The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  • NOTICE! The forum software is currently being upgraded. During this time, the forum may have intermittent downtime, specific functions may not be available, and/or the user interface may look different.

OFF-TOPIC Is it possible to find a gaming laptop under $700?

Accelerate wealth. Build a business that pays freedom. Join more than 70,000 entrepreneurs and register for the Fastlane Entrepreneur forum. Remove ads? Join the INSIDERS.

Ryan_Stevens

PARKED
Dec 26, 2017
Czech
I know it's hard to find a "Gaming Laptop" in the budget I have specified, but I have scoured the web finding laptops under $500 and even $300, but after some research I was able to find that I'm still very much short on budget considering that I need a gaming laptop that can play some top gaming titles smoothly. So, is there a laptop under $700 that has a good graphics card and allow me to play the new games in low-medium settings?

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

jon2089

Bronze Contributor
Read Millionaire Fastlane
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Feb 11, 2017
US
I know it's hard to find a "Gaming Laptop" in the budget I have specified, but I have scoured the web finding laptops under $500 and even $300, but after some research I was able to find that I'm still very much short on budget considering that I need a gaming laptop that can play some top gaming titles smoothly. So, is there a laptop under $700 that has a good graphics card and allow me to play the new games in low-medium settings?
As long as you don't go above 1080P and willing to not put every setting to max you don't need a very powerful PC. Why do you need to play gaming titles smoothly?

Last edited:

Azure

Perpetual Motion
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Mar 12, 2016
Its next to impossible to find a good quality new build not under a BF/Boxing Day sale for under 700 - let alone a computer needed to play intense video games. Intel recently dropped the 8th gen cpus so you can find some good quality units right now at the cheapest they will be for a while.

Raoul Duke

#fJb
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Feb 26, 2016
Raspberry pi with retropie. All in cost $100 max.

masterneme

Silver Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Apr 13, 2015
No, the majority of laptops in that price range have integrated GPUs and they're not very powerful. AMD just released their new Ryzen Mobile CPU, if you want a "cheap gaming" laptop you need to wait and get one with at least an AMD Ryzen 2500U.

If you don't want to wait you can check machines with a Geforce 940mx. Watch some videos, there's plenty of people showcasing games with this GPU, but don't expect miracles.

Another option is buying the cheapest laptop posible for work and portability and upgrade your PC with the rest of the money, it's cheaper, you get more performance and keep entertainment and work separated.

Any 200€ graphics card is enough for any modern game. So 200+400 for an average highly functional 15" machine makes 600 and you still have 100$/€ left to invest in your fastlane.

And you can stream your games to your laptop with programs like Steam In-Home Streaming or Nvidia GameStream.

Sponsored Offers

MARKETPLACE  Freelance University: Solve Every Freelance Problem (Especially on Upwork)
FU. 4 DAYS. 50% OFF BLACK FRIDAY SALE! If you're an Upwork freelancer, you'd be a fool not to...
MARKETPLACE  NEW: The Best School for Going Fastlane (50% Off Deal Now On)
Just added in some more bonus courses so now up to 4... We have a full super detailed...
MARKETPLACE  You Are One Call Away From Living Your Dream Life - LightHouse’s Accountability Program ⚡
One year ago, I was just your average software developer who always consumed content about...
MARKETPLACE  For Sale: Food Brand with 4 Years of Happy Customers in a Fast-Growing Niche
So to get certified, it cost a fortune? How much exactly? That sucks that these "health...
MARKETPLACE  Fox Web School "Legend" Group Coaching Program 2021
Fox's Web School helps you learn a specialized skill which you can use to get to Fastlane. It's...
MARKETPLACE  Not sure how to start? This free book will teach you how to build a successful web design business
Hi Fox. Starting the book and got through the introduction. Had a conversation with Andy Black...

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom