The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Is this ethical?

MisterBHZ

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
155%
Dec 10, 2013
Memphis, TN
I bought the optimize press plugin for my site to create an opt in page but turns out the OP plugin is incompatible with the theme on my site. My site becomes deformed with the plugin activated.

I didn't want to waste $100. So, I bought a new domain & set up a new site to use specifically for opting in. After someone opts in, they are redirected to my main site which has different domain. I'm going to be using FB ads & adwords to run traffic to the opt in.

Is this ethical?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

JokerCrazyBeatz

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Jun 1, 2016
I bought the optimize press plugin for my site to create an opt in page but turns out the OP plugin is incompatible with the theme on my site. My site becomes deformed with the plugin activated.

I didn't want to waste $100. So, I bought a new domain & set up a new site to use specifically for opting in. After someone opts in, they are redirected to my main site which has different domain. I'm going to be using FB ads & adwords to run traffic to the opt in.

Is this ethical?
Do both the sites have the same thing on it ?

Do they tie together ?

JokerCrazyBeatz

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Jun 1, 2016
They don't have the exact same thing on them but they tie together. Message is the same.
Well as long as you are still saying the same thing on both pages its all good i believe . Unless you are sellin on both pages

LifeTransformer

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
123%
Feb 20, 2015
The only thing that might be unethical is the fact you had to do it this way, and not the way you wanted to.

DaRK9

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
213%
May 23, 2014
Setup a subdomain for the new section rather than an entirely different domain name.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.