The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Is it a bad sign that I have to raising awareness to help my start-up succeed?

sklawllc

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
11%
Nov 24, 2014
I've identified a consumable product that most health experts recommend be replaced on a frequent basis. The problem is that the majority of consumers who use this product either are unaware of the need to replace it or simply just don't care too.
A perfect example is the toothbrush. Most dentist recommend that you replace your toothbrush every month due to the germs, bacteria that build up on it - hence the toothbrush subscription service was created.

I'm pretty much ready to launch my subscription service, but I think I may struggle with getting the word out that this consumable product should be replaced, like a toothbrush, on a regular basis.

Any advice?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
Well, who is your target audience? What is the product? Such as toothbrushes well there are electric and regular. What is affordable? What is convenient? What part of the population? Disabled? Mental Health? Elderly? Poor? Middle Class? Upper Class? Nursing homes or Hospitals? Dentist offices? All these people are in different circumstances? Like Elderly use swabs, regular tooth brushes, and electronic. Problems with electronic expensive heads and dead batteries. Mental Health has hygiene problems because of mental disorders. Disabled might have to have help. These three usually get toothbrushes in quantities from organizations or company. Maybe individually through family or personal shopping. Toothbrush awareness is everywhere. Doesn't mean they'll act on it. What quality is the toothbrush? Does the bristles fall out when you brush your teeth? Do they really help with gums and gum disease? This is the thing, most people are told so many different things about toothbrushes and toothpaste and sometimes end up screwing over their dental health because of deceptions of ingredients and what style toothbrushes. What kind of awareness? The truth?

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
Any time you step into a market void, you have to wage an informational campaign.

Look at guerrilla marketing, and become a social media expert.

sklawllc

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
11%
Nov 24, 2014
Well, who is your target audience? What is the product? Such as toothbrushes well there are electric and regular. What is affordable? What is convenient? What part of the population? Disabled? Mental Health? Elderly? Poor? Middle Class? Upper Class? Nursing homes or Hospitals? Dentist offices? All these people are in different circumstances? Like Elderly use swabs, regular tooth brushes, and electronic. Problems with electronic expensive heads and dead batteries. Mental Health has hygiene problems because of mental disorders. Disabled might have to have help. These three usually get toothbrushes in quantities from organizations or company. Maybe individually through family or personal shopping. Toothbrush awareness is everywhere. Doesn't mean they'll act on it. What quality is the toothbrush? Does the bristles fall out when you brush your teeth? Do they really help with gums and gum disease? This is the thing, most people are told so many different things about toothbrushes and toothpaste and sometimes end up screwing over their dental health because of deceptions of ingredients and what style toothbrushes. What kind of awareness? The truth?

Sorry, I was using toothbrushes just as an example. I would rather not reveal the actual consumable product my subscription is based around. My problem, is that I don't think most people are aware that this specific product should be replaced regularly.

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
Well they probably don't know unless the media, company, or someone has taken the steps to inform the public. If it's against another companies product or your insinuating their is a problem, I can't see that they would take your awareness to kindly. So depending on what it is, there could be legal problems. Hope it's in away that doesn't ruffle feathers and becomes a problem more than a solution.

Digamma

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
301%
Nov 13, 2014
Of course you have to raise awareness. If you didn't have to, your service would already exist.
So? Pick up the phone. You've got a problem and a solution. If people don't know they have this problem, let them know.

I'm not trying to be a smartass. It's an incredibly hard thing to do, I know.
But it's also the whole point of providing something that doesn't already exist, isn't it? You choose the space, now you gotta do the work it requires.

sklawllc

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
11%
Nov 24, 2014
Well they probably don't know unless the media, company, or someone has taken the steps to inform the public. If it's against another companies product or your insinuating their is a problem, I can't see that they would take your awareness to kindly. So depending on what it is, there could be legal problems. Hope it's in away that doesn't ruffle feathers and becomes a problem more than a solution.
That is very informative, fortunately this awareness isn't geared toward a specific company brand.

sklawllc

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
11%
Nov 24, 2014
Of course you have to raise awareness. If you didn't have to, your service would already exist.
So? Pick up the phone. You've got a problem and a solution. If people don't know they have this problem, let them know.

I'm not trying to be a smartass. It's an incredibly hard thing to do, I know.
But it's also the whole point of providing something that doesn't already exist, isn't it? You choose the space, now you gotta do the work it requires.
I'm thinking maybe some creative youtube videos. Going to have to reach into my creative hat for this one....

sklawllc

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
11%
Nov 24, 2014
The more googling I do, the more of a market void I'm seeing. When I search "when should I replace my product" only a few articles spread across a couple years pulls up in the results.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
448%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Is it a bad sign that I have to raising awareness to help my start-up succeed?

Nope, I'd take it more of a good sign. Education then becomes apart of the platform for communicating the need.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.