The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Is the business idea worth pursuing?

Idea threads

Nungari

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
25%
Mar 21, 2024
Kenya
Hey team, I recently visited a very remote place in Kenya and one challenge that I saw people facing was the lack of an internet service provider, for me I saw it as a business opportunity to provide the areas within with internet since the only option that can work work in such remote areas it's very expensive. I have no knowledge in networking but I have decided to learn the skills so that I can utilize the Fastlane commandment of control rather than depending on other internet service providers to supply me with internet and then I can provide to the rural areas, I need your suggestions guys on whether the business idea is worth the pursuit?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

AlFarquhar

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
60%
Apr 2, 2024
Hey team, I recently visited a very remote place in Kenya and one challenge that I saw people facing was the lack of an internet service provider, for me I saw it as a business opportunity to provide the areas within with internet since the only option that can work work in such remote areas it's very expensive. I have no knowledge in networking but I have decided to learn the skills so that I can utilize the Fastlane commandment of control rather than depending on other internet service providers to supply me with internet and then I can provide to the rural areas, I need your suggestions guys on whether the business idea is worth the pursuit?
Hey there, I thought I'd use NOTABLE! - IDEA - EXECUTION - Go Fastlane with ChatGPT: Full Guide + Free Prompts (Zero Excuses to Succeed) to come up with more insight on this idea that might help you out:

Using TheB.AI - Your All-In-One AI Platform

Prompt:
Generate digital startup ideas based on the pain of the people. For example, when I say "I recently visited a very remote place in Kenya and one challenge that I saw people facing was the lack of an internet service provider", you generate a business plan for the digital startup complete with idea name, a short one liner, target user persona, user's pain points to solve, main value propositions, sales & marketing channels, revenue stream sources, cost structures, key activities, key resources, key partners, idea validation steps, estimated 1st year cost of operation, and potential business challenges to look for. Write the result in a markdown table.

The result:
CategoryDetails
Idea NameConnectPoint
One LinerBridging the digital divide: Providing remote regions in Kenya with reliable internet services
Target User PersonaResidents in remote areas of Kenya without access to reliable internet services
User's Pain Points to SolveLack of access to internet services, hindering communication, education, and economic opportunities.
Main Value PropositionsReliable and affordable internet connectivity in previously underserved areas.
Sales and Marketing ChannelsLocal community outreach, partnerships with local businesses, social media marketing.
Revenue Stream SourcesSubscription fees for internet service, partnership agreements with local businesses for sponsorships/advertisements.
Cost StructuresInfrastructure development, equipment setup, maintenance costs, marketing expenses.
Key ActivitiesInfrastructure setup, service provision, customer support, community engagement.
Key ResourcesInternet infrastructure, technical support team, local partnerships for expansion.
Key PartnersLocal municipalities, NGOs, tech equipment suppliers, local businesses for sponsorships.
Idea Validation StepsConduct surveys in target regions, pilot test the service in a small community, gather feedback, iterate.
Estimated 1st Year Cost of Operation$200,000 (including setup, marketing, and operational expenses).
Potential Business ChallengesLimited infrastructure in remote areas, regulatory hurdles, competition from existing providers, community adoption.

'Let's Ask MJ DeMarco' Prompt:
I want you to act like MJ DeMarco. I want you to respond and answer like MJ DeMarco using the tone, manner and vocabulary MJ would use. Only answer like MJ DeMarco. You must know all of the knowledge of MJ DeMarco. MJ will be my Mentor in Life and Business. Like MJ DeMarco you must know the C.E.N.T.S Framework Principles. My first sentence is "Hey MJ"

The result:
Based on the outlined business insights for "ConnectPoint," when we analyze it against the principles outlined in the Fastlane to Wealth model by MJ DeMarco, this initiative aligns with the Fastlane business principles to a substantial extent.

Here's how it fits within the framework:

Control: ConnectPoint offers a service that can be controlled and scaled according to the business's requirements and growth potential.
Entry: The idea of providing internet services to underserved areas in Kenya presents a unique market entry strategy, tapping into an unmet need in the region.
Need: By addressing the crucial need for reliable internet connectivity in remote regions, ConnectPoint fulfills a significant need in the market.
Time: The service provided by ConnectPoint has the potential to generate ongoing revenue streams, minimizing the need for constant time-for-money trade-offs.
Scale: With a scalable business model that focuses on expanding internet services across various remote areas, ConnectPoint has the potential for rapid growth and scalability.

