The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Is the Fastlane only business?

Anything related to matters of the mind

RadioActive

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
147%
Mar 12, 2014
Maryland
Does the fastlane have to be just business? Or can it be something you enjoy doing everyday.

I've come to realization that, I don't like the idea of running a business. I just like the idea of income that allows you to move to bigger and better things that you want to do.

I've always, wanted to race cars. You know, Indycar, F1, Le mans, Cup racing, etc. So would it still be the fastlane if someone were to build a small business that requires little to no input personally after a few months, and provide enough income so they can pursue say, racing cars, surfing, weightlifting,etc. ?

Just a thought that came through my head. I don't want my life to be surrounded in the business world. I just want to do what I love and forget about the world.

(Sorry if this thread is irrelevant or covered already)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

AustinS28

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
240%
Sep 25, 2014
Manhattan, NY
I think that's the dream for most...build a business that eventually generates enough passive income to allow you to do whatever you want whenever you want.

RadioActive

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
147%
Mar 12, 2014
Maryland
Separating your time from your money? That's absolutely fastlane.
Oh okay, thank you.

I actually haven't seen anybody talk about why they are really going into business on here. All I see are people talking about their businesses.

EDIT: I just want to see what people are really passionate about. Because I know it's not good to go start a business off your passions. But at some point you still want to pursue those passions.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

SenGracic

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Feb 12, 2015
Canada
For some people their business and the time they invest in it it's exactly what they love and want to do with their ''free'' time.
Money is just a plus.

alwayshungryleh

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
124%
Jun 29, 2015
I think what you're interested is the passivity of business systems.

In my opinion, think content systems (passivity grade B+), royalties.
Writing a book.
Inventing and licensing.
Blogs and youtube.

Look up MJ's book again for the five fastlane seedlings.

Edit: not sure about the passion thing. When you have no plan, any plan is good.
So if the business you're pursuing is part of your passion, okay good!
If the business you're pursuing isn't part of your passion, okay doesn't matter.

For me I think it's better to focus on creating value no matter what your passion is. The world cares about value creation, not your passion.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.