The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Is there something I can do to increase my views? Or is it just that my idea doesn't solve any need?

Idea threads

Diego M

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
Jan 8, 2016
Long story short...

I've worked with a friend making a YT channel in spanish. It's basically about language learning. We aim to increase the listening skills as well as expand vocabulary of our students/audience by conversation between friends. All the videos have subtiltes so it can facilitate the comprenhension by the learners. My final goal is to have a database of podcast/videos with this approach with not only my native language, but other languages too. Something like (yabla.com) but improved and with real conversations. First, we want to build an audience interested in Mexican Spanish, then move to Spanish worldwide and then with all the languages.

You can see an example of out work here:

The thing that discourages me is the fact that after a month and a half we barely have +70 suscribers and less than 100 views per video.

I posted in reddit and got 50 suscribers in one day. Received 10 feedbacks, all positive. Have sent indivual tweets to people learning spanish, same with facebook but haven't had any succes in these social medias. I tried with keyword research and still, no views.

I do want to read your opinions: Is there something We can do to increase our views/suscribers? Any good reading? The niche is so small that the idea is worthless? It's a matter of patience?

Thanks for reading Fastlaners

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

AllenCrawley

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
420%
Oct 13, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ
I believe Gary Vaynerchuk was doing his winelibrarytv videos on his YT channel nearly every day for over 1.5 years before getting any traction. Are you that committed?

AllenCrawley

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
420%
Oct 13, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ
I believe Gary Vaynerchuk was doing his winelibrarytv videos on his YT channel nearly every day for over 1.5 years before getting any traction. Are you that committed?
Watch the entire video but the part where he talks about his YT videos starts at the 3:00 minute mark.

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
If the content is great (which you say it is), you can use paid youtube traffic to promote your videos.

adwords.google.com

When a person searches for a specific search term....your video will appear at the top.

Sure way to increase views....where it goes to from there is a different story.

Diego M

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
Jan 8, 2016
"The Compound Effect" by Darren Hardy
Thanks man, I'll read it, sounds interesting.

Are you that committed?
Thanks for the video, I know what the patience is, I've played many tournaments of chess and still get tempted by the idea of the immediate outcome. Having said this, I'll have patience and keep doing it.

If the content is great (which you say it is)
Well, is not only what I said but what other 10 people (not family members nor friends) think of my content. Thanks for the resource I really appreciate it. Do you think is too soon for doing this or shall I wait until I have much more content?

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
Do you think is too soon for doing this or shall I wait until I have much more content?
I don't know how to answer that without first understanding your goals with the campaign?

Do you want to use paid traffic to go there and get subscribers for now?
Do you want to put something in place to capture their emails?

Is the end marketing goal attainable now?

Do you want to build up your brand now or later?

Diego M

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
Jan 8, 2016
Do you want to use paid traffic to go there and get subscribers for now?

That's exactly what I want: build an audience in YT, that's the most important thing now. After having a considerable amount of subscribers I'll start capturing emails. The only thing is that I don't know wheter this is the best approach or I should just wait.

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
That's exactly what I want: build an audience in YT, that's the most important thing now. After having a considerable amount of subscribers I'll start capturing emails. The only thing is that I don't know wheter this is the best approach or I should just wait.

In google adwords, you can have people who view your videos be added to a remarking list - so when someone watches your video, you can continue to advertise to them throughout the Google Display/youTube networks. It might work for search too - but I haven't used it for that yet.

Either way - keep putting out quality content that your audience can relate to.

Aaron W

^‿^
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
121%
Nov 25, 2015
Toronto
YouTube ranks videos on time watched (I believe).

Figure out some smart ways to increase your view time on your video.

You ultimately want people to stay the full length as obvious as it sounds.

The higher then rank = more views.

Possible ways:

• Introduce something at the very start that will be discussed at the end, cliff hanger style
  • Annotations letting people know there important information throughout the video and to not miss it
  • Basically scarcity tactics or you can add value to make viewers watch longer

I have a personal experience that if someone captures me to watch a whole video of theirs over 3 minutes, I'm inclined to subscribe.

Otherwise, as mentioned google ads for YouTube search terms is a great way to gain exposure.

Best of luck!

Donovon

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
217%
Apr 8, 2015
Sunnyvale, California
Long story short...

I've worked with a friend making a YT channel in spanish. It's basically about language learning. We aim to increase the listening skills as well as expand vocabulary of our students/audience by conversation between friends. All the videos have subtiltes so it can facilitate the comprenhension by the learners. My final goal is to have a database of podcast/videos with this approach with not only my native language, but other languages too. Something like (yabla.com) but improved and with real conversations. First, we want to build an audience interested in Mexican Spanish, then move to Spanish worldwide and then with all the languages.

You can see an example of out work here:

The thing that discourages me is the fact that after a month and a half we barely have +70 suscribers and less than 100 views per video.

I posted in reddit and got 50 suscribers in one day. Received 10 feedbacks, all positive. Have sent indivual tweets to people learning spanish, same with facebook but haven't had any succes in these social medias. I tried with keyword research and still, no views.

I do want to read your opinions: Is there something We can do to increase our views/suscribers? Any good reading? The niche is so small that the idea is worthless? It's a matter of patience?

