The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Is the company i'm looking at a success?

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

fishburn7

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
58%
Nov 7, 2013
If anyone has been following my older posts I have been doing a ton of market research lately. I've been finding a company, finding their price point and niche, and investigating their marketing strategies, but I'm missing one huge part of the equation.

How can I tell if this company is making money?

In my case, most of these companies are working through an eCommerce site, and very few are available anywhere but their website (opportunity).

Is there any way to tell if these eCommerce sites are actually profitable?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

theag

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
Jan 19, 2012
Is there any way to tell if these eCommerce sites are actually profitable?

No. Not from the outside, except if they share those numbers anywhere.

You can make an educated guess by looking at their marketing and buying from them.

What exactly are you researching? Do you want to buy a business or copy one?

fishburn7

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
58%
Nov 7, 2013
I guess you could say I'd like to copy a business, but not exactly. My idea is in no way new, but I think I can hit a different niche that the competitors that i've found, and I think I can even provide a better product, marketed better, at nearly the same price point.

right now, I know that some of the competitors are sourcing from alibaba, so I know what their unit cost is. I also know what they're selling for. So I know their income per unit. I don't know, however, what their sales volume is like.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.