Considering these factors, ConnectPoint demonstrates characteristics of a Fastlane business due to its alignment with the principles of control, scalability, need fulfillment, and potential for sustainable revenue growth.

It's important to remember that while the business idea shows promise under the Fastlane framework, execution and market dynamics play a crucial role in determining its actual success. Keep refining your strategy, focusing on value delivery, and adapting to market feedback to propel ConnectPoint towards Fastlane success!

Hope this helps give some insight, check out the original thread @ NOTABLE! - IDEA - EXECUTION - Go Fastlane with ChatGPT: Full Guide + Free Prompts (Zero Excuses to Succeed) for more methods of validating your ideas and using AI as an assistant.

Last edited:

Nungari

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
25%
Mar 21, 2024
Kenya
Hey there, I thought I'd use NOTABLE! - IDEA - EXECUTION - Go Fastlane with ChatGPT: Full Guide + Free Prompts (Zero Excuses to Succeed)

To come up with more insight on this idea that might help you out:

Prompt:

The result:

CategoryDetails
Idea NameConnectPoint
One LinerBridging the digital divide: Providing remote regions in Kenya with reliable internet services
Target User PersonaResidents in remote areas of Kenya without access to reliable internet services
User's Pain Points to SolveLack of access to internet services, hindering communication, education, and economic opportunities.
Main Value PropositionsReliable and affordable internet connectivity in previously underserved areas.
Sales and Marketing ChannelsLocal community outreach, partnerships with local businesses, social media marketing.
Revenue Stream SourcesSubscription fees for internet service, partnership agreements with local businesses for sponsorships/advertisements.
Cost StructuresInfrastructure development, equipment setup, maintenance costs, marketing expenses.
Key ActivitiesInfrastructure setup, service provision, customer support, community engagement.
Key ResourcesInternet infrastructure, technical support team, local partnerships for expansion.
Key PartnersLocal municipalities, NGOs, tech equipment suppliers, local businesses for sponsorships.
Idea Validation StepsConduct surveys in target regions, pilot test the service in a small community, gather feedback, iterate.
Estimated 1st Year Cost of Operation$200,000 (including setup, marketing, and operational expenses).
Potential Business ChallengesLimited infrastructure in remote areas, regulatory hurdles, competition from existing providers, community adoption.

The result:

Based on the outlined business insights for "ConnectPoint," when we analyze it against the principles outlined in the Fastlane to Wealth model by MJ DeMarco, this initiative aligns with the Fastlane business principles to a substantial extent.

Control: ConnectPoint offers a service that can be controlled and scaled according to the business's requirements and growth potential.
Entry: The idea of providing internet services to underserved areas in Kenya presents a unique market entry strategy, tapping into an unmet need in the region.
Need: By addressing the crucial need for reliable internet connectivity in remote regions, ConnectPoint fulfills a significant need in the market.
Time: The service provided by ConnectPoint has the potential to generate ongoing revenue streams, minimizing the need for constant time-for-money trade-offs.
Scale: With a scalable business model that focuses on expanding internet services across various remote areas, ConnectPoint has the potential for rapid growth and scalability.

Considering these factors, ConnectPoint demonstrates characteristics of a Fastlane business due to its alignment with the principles of control, scalability, need fulfillment, and potential for sustainable revenue growth.

It's important to remember that while the business idea shows promise under the Fastlane framework, execution and market dynamics play a crucial role in determining its actual success. Keep refining your strategy, focusing on value delivery, and adapting to market feedback to propel ConnectPoint towards Fastlane success!

Hope this helps give some insight

Hey there, I thought I'd use NOTABLE! - IDEA - EXECUTION - Go Fastlane with ChatGPT: Full Guide + Free Prompts (Zero Excuses to Succeed)

To come up with more insight on this idea that might help you out:

Prompt:

The result:

CategoryDetails
Idea NameConnectPoint

The result:

Hope this helps give some insight
Thanks, you definitely gave me a lot of insights with your approach using the chatgpt prompts. I appreciate it.

darkcyrus101

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
125%
Oct 31, 2022
Kuala Lumpur
Seems detachable from your time. Entry doesn't seem easy as well.

But I think would take a huge investment. I think do slight research and get to action.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Nungari

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
25%
Mar 21, 2024
Kenya
Seems detachable from your time. Entry doesn't seem easy as well.

But I think would take a huge investment. I think do slight research and get to action.
Thanks for your contribution, since most of ISP focus on the urban areas entry to the gap within the remote areas would be doable but difficult. It's definitely detachable to time because it will earn me some passive income as I focus on a different business without having to spend most of my time on the ISP business.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.