The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Is this a good way to bootstrap my company?

phicks

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
64%
Feb 11, 2015
Hey guys!

So I have my hands in a couple of different projects right now, but both are ecommerce related.

The first is a supplement company (seems generic, I know) but it's in an up and coming market that I think I can capitalize on with excellent marketing. The second is in the beard care niche.

The question is about the supplement company, though.

Basically, it looks like I'll have to get a manufacturer to make the formula, since I can't find any that have the formula in a private label program.

I did, however, find one bulk supplement manufacturer that makes the product already. It's cheap enough that I could test the market and still profit a little from it, but I'm wondering - what are the risks involved with this?

I'd be getting these capsules in bulk, and then putting them into my own bottles with my own logo and selling them to begin. Does this sound like a bad idea to you guys? Should I just bite the bullet and pay more to get it made at a manufacturer without testing first?

Thanks so much for your help! Can't wait to see what you guys have to say.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

The Racing Driver

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
171%
Apr 20, 2015
UK
I did, however, find one bulk supplement manufacturer that makes the product already. It's cheap enough that I could test the market and still profit a little from it, but I'm wondering - what are the risks involved with this?

I'd be getting these capsules in bulk, and then putting them into my own bottles with my own logo and selling them to begin. Does this sound like a bad idea to you guys? Should I just bite the bullet and pay more to get it made at a manufacturer without testing first?

I don't think buying buying supplements in bulk would be a bad idea at all. Testing the market is a great idea. Don't jump in and spend a heap load of money creating something. Which nobody may end up buying.

The only risk I see... that's if your terms & conditions are all sorted out. Is you end up with a whole load of supplements no one wants to buy.

I've bought supplements before, and I would be extremely hesitant to buy supplements which aren't tested.

What difference would it make to the end user doing that ?

phicks

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
64%
Feb 11, 2015
Thanks for the reply!

So basically I can buy ~ 900 capsules for $100. This doesn't include the bottles I'd have to buy and the label, but I can't imagine they would be that much more.

I'd sell them all in around $15 per bottle. Branding is going to have to be a huge part of this if I'm going to be able to justify the markup, but other players in the space are doing similar things.

The formula in question has been tested many times and shown positive results, so I'm going to include that info on my site and product description.

Thanks again for the help!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.