The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Is the oppurtunity to get rich window actually closing?

Anything related to matters of the mind

john_paul1802

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
73%
Jun 24, 2023
Recently, I discovered a concerning trend on social media, particularly YouTube. Finance YouTubers predict the demise of the middle class within a few years, claiming that non-wealthy individuals will be trapped in lifelong poverty. One big guy, Iman Gadzhi, says that a controlling elite will make earning money impossible in about two years (which is kind off his conspiracy theorie). This worries me, especially since I'm young and lack sufficient time to learn the necessary skills. While I've read "The Millionaire Fastlane " and "The 4-Hour Workweek," and have some coding knowledge, I fear being stuck in poverty and raising my children in the same situation. However, I believe that where there are problems, there are also solutions, offering the potential for financial success by following the C-E-N-T-S model. Your thoughts and replies would be greatly appreciated as they can provide valuable insight.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

BigRomeDawg

Gold Contributor
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
224%
Jan 22, 2014
Canada/USA
Is he selling you a solution to it? (buy my course so you can get rich before the elites make it impossible)

Is it useful for you to believe that is true? What'll get you further, pessimism or optimism? I obviously have an opinion on that but it's up for you to decide your own outlook.

john_paul1802

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
73%
Jun 24, 2023
Is he selling you a solution to it? (buy my course so you can get rich before the elites make it impossible)

Is it useful for you to believe that is true? What'll get you further, pessimism or optimism? I obviously have an opinion on that but it's up for you to decide your own outlook.
He promotes an SMMA (social media marketing agency) as the ultimate business model, where you offer services like copywriting and social media management to local businesses or e-commerce brands. However, this approach doesn't work for most viewers since they lack the necessary skills, like Google Ads. He conveniently leaves out this detail. At the end of his funnel, he offers his full agency navigator course for a hefty $2999, claiming it's a surefire way to success. Clearly, the main source of his income wasn't the content or products he sold (that was ironc)

Subsonic

How you do anything is how you do everything
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
282%
Aug 16, 2022
Germany
Recently, I discovered a concerning trend on social media, particularly YouTube. Finance YouTubers predict the demise of the middle class within a few years, claiming that non-wealthy individuals will be trapped in lifelong poverty. One big guy, Iman Gadzhi, says that a controlling elite will make earning money impossible in about two years (which is kind off his conspiracy theorie). This worries me, especially since I'm young and lack sufficient time to learn the necessary skills. While I've read "The Millionaire Fastlane " and "The 4-Hour Workweek," and have some coding knowledge, I fear being stuck in poverty and raising my children in the same situation. However, I believe that where there are problems, there are also solutions, offering the potential for financial success by following the C-E-N-T-S model. Your thoughts and replies would be greatly appreciated as they can provide valuable insight.
He is clearly lying to create scarcity. Saying "You only have x years left" is simply another textbook sales tactic.

If you stop for a second and think about business not in this etheric "make money thing" but more like a real world person it's all fine. People will still need windows cleaned in ten years and they will still enjoy cookies. Yeah sure, in a few decades ai might turn everything on its head but that's not in two years.

Also to iman, his predictions have all been F*cking wrong so far. He said that about half or more of the people who got the covid vaccine would die within 6 months...

Out of all the gurus he is someone I really dislike since he truly provides nothing. "Oh look at my rich lifestyle my viewers finance" here buy this course to get rich. If you actually check his real net worth it adds up to about what he made with his course and nft sales (5 million).

Please don't listen to that guy.

john_paul1802

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
73%
Jun 24, 2023
He is clearly lying to create scarcity. Saying "You only have x years left" is simply another textbook sales tactic.

If you stop for a second and think about business not in this etheric "make money thing" but more like a real world person it's all fine. People will still need windows cleaned in ten years and they will still enjoy cookies. Yeah sure, in a few decades ai might turn everything on its head but that's not in two years.

Also to iman, his predictions have all been F*cking wrong so far. He said that about half or more of the people who got the covid vaccine would die within 6 months...

