The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Is the unprecedented economic recovery a false flag? Boom or bust?

Knowledgefactry

Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
88%
Jan 28, 2021
After watching The Big Short, I realized there is a lot of parallels with today’s economic conditions as that of those which led up to the 2008 Financial Crises.

While news outlets champion economic recovery and reopening, it seems like a lot of the woes of the recent covid pandemic are just being shoved under the rug. Maybe I’m just primed to think that way and the movie I watched didn’t help my negative outlook, would love to hear real opinions from people in the field (I am in college so the opinions I am exposed to on a regular basis are trash)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Knowledgefactry

Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
88%
Jan 28, 2021
After watching The Big Short, I realized there is a lot of parallels with today’s economic conditions as that of those which led up to the 2008 Financial Crises.

While news outlets champion economic recovery and reopening, it seems like a lot of the woes of the recent covid pandemic are just being shoved under the rug. Maybe I’m just primed to think that way and the movie I watched didn’t help my negative outlook, would love to hear real opinions from people in the field (I am in college so the opinions I am exposed to on a regular basis are trash)
The only real opinions I am exposed to is that of customers in the shipping container industry, whom I sell to with my job. Nothing but bad news ever comes from our conversations when I poke around to get answers from them

Bekit

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Aug 13, 2018
The only real opinions I am exposed to is that of customers in the shipping container industry, whom I sell to with my job. Nothing but bad news ever comes from our conversations when I poke around to get answers from them
Interesting.

What kinds of things are you hearing?

Knowledgefactry

Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
88%
Jan 28, 2021
Interesting.

The over all cost of living is skyrocketing. Relative price of goods is up significantly from a year ago. While a lot of that has to do with the economy shutting down and supply chain disruption, my thoughts are is that simply a hiccup or a transition to a new baseline?

Interesting.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
492%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
The entire world, as we know it today, is a fed driven malinvestment of epic proportions. Nothing is as it seems, but it also is as it seems.

I know that sounds counterintuitive, but it’s reality. The malinvestment is real, the bears are right, but they’ve gotten crushed throughout history. The best advice I can give is be ready for anything.

Our entire economy is like a well built brick building on a foundation of sand. We have all made what we think are solid plays, and they probably are, and will continue to be, until they aren’t.

Unemployment is still high. Economies are still locked down. Stuff is not moving like it was 18 months ago, yet, all time highs.

The market recovering ≠ the economy recovering.

Last edited:

socaldude

Saturn Sedan and PT Cruiser enthusiast.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
212%
Jan 10, 2012
San Diego, CA
More like unprecedented money printing. There’s is a difference between real economic growth where jobs are created and prices get cheaper because of economies of scale and a central bank printing money. Yes printing money helps but there is a flip side with negative consequences.

As of right now the American dream is dead and this country is in accelerated decline. Anybody who tells you otherwise is blowing smoke up your arse.

Last edited:

Spino

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
132%
Jan 26, 2019
There is a lot to discuss about it
If you see the FACTS:
- Markets hitting new highs after almost a year of significant economic distruption, HOW?
- Building materials raising in cost, blame the supply chain or maybe, INFLATION
- Trillions of dollars handed out to people and especially corporations, bailing out crooks
- Unemployment still high
- Uncountable businesses shut down, for good, look around the streets of most cities, I can see LEASE signs everywhere, retail is not doing well

Media is telling the story that the economy is doing great but the reality is that they are faking the numbers. Obviously they can't tell the true story and create panic.
The K shape recovery is the situation I see, Rich getting richer and poor getting poorer, even if you have a good job with steady salary your purchasing power is tanking.

I can't tell what will happen but the markets will need to find a new equilibrium. Can't only go up. Markets and Economic Reality are very disconnected at the moment.

Kid

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Mar 1, 2016
If you really want to know then look up purchasing power of dollar and measure things like GDP or market based on that.
I'm not into math but printing 5 or more trillion dollars decreases purchasing power. Calculate, check, decide.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.