The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Is the new normal now the normal and making sense of it all

Taylor02

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
400%
Jul 22, 2021
As our world changes I believe we will be in for a rough few years followed by many new opportunities.
Part of joining this forum is to make sure I am around enough like minded people to learn from, maybe collaborate with and take advantage of what is coming.

The last year and half has been a struggle as the gym I own was closed due to Covid. Luckily I also have a healthcare business that kept me going and supported the gym until it recently re-opened. As a consequence I am starting a new online business selling courses to provide a third income and a business that can't be shut should further lockdowns occur.
I have also written a book that compliments the online business. The book was actually sent to my publisher today and all being well will be printed this year.

Online is new to me and something I've avoided as I don't understand how the business world works virtually. Here's hoping this forum and @MJ DeMarco can help me learn and thrive in this area.

Personally I am mid life and lucky to be engaged to a beautiful Polish lady who helps me with everything I need. I love the fact she is from a different culture and has different values and ethics. I am learning her language and enjoying this immensely. Both her & I have daughters from previous relationships and we have a daughter between us. We are also expecting our fourth child and I have everything crossed it's a boy!! (We find out in a few weeks time)

I live a stones throw from a lovely beach and have just bought a house with a lovely sea view. Most days I am either walking or running along the coastline and often work from the beach (weather permitting). My aim is to buy a second home abroad (hot and sunny) within 3-5 year max and divide my time between both countries escaping the UK's winter months.

Building the online business is part of the plan as I can easily run it from anywhere in the world. I don't have to many hobbies these days but enjoy reading about investing in Bitcoin, Gold & Silver.

Life is hectic looking after all my girls but enjoyable. I have a good life and an exciting future to look forward too.

Here's hoping to meet some nice people through this forum and continue with my life long education.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Welcome to the forum and thanks for the introduction.

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 8, 2019
Singapore
As our world changes I believe we will be in for a rough few years followed by many new opportunities.
Part of joining this forum is to make sure I am around enough like minded people to learn from, maybe collaborate with and take advantage of what is coming.

The last year and half has been a struggle as the gym I own was closed due to Covid. Luckily I also have a healthcare business that kept me going and supported the gym until it recently re-opened. As a consequence I am starting a new online business selling courses to provide a third income and a business that can't be shut should further lockdowns occur.
I have also written a book that compliments the online business. The book was actually sent to my publisher today and all being well will be printed this year.

Online is new to me and something I've avoided as I don't understand how the business world works virtually. Here's hoping this forum and @MJ DeMarco can help me learn and thrive in this area.

Personally I am mid life and lucky to be engaged to a beautiful Polish lady who helps me with everything I need. I love the fact she is from a different culture and has different values and ethics. I am learning her language and enjoying this immensely. Both her & I have daughters from previous relationships and we have a daughter between us. We are also expecting our fourth child and I have everything crossed it's a boy!! (We find out in a few weeks time)

I live a stones throw from a lovely beach and have just bought a house with a lovely sea view. Most days I am either walking or running along the coastline and often work from the beach (weather permitting). My aim is to buy a second home abroad (hot and sunny) within 3-5 year max and divide my time between both countries escaping the UK's winter months.

Building the online business is part of the plan as I can easily run it from anywhere in the world. I don't have to many hobbies these days but enjoy reading about investing in Bitcoin, Gold & Silver.

Life is hectic looking after all my girls but enjoyable. I have a good life and an exciting future to look forward too.

Here's hoping to meet some nice people through this forum and continue with my life long education.
I buy into the idea that the new normal will stay for quite a few years and everything will be transformed to some extend. Don’t expect things to go normal anytime soon.

The best case scenario of things going back to the old normal as quickly as possible is to have both scenario A 1) global vaccination rate reaching a satisfactory level and 2) vaccination proven a strong enough protection against new infection, severe complication and protection against new variants.

(2 )from the evidence so far is dubious now, and (1 )looks taking equally long time. Vaccine surely helps but it is unlikely to give a country confidence to let the whole world come in with no restriction after vaccincation.

Time and time there will be governments running out of money to pay people to stay at home and outbreaks will happen and this will create ripple effects in other countries trying to contain it.

So the following must happen for things to be back to good old days.
1) Better vaccines must be developed
2) Better drug treatment for covid must be developed
3) Cost must be driven low to be affordable to most of the world

Three years look like a best case scenario.

I think from a business point of view our concern is whatever infrastructure investment that has been designed for covid will they irrelevant anytime soon.

Well i don't think so. Definitely for business practice that save cost even without covid.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...