The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Is this a viable option opposed to dropshipping

comment

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
20%
Jun 20, 2011
I'm looking to start an ecommercr site that deals in aftermarket/performance parts for a specific car. Probably 50 different manufacturers, and naturally I can't find a company to drop ship these products. I also can't afford to stock all of these since most are over $500 per item. Is there anything wrong with taking a customers order and using their information to buy the product from the manufacturer and have it sent to them? It sounds illegal to me, but essentially it's the same as dropshipping. What would you guys do? I'm COMPLETELY new to selling anything online, so maybe I'm totally on the wrong track. I just need a way to get products to a customer that I can't stock. These are Mercedes performance parts from a bunch of different manufacturers. An example of what I'm trying to put together is (2010 2011 2012 Camaro Parts & Accessories for Sale - Phastek Performance Online Store - Aftermarket Performance & Custom Upgrades for your late model muscle cars. Camaro SS V8 V6 LS LT LS3 L99 ZL1) they stock all their items though...

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.