- Joined
- Aug 3, 2016
- Messages
- 61
Rep Bank
$680
$680
User Power: 238%
I've been looking into starting something that actually provides value but for some odd reason, my mind goes completely blank when thinking about starting a business or having a business idea. That being said, I've been thinking of doing a design sprint (AKA lean startup) in order to start a new online business. However, I'd like to have some input before I actually starting something new.
How it Actually Works
So basically for those who did not read Lean Start Up by Eric Rie, it goes along the line of focusing on the demand rather than the supply. In other words, instead of doing the traditional method (market research, raising capital, invest in capital expenditures, inventory etc) and hope that your business eventually reaches potential output and overall, focusing on supplying, you build according to the demand by building an MVP (minimum Viable Product), get it out in the market and re-iterate asap according to market demands.
My Idea
Build a website for an XYZ market=> drive traffic and get user engagement=> put surveys and try to get as much feedback as possible=> build a product or service accordingly.
So basically I'll try building a platform before getting an idea. I tried getting into creating a program/online course before and took tons of time/money to do so only to learn that it was very unpopular. As such, doing the opposite and go hunting for a need first and then building accordingly sounds a lot more promising (I hope lol). Any thoughts?
How it Actually Works
So basically for those who did not read Lean Start Up by Eric Rie, it goes along the line of focusing on the demand rather than the supply. In other words, instead of doing the traditional method (market research, raising capital, invest in capital expenditures, inventory etc) and hope that your business eventually reaches potential output and overall, focusing on supplying, you build according to the demand by building an MVP (minimum Viable Product), get it out in the market and re-iterate asap according to market demands.
My Idea
Build a website for an XYZ market=> drive traffic and get user engagement=> put surveys and try to get as much feedback as possible=> build a product or service accordingly.
So basically I'll try building a platform before getting an idea. I tried getting into creating a program/online course before and took tons of time/money to do so only to learn that it was very unpopular. As such, doing the opposite and go hunting for a need first and then building accordingly sounds a lot more promising (I hope lol). Any thoughts?
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