Out of all the gurus he is someone I really dislike since he truly provides nothing. "Oh look at my rich lifestyle my viewers finance" here buy this course to get rich. If you actually check his real net worth it adds up to about what he made with his course and nft sales (5 million).

Please don't listen to that guy.
Thanks bro. That really helped me.

Matt33

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
429%
Apr 14, 2013
FL
He promotes an SMMA (social media marketing agency) as the ultimate business model, where you offer services like copywriting and social media management to local businesses or e-commerce brands. However, this approach doesn't work for most viewers since they lack the necessary skills, like Google Ads. He conveniently leaves out this detail. At the end of his funnel, he offers his full agency navigator course for a hefty $2999, claiming it's a surefire way to success. Clearly, the main source of his income wasn't the content or products he sold (that was ironc)
I have an ecommerce business and I get never ending emails all day long of people trying to pitch these services. I can do them myself just fine, and it is not a ton of value they are offering. Just an easy to dissect business model that too many people have gotten into.

Try focusing on solving problems with products or other issues which people are willing to pay. This can be as simple as slightly improving an already popular product to solve a widespread problem.
Give people something that they might actually want. You need to work very hard to differentiate yourself above all competition and become the clear choice for purchase.

WJK

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
257%
Oct 9, 2017
Alaska
There's more opportunity now than I have ever seen in my lifetime. Yeah, I'm a senior citizen. When I was a young woman, we had gatekeepers, and the world was limited for most people. You couldn't publish your own book without finding a publisher. You had to go to school for most educational experiences and someone else decided if you could go. Now you can go online and the world's knowledge is there at your fingertips. To start a business, you had to have a location, inventory, and money in your hand. Now you can start with an idea. Women were barred from most careers and loans, as well as credit cards. Oh, and they had no birth control so they had lots of babies whether they were ready or not. The playing field is so level compared to the past.

Have you read the story of "Chicken Little"? The sky was always falling in that children's story. Is your sky really falling? Or is this guy trying to sell you something that you don't need to make himself a buck?

Dockid

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
168%
Aug 23, 2022
He is just trying to sell his shitty course. A guy I know bought it for $1.5k and let me log in to his account to check it out. I was expecting it to be trash but I was surprised that it was even worse then expected, complete dogshit. Hours of useless 'mindset' training.

john_paul1802

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
73%
Jun 24, 2023
There's more opportunity now than I have ever seen in my lifetime. Yeah, I'm a senior citizen. When I was a young woman, we had gatekeepers, and the world was limited for most people. You couldn't publish your own book without finding a publisher. You had to go to school for most educational experiences and someone else decided if you could go. Now you can go online and the world's knowledge is there at your fingertips. To start a business, you had to have a location, inventory, and money in your hand. Now you can start with an idea. Women were barred from most careers and loans, as well as credit cards. Oh, and they had no birth control so they had lots of babies whether they were ready or not. The playing field is so level compared to the past.

Have you read the story of "Chicken Little"? The sky was always falling in that children's story. Is your sky really falling? Or is this guy trying to sell you something that you don't need to make himself a buck?
The story with the chicken is a good anecdote. I think that I was that chicken. The opportunities are there. I just need to find them and work my a$$ off to turn them into a fastlane business.

Runum

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Aug 8, 2007
DFW, Texas
That yt algorithm is tough. It will feed you more of what you watch.

I agree with @WJK. You carry all the world's knowledge and resources in your cell phone.

They have been predicting the end of it all since before I was born. One day they might be right. However, you will waste your life living in fear of what might be.

WJK

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
257%
Oct 9, 2017
Alaska
That yt algorithm is tough. It will feed you more of what you watch.

I agree with @WJK. You carry all the world's knowledge and resources in your cell phone.

They have been predicting the end of it all since before I was born. One day they might be right. However, you will waste your life living in fear of what might be.
There have always been people who were waiting for the end of the world. Groups have assembled on the top of a mountain to wait for that end to come. The members of these groups had sold everything they had before they joined the group in their perch. NEWS FLASH! They sat there for a while... nothing happened... and then they had to come down from their mountain... to resume their lives... without their former possessions... and former belief system. How humiliating and life-changing to experience that total disappointment!

