The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

Is reselling fiverr services a good ideia?

Remove ads while supporting the Unscripted philosophy...become an INSIDER.

hoponthebop

New Contributor
Apr 16, 2019
Hey!

I had an ideia! So like all I need to do is to solve problems and provida value right? I can just be a middleman at solving problems! Resell freelance/fiverr services to business owners!

Is that a good ideia? Should I go ahead with it? Or should I just focus kn learning wordpress/web design?

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

rjrobbins2

Bronze Contributor
Read Millionaire Fastlane
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Mar 20, 2019
Kansas City, MO
While it isnt a bad idea completely, you will lack control over the quality, revisions, and delivery time. While I am usually satisfied with the services I buy from Fiverr, I know that it can go poorly which isn't a big deal because I rarely spend more than $25. But, you will resell so you will charge higher rates and people will expect higher quality. If they do not satisfy the customer and keep buying revisions, you could lose money. You also risk your reputation in buying cheap services if they do not deliver quality.

I would only do this if you found service providers you trust completely and have a relationship with. That will take time and you would have to scout and buy services for research.

Personally, given your situation, I would jump into using your language skills to provide services within that space. Knowing 5 languages gives you valuable skills where you can translate textbooks, closed captioning and more. One of my regrets is not taking the time to learn other languages. I am working on Spanish now but it could have provided me a lot of opportunities when I was your age.

Learning WordPress is a great idea. It is a valuable skill you can both Fastlane and gain high-paying jobs.

Thomas Chauvet

Bronze Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Jun 26, 2017
Dijon, France
Hey!

I had an ideia! So like all I need to do is to solve problems and provida value right? I can just be a middleman at solving problems! Resell freelance/fiverr services to business owners!

Is that a good ideia? Should I go ahead with it? Or should I just focus kn learning wordpress/web design?
Well, for me, if you bring sales for your Fiverr guys and find good freelancers for your clients, you're clearly bringing value and time to both.

I think someone here did a topic about it on the forum, you should try to look for it.

It's not different then people doing retail, you're doing the link and taking responsibility. If you do it well you can ask for your share of the profit.

Envoyé de mon SM-G955F en utilisant Tapatalk

astr0

Grinding
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Dec 3, 2017
Lviv, Ukraine
Don't think of it as just reselling.

You can add a lot of value here. Talk to businesses and figure out what they need. Let's say, for example, they need a sales website. You can find a web designer for a design and a copywriter to do most of the text right. Maybe also a programmer for some advanced features if needed. Finding and managing people that work on the same goal would be your added value.
Sometimes freelancers may be good at what they do, but lacking understanding of customer needs. Communicating what should be done more effectively to them is also adding value.

You should be good at sales for this to work. Many freelancers are not great in sales while being able to deliver quality work. That's your margins.

Sanj Modha

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
Feb 16, 2016
In Your Newsfeed
Yep, its a great idea. Here are my top tips:

1 - Stick to premium, high end gigs: leave the $5-$10 gigs for the bottom 90%. Focus on the top 1%.
2 - You need primo freelancers so do your homework when you arbitrage gigs.
3 - Charge way more than your competition does after you have proven results.

itfactor

Bronze Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
May 18, 2019
Like what most of these guys have said, platforms like Fiverr and Upwork are too competitive and everyone is just racing to the bottom in terms of pricing.

But the userbase is huge so it's easy to find a tons of clients if your skills are highly sought after.

Get a few good reviews by doing gigs for $5. Get your rep and your fees up to offset fiverr's fees.

Ultimately, you'll want to secure a handful of clients that trust your skills and are willing to pay more. Move them out of the fiverr ecosystem and deliver. Oh, and don't forget to ask for reviews and referrals whenever possible.

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
Oct 20, 2012
Don't think of it as just reselling.

You can add a lot of value here. Talk to businesses and figure out what they need. Let's say, for example, they need a sales website. You can find a web designer for a design and a copywriter to do most of the text right. Maybe also a programmer for some advanced features if needed. Finding and managing people that work on the same goal would be your added value.
Sometimes freelancers may be good at what they do, but lacking understanding of customer needs. Communicating what should be done more effectively to them is also adding value.

You should be good at sales for this to work. Many freelancers are not great in sales while being able to deliver quality work. That's your margins.
Was gonna say this^^ but he beat me to it.

I say DO IT.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Sponsored Offers

MARKETPLACE Fox' Web School's "Legend" Group Coaching Program 2020
For those with the "can web design be Fastlane" question this video by @MJ DeMarco is a great...
MARKETPLACE You Are One Call Away From Living Your Dream Life - LightHouse’s Accountability Program ⚡
Just got off the phone with @LightHouse. Having just a 45 minute conversation with him has...
MARKETPLACE Kill Bigger Incubator
@Kak Out of curiosity, what types of businesses are you advising on? (I read this whole thread...
MARKETPLACE Lex DeVille's - Advanced Freelance Udemy Courses!
Just bought 5 of your Upwork courses. Thanks for making valuable content Lex!
MARKETPLACE Grow Your Business With a Book (An Unorthodox Marketing Strategy That Built One of the Largest...
Thanks for your offer to look at my book. Here's the link to the squeeze page Buy The Prosperous...

Forum Sponsor

sponsor

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom