First off I want to say I've been around the site for a bit, but haven't posted much. I plan to be here more often soaking in all the advice of the countless experts that share their time here. Thanks for that by the way, and I plan on doing the same some day once I am in your shoes.
So I've had a DIY home electrical help website for more than 5 years now that generates income via Adsense. Recently I added an Amazon product store to the site, but that has not yet proven fruitful. The website has never made too much money but does generate some steady passive income each month, so I've kept it around.
The problem is, it seems like it stalls out here and there and I have recently put a great deal of time into the site transferring it to a new CMS platform. I could just leave it be I guess, but when I've tried that in the past, it seems to slow down until I freshen it up with new content.
My question is, should a website come to a point where the little steady passive income is not worth the time traded to keep it running?
Thanks to anyone that can give insight in advance.
So I've had a DIY home electrical help website for more than 5 years now that generates income via Adsense. Recently I added an Amazon product store to the site, but that has not yet proven fruitful. The website has never made too much money but does generate some steady passive income each month, so I've kept it around.
The problem is, it seems like it stalls out here and there and I have recently put a great deal of time into the site transferring it to a new CMS platform. I could just leave it be I guess, but when I've tried that in the past, it seems to slow down until I freshen it up with new content.
My question is, should a website come to a point where the little steady passive income is not worth the time traded to keep it running?
Thanks to anyone that can give insight in advance.
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
