The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Is this the right way to talk to customers.

Anything related to matters of the mind

MohamedMazen935

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
10%
Apr 22, 2022
I called the receptionist of the gym I go to ask if they closed because people in our country like half the country are having odd rituals these days and somedays before they were closed because of these same reasons. I called 3 times he answered me on the 3rd call telling me they weren't but I wasn't satisfied with the service I filed a complaint that you should call back customers (MEMBERS) or send a whatsapp message to them he said we aren’t zain or batelco (some of the biggest companies in my country obviously your not if you deal with customers like this) and I could've whatsapped them or checked their Instagram's story we would have announced if closed there which I didn't take into consideration because the last time they closed they didn't post anything. Maybe they could send a conformation message to customers. what do you guys think is this how you run a business.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Aditya Gunjal

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
137%
Jun 24, 2021
Maharashtra, India
I called the receptionist of the gym I go to ask if they closed because people in our country like half the country are having odd rituals these days and somedays before they were closed because of these same reasons. I called 3 times he answered me on the 3rd call telling me they weren't but I wasn't satisfied with the service I filed a complaint that you should call back customers (MEMBERS) or send a whatsapp message to them he said we aren’t zain or batelco (some of the biggest companies in my country obviously your not if you deal with customers like this) and I could've whatsapped them or checked their Instagram's story we would have announced if closed there which I didn't take into consideration because the last time they closed they didn't post anything. Maybe they could send a conformation message to customers. what do you guys think is this how you run a business.
No sir this is definitely not how you treat your customer or at least ideal. First of all, rituals should not be the reason of closing gyms, in my country (india) there are hell lot of festivals but our gym is closed only on Sunday otherwise it is open(i am talking about my gym). Also we have gym's app where we can see if gym is closed.
And the way he talked " we are not big companies to provide you satisfactory customer service" tells you he is either arrogant or he has lot of money because of which he has forgotten the basics of business.

MohamedMazen935

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
10%
Apr 22, 2022
No sir this is definitely not how you treat your customer or at least ideal. First of all, rituals should not be the reason of closing gyms, in my country (india) there are hell lot of festivals but our gym is closed only on Sunday otherwise it is open(i am talking about my gym). Also we have gym's app where we can see if gym is closed.
And the way he talked " we are not big companies to provide you satisfactory customer service" tells you he is either arrogant or he has lot of money because of which he has forgotten the basics of business.
thank you for your high value comment. Having a gym app would be a great idea but sadly its seems (my gym) has no intention of bettering it’s customer service

woken

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
145%
Mar 24, 2021
London, UK
Are you talking about Easter?

Johnny boy

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
631%
May 9, 2017
Washington State

heavy_industry

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
555%
Apr 17, 2022
he said we aren’t zain or batelco (some of the biggest companies in my country
If they have bad customer service, that's their problem, not yours.

They've said they are not one of the best companies, and they clearly don't aim to become that. Again, that's their problem. Different people have different goals and values.

If you don't like the gym for whatever reason and you can find a better alternative, make the switch and vote with your wallet.

Noo

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
Apr 21, 2018
They were irresponsible, unapologetic, stupid, and arrogant. F*ck them.

UK_Mike

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
97%
Sep 10, 2020
North West UK
I think you may be expecting too much for them to call back every single missed call they get. Do they know you're a member, before they answer the phone to you? Maybe the guy was having a bad day - we all have them.

MohamedMazen935

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
10%
Apr 22, 2022
I think you may be expecting too much for them to call back every single missed call they get. Do they know you're a member, before they answer the phone to you? Maybe the guy was having a bad day - we all have them.
I did expect a lot from them because the last gym i went to had a bot whatsapp you when the call wasn’t answered and this gym seemed just as good if not better but the customer service was just trash and i dont think he knew i was a member until we talked.

MohamedMazen935

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
10%
Apr 22, 2022

They've said they are not one of the best companies, and they clearly don't aim to become that. Again, that's their problem. Different people have different goals and values.

If you don't like the gym for whatever reason and you can find a better alternative, make the switch and vote with your wallei

If you don't like the gym for whatever reason and you can find a better alternative, make the switch and vote with your wallet.
i dont really care about if they have good customer service or not to be honest but what really made me think hard is that this receptionist is like the face of their business and hes showing a lot of bad signs
if this was your business what actions would you take

heavy_industry

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
555%
Apr 17, 2022
if this was your business what actions would you take
Hire a proper person to handle customer interactions, and fire them as soon as I discover that they are not fit for their role.

Disagreeable people are fine, as long as they are competent at what they are doing and they work somewhere in the back. But for the front-end you will need a very friendly and polite person to interact with the customers.

Itizn

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
190%
Sep 25, 2019
Colombia
Assuming you start building a business of your own, at a certain point, it'll become clear to you that the majority of businesses are run in a similar, underwhelming fashion.

Which is ultimately an opportunity for you, if you want to take it.

MohamedMazen935

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
10%
Apr 22, 2022
Hire a proper person to handle customer interactions, and fire them as soon as I discover that they are not fit for their role.

Disagreeable people are fine, as long as they are competent at what they are doing and they work somewhere in the back. But for the front-end you will need a very friendly and polite person to interact with the customers.
awesome thanks

MohamedMazen935

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
10%
Apr 22, 2022
Assuming you start building a business of your own, at a certain point, it'll become clear to you that the majority of businesses are run in a similar, underwhelming fashion.

Which is ultimately an opportunity for you, if you want to take it.
great thank you

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.