Thanks for reading Fastlaners

I have some experience building a Youtube channel entirely from organic growth. It's not huge by any means but I get about 14,000 views/ month. It took me a few months of consistently putting out content to start getting some traction though. Here's what I learned off my channel:

1. Content. Your content needs to be really good and effective, if it's not, you're not going to get anywhere. Seriously. Focus on creating a really good show or series that users can come to regularly knowing what to expect.

2. Use google adwords keyword planning tool to find low competition keywords and decent search volume and start creating your metadata (title, description, tags, etc) around these keywords. They don't match up perfectly to Youtube search volume but it's close enough. It's also easier than you might think to start stealing organic traffic on Youtube.
Screen Shot 2016-02-14 at 7.23.54 PM.png

3. When I started my channel I was in all kinds of forums and various communities for the topic, promoting my channel and getting feedback as to topics and struggle points people were looking at. These people not only helped me create better content, they also became my subscribers and supporters.

4. A consistent release schedule is KEY. I was on and off because my channel wasn't originally meant to be a business, but when I was really consistent, my growth was astronomically higher than when I was all over the place.

5. Make sure you have a call to action asking people to subscribe. It makes a world of difference.

You'll find that as you post more videos, your channel starts to compound upon itself. At this stage, I'd highly recommend focusing on making more videos. Then move into promotion. That way when you promote a video it has the potential of a ripple effect. A lot of people won't subscribe until they've watched multiple videos.

Oh, and my niche was teaching rap music (as a white guy with no albums). So if I built my channel with no credentials, windows movie maker, and a half-assed release schedule you should be fine haha. Feel free to PM me if you want to discuss further.

Edit: Oh yeah! Make sure you make custom Thumbnails that are appealing and clickable. I switched my Thumbnails and increased my organic traffic 15+% over the next month. It makes a huge difference for organic search.

Last edited:

Diego M

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
Jan 8, 2016
In google adwords, you can have people who view your videos be added to a remarking list - so when someone watches your video, you can continue to advertise to them throughout the Google Display/youTube networks. It might work for search too - but I haven't used it for that yet.

Thanks for this! N

Diego M

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
Jan 8, 2016

Thanks for this! No doubt that everyday you learn something new. I didn't know about this. I decided to wait until I have more content and in the meantime I'll learn more about SEO.

YouTube ranks videos on time watched (I believe).

I totally forgot about this important point. I'll figure out a way to keep my audience engaged wiht the videos. Thanks Aaron!

I have some experience building a Youtube channel entirely from organic growth. It's not huge by any means but I get about 14,000 views/ month. It took me a few months of consistently putting out content to start getting some traction though. Here's what I learned off my channel:

1. Content. Your content needs to be really good and effective, if it's not, you're not going to get anywhere. Seriously. Focus on creating a really good show or series that users can come to regularly knowing what to expect.

2. Use google adwords keyword planning tool to find low competition keywords and decent search volume and start creating your metadata (title, description, tags, etc) around these keywords. They don't match up perfectly to Youtube search volume but it's close enough. It's also easier than you might think to start stealing organic traffic on Youtube.

3. When I started my channel I was in all kinds of forums and various communities for the topic, promoting my channel and getting feedback as to topics and struggle points people were looking at. These people not only helped me create better content, they also became my subscribers and supporters.

4. A consistent release schedule is KEY. I was on and off because my channel wasn't originally meant to be a business, but when I was really consistent, my growth was astronomically higher than when I was all over the place.

5. Make sure you have a call to action asking people to subscribe. It makes a world of difference.

You'll find that as you post more videos, your channel starts to compound upon itself. At this stage, I'd highly recommend focusing on making more videos. Then move into promotion. That way when you promote a video it has the potential of a ripple effect. A lot of people won't subscribe until they've watched multiple videos.

Oh, and my niche was teaching rap music (as a white guy with no albums). So if I built my channel with no credentials, windows movie maker, and a half-assed release schedule you should be fine haha. Feel free to PM me if you want to discuss further.

Edit: Oh yeah! Make sure you make custom Thumbnails that are appealing and clickable. I switched my Thumbnails and increased my organic traffic 15+% over the next month. It makes a huge difference for organic search.

Wow! I really appreciate this, this really motivates me to keep going. There's a lot to improve with my channel but this surelly will help grow my audience. I can't thank enough Donovon!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Jeremy Groover

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
107%
Nov 26, 2014
Orlando Florida
It appears that you already started with social media. You have to keep flooding social media with it. Try different hash tags on your instagram ect. posts that are relevant with whats going on in the world. My favorite is [HASHTAG]#hilaryforprison[/HASHTAG] but we wont go there. You ahve to keep at it. Then you will start getting word of mouth through the subscribers ect. It may take a bit to get rolling but you have to be persistent without spamming. Keep at it!

Justin Gesso

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
134%
Jun 4, 2014
Colorado
I would certainly recommend capturing emails. Think of it as a service you can offer your audience. It's another way for your audience to stay connected with you. You offer email, social media, and YT subscription. What legit service out there doesn't use email as a channel?

Relying on your users to follow you on social media or come back to your content by subscribing to your channel doesn't cover you. There are plenty of people out there that like to be notified of new content by email.

Say you have 5,000 people on your list and you send a regular email with updates on new content. If 20% of those people come to check out some of your content, that's 1,000 people hitting your videos all at once. Having an email list is massively valuable...you can push out offers and updates and be practically guaranteed some percentage will take action each time. And if you're offering real value, your email list will grow very quickly.

As noted above, there's a line between providing value and spamming. You just need to find the right mix for your audience.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.