The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Is it possible to find a gaming laptop under $700?

Ryan_Stevens

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Dec 26, 2017
Czech
I know it's hard to find a "Gaming Laptop" in the budget I have specified, but I have scoured the web finding laptops under $500 and even $300, but after some research I was able to find that I'm still very much short on budget considering that I need a gaming laptop that can play some top gaming titles smoothly. So, is there a laptop under $700 that has a good graphics card and allow me to play the new games in low-medium settings?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

jon2089

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
173%
Feb 11, 2017
US
I know it's hard to find a "Gaming Laptop" in the budget I have specified, but I have scoured the web finding laptops under $500 and even $300, but after some research I was able to find that I'm still very much short on budget considering that I need a gaming laptop that can play some top gaming titles smoothly. So, is there a laptop under $700 that has a good graphics card and allow me to play the new games in low-medium settings?
As long as you don't go above 1080P and willing to not put every setting to max you don't need a very powerful PC. Why do you need to play gaming titles smoothly?

Last edited:

Azure

Perpetual Motion
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
189%
Mar 12, 2016
Its next to impossible to find a good quality new build not under a BF/Boxing Day sale for under 700 - let alone a computer needed to play intense video games. Intel recently dropped the 8th gen cpus so you can find some good quality units right now at the cheapest they will be for a while.

Raoul Duke

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
324%
Feb 26, 2016
Raspberry pi with retropie. All in cost $100 max.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

luniac

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
158%
Dec 7, 2012
brooklyn

masterneme

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
256%
Apr 13, 2015
No, the majority of laptops in that price range have integrated GPUs and they're not very powerful. AMD just released their new Ryzen Mobile CPU, if you want a "cheap gaming" laptop you need to wait and get one with at least an AMD Ryzen 2500U.

If you don't want to wait you can check machines with a Geforce 940mx. Watch some videos, there's plenty of people showcasing games with this GPU, but don't expect miracles.

Another option is buying the cheapest laptop posible for work and portability and upgrade your PC with the rest of the money, it's cheaper, you get more performance and keep entertainment and work separated.

Any 200€ graphics card is enough for any modern game. So 200+400 for an average highly functional 15" machine makes 600 and you still have 100$/€ left to invest in your fastlane.

And you can stream your games to your laptop with programs like Steam In-Home Streaming or Nvidia GameStream.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%