There are at least one thread about starting a YouTube channel because of Hamza on this forum every single day, yet we haven’t seen them posting good quality videos. This sounds like another form of action faking. People won’t subsribe to your private channel just because you posted some videos. Don’t end up like entitled people on reddit.
Both valid reasons. The subscription thing wont be till later. I want to do youtube videos just to get the word out. If I do end up doing it, it would be after my business becomes successful, if that makes sense.

RayanMargham

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
75%
Aug 14, 2022
I may not be qualified to say this but I will give my two cents

YouTube *might* be Fastlane if you do the following:
1. have a separate fastlane business
2. use youtube to leverage the attention you have and use it to promote your business

You could stop recording videos and for the short term you would be fastlaning and earning money not anchored by your time

RayanMargham

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
75%
Aug 14, 2022
Again though I don't think it'd work in the long term as the channel will lose its momentum and die

Jrjohnny

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
May 18, 2023
I may not be qualified to say this but I will give my two cents

YouTube *might* be Fastlane if you do the following:
1. have a separate fastlane business
2. use youtube to leverage the attention you have and use it to promote your business

You could stop recording videos and for the short term you would be fastlaning and earning money not anchored by your time
Yea, I would be doing that.

Panos Daras

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
147%
Oct 10, 2022
This is akin to saying that the probability of becoming a cash millionaire is below 1% (particularly outside of the richest countries) so why bother.

There's a shit ton of money on YouTube. If you have the skills and the willingness, you can become excellent at it. The challenge is consistently producing better and better content and somehow not burning out after years of doing the same thing.

Reminds me of my old thread with a quote from a decidedly NOT YouTube-era:
You are right man how could I not think about that? I am convinced! Youtube is a magnificent business that fully fulfills the CENTS framework from the get-go. I wish more people these days would just stop trying to start a brick-and-mortar business. I say enough is enough!! More people should go in front of the camera to post content. Society demands more YouTubers!

G

Guest12MW7076

You are right man how could I not think about that? I am convinced! Youtube is a magnificent business that fully fulfills the CENTS framework from the get-go. I wish more people these days would just stop trying to start a brick-and-mortar business. I say enough is enough!! More people should go in front of the camera to post content. Society demands more YouTubers!
what a waste of words, you are pathetic.

Jrjohnny

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
May 18, 2023
Honestly, I didn’t read this part, and now that I think about it. You’ve made a point. Sure he does have to sit in front of a camera. But he can make money from those videos while he’s sleeping, and videos he’s made years ago. I do get your point though.

G

Guest12MW7076

Honestly, I didn’t read this part, and now that I think about it. You’ve made a point. Sure he does have to sit in front of a camera. But he can make money from those videos while he’s sleeping, and videos he’s made years ago. I do get your point though.
Yeah its still ‘easier’ than 99% of the jobs out there. But it’s still mentally taxing since you have to find video ideas, write scripts etc. Youtuber Ali Abdaal once said he was still editing his writers scripts since all videos are attached to his name. so i don’t know about you, but i am 19 and my mind changes about everything every single day. i am sure i don’t want to create myself a business that is directly about me. i think i like selling without my face. i don’t want to be the youtube guy who posts talking head videos even after a decade.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.