WJK

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
257%
Oct 9, 2017
Alaska
The story with the chicken is a good anecdote. I think that I was that chicken. The opportunities are there. I just need to find them and work my a$$ off to turn them into a fastlane business.
You don't have to find a big opportunity. Little ones count too. You must start. Yes, it's just that simple.

The-J

Dog Dad
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Aug 28, 2011
Ontario
One window closes, another opens. That's how opportunity works... but people have gotten rich in every period of human history. In the best of times and in the worst of times, there are people who win and win big. That won't change. But what will you do?

Johnny boy

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
631%
May 9, 2017
Washington State
That’s a great question.

No.

You probably spend too much time online and think the only businesses that exist are SMMA, FBA, Buying crypto, and being an influencer.

look at this list

Read through all of the industries and sub industries. Why not one of those real businesses? Oh, because some tik tocker didn’t make a video about how much money it makes? Because the guy who owns a company in these industries is 50 and makes 7 mil a year and doesn’t post things online to get you to buy his course on manufacturing.

JordanK

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
293%
Feb 17, 2014
Ireland
For most of human history up until 100 years ago where you were born and who you were born to were massive determinants of how successful you were in life.

The modern middle class is an anomaly.

If you were born a peasant 200 years ago, you'd die a peasant.

Make the most of the opportunities of your current place of birth and current time in history.

Maybe these opportunities won't last forever, maybe A.I will take most of the worlds job and entrench a class system more similar to the 1700-1800's based on families or some other structure. Maybe land/house prices will push to even further heights and it'll be the renters and the owners.

That time hasn't arrived yet. So get to work.

Saad Khan

Amazon Ads Guy
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
177%
Mar 14, 2021
Pakistan
He is just trying to sell his shitty course. A guy I know bought it for $1.5k and let me log in to his account to check it out. I was expecting it to be trash but I was surprised that it was even worse then expected, complete dogshit. Hours of useless 'mindset' training.
Lol a friend bought a 10k course and when he let me log in and I saw the content, I realized he just repackaged Alex Hormozi's free book into a $10k course. The course's unique sauce was "work with the agencies that are working with your dream clients"

Dogshit.

WJK

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
257%
Oct 9, 2017
Alaska
Lol a friend bought a 10k course and when he let me log in and I saw the content, I realized he just repackaged Alex Hormozi's free book into a $10k course. The course's unique sauce was "work with the agencies that are working with your dream clients"

Dogshit.
I had a guy try to sell me a course for $399.00 this week. It was based on another guy's classic book. I bought the audiobook for $13.00 and listened to the whole thing yesterday while I was working and running errands.

23Infinity

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
111%
Jan 4, 2019
Canada
I had a guy try to sell me a course for $399.00 this week. It was based on another guy's classic book. I bought the audiobook for $13.00 and listened to the whole thing yesterday while I was working and running errands.

How were you able to figure out the course was based on the respective book? Was just like blindingly obvious (e.g. the course was called "How To Acquire Friends and Convince People" and hence the book is obvious) or is there some sort of method to doing this?

Seem like it would be a useful skill (or tool) if one was able to reverse engineer which bullshit guru courses are re-packaged versions of which existing books/content.

WJK

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
257%
Oct 9, 2017
Alaska
How were you able to figure out the course was based on the respective book? Was just like blindingly obvious (e.g. the course was called "How To Acquire Friends and Convince People" and hence the book is obvious) or is there some sort of method to doing this?

Seem like it would be a useful skill (or tool) if one was able to reverse engineer which bullshit guru courses are re-packaged versions of which existing books/content.
The guy who wrote the book was famous for being the father of the whole movement, and he died long ago. The course was advertised as being the application of the writer's principles. (I listen to books rather than read them these days. I've had cataract surgery in both eyes twice.) I didn't know IF it would be available on Audible due to the age of the book. It was there so I purchased it.

Your question is a good one. The basic concepts have been out there for years and years. They have been retold and repackaged time and time again. I listen to books and podcasts all the time, so I recognize the classic themes. They are glaringly obvious due to my extensive exposure